Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Samtian, I kept wondering when the stinging / prickly feeling would end. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ But it did and I was so happy when it did.

@itsfi Any idea what ingredient/s caused it? I will definitely stay away from that one. 

That's a great question @Samtian. At an initial glance, I would guess it might be the biotin or added fragrance in the product, or a combination of both. I've taken biotin before, orally, but not topically, at least not that I can recall. I also don't recall seeing it as an ingredient in masks or skincare products I've used in recent years, though I can't be absolutely sure of that.

I've spent the last couple of nights looking up a few ingredients on the INCI list that I'm not familiar with. Most of them seem to be emulsifiers and that could also be a cause of the stinging, whether on its own or in any number of combination with the other ingredients. I'd have to find a way to isolate any of these suspects in order to be certain or narrow down the list of likely suspects, but I'm not sure how (or if I want) to go about doing that with all the ones in this mask that might have triggered that reaction. So for now, I'll rehome this mask and steer clear of it. 

@itsfi sounds like a better plan!

@Samtian, my face 100% agrees. ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ‘Š

Oh no that sounds terrible @itsfi !

@Kim888, I donโ€™t recall ever having such a experience with a mask, wash off or a sheet mask! ๐Ÿ˜ณ Definitely not the mask for me.

Ohhhh total yikes!!! @itsfi 

โ€œTotal yikesโ€ is right @lmaster! This is the first time Iโ€™ve felt stinging for so long after washing off the mask. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ 

Reached for this one last night. For @keana1's overnight mask theme, but it could also fit into the "hi" side of this week's "hi-lo" theme.

M - overnight mask - Sisley Black Rose.jpg

Spoiler
A little over 17 months ago as part of my goal to use up all of my 2020 foils, I used a sample of the beautifully rose scented Sisley Black Rose Cream Mask. Going through a few more foils and DS of this mask lead me to pick up a full size. It's really such a luxe mask. Instructions direct you to tissue it off after 10 minutes, but for the pretty pennies it costs (even with a sale), this is one I use as a sleeping mask. It works marvelously as an overnight mask, leaving my skin looking and feeling soft, smooth, fresh-faced and moisturized the next morning

I'm nearing the end of this tube; I think I can make it last through the end of the year and maybe even through all of winter. Then, I'll need to decide whether to pick up another one. ๐Ÿค” Based on performance, it would be a repurchase. On the other hand, based on the number of  sleeping masks I want to work through first and how spendy it is, I won't be repurchasing this beauty any time soon. It's wonderful, but it's also something I would happily wait to splurge on when there's a good sale. 

NEST New York Mini Autumn Plum Candle 2 oz/ 70 g 1-wick candle 

@itsfi 

This mask sounds so luxe. I've only ever tried the rose oil from Sisley and it was wonderful

Oooouh @missy94612, Iโ€™ve heard good things about the Sisley rose oil! ๐Ÿ˜ This black rose mask is definitely a treat.

!@itsfi

This sounds fancy. I think I have a foil of it somewhere. Now I know what to expect.

@elleb810, samples are great for trying out products. Do let us know how you like it! 

@itsfi  

I'm afraid to try it, lest I like it and need to have it. LOL.

@itsfi  Lovely picture!!! Itโ€™s to bad such a great mask is so spendy. Darn them. Maybe a great sale will come around making the restock hard to pass up!

Thank you @ather! ๐Ÿค— My plan is to do an eval at or around the end of the year (which means I probably won't get around to it until early January - hahaha!) of my skincare, and masks especially, and figure out what I want to do going forward in terms of keeping a more streamlined and curated collection. That's the plan, at least. We will find out whether that actually happens. lol. 

@itsfi  This one sounds so wonderful! Sometimes, I sort of hate it when I love a sample of an expensive product ๐Ÿ˜‚

Right @Shosh85??! I always have mixed feelings about getting samples of fancy-schmancy expensive products. Because their price tag makes me not want to like them, let alone love them. Costco of all places carried this mask (the entire Sisley Black Rose line at one point) and I took the plunge when there was a good rebate offered. 

I've contemplated that mask! @itsfi I'm on a mission to get through my masks before taking that wallet plunge ๐Ÿ˜†

โ€œWallet plungeโ€ is such a good term @lmaster! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Completely hear you on getting though your masks - it feels so good once youโ€™ve done that. You got this! ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿผ 

3 Replies
testing