Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe 

The Edible Beauty sleeping mask sounds nice.

@missy94612 the FS is on my to-do list, for sometime soon. I initially planned to pick it up for the F&F sale, but was side-tracked by the candle set!

@eshoe  All these sound lovely! I am glad you and tack have become friends. Itโ€™s always great to hear when you are able to move past your differences!! 

Ha ha, itโ€™s about time, @ather. I have always wondered if a point would come where I ceded to the tack, and it has arrived. I no longer fear the mask removal ๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe 

The Korres lip butters are so smooth and nice.

Which is your favorite, @elleb810? I was so surprised to find they donโ€™t typically have scents related to their names! 

@eshoe 

pomegranate and mango balms

@eshoe, you have your healthy food inspired mask with the tofu and your not so healthy one with the marshmallow mask. Good balance! ๐Ÿ˜€ 

The tofu milk mask makes me think of when I was a kid and my mom and grandma would make soybean milk. I have the honey version of the tofu milk mask and it's pretty good; lots of jelly serum in it. 

Ha ha I did not catch that, @itsfiโ€ฆthe hi and lo on the nutrient scale๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Your Grandma made soybean milk? That must have been extra delicious! Anything and everything Grandmas make seems to be๐Ÿ’• I bet you have some wonderful food memories, too. Family seems to be based around them๐Ÿฅฐ

@eshoe, yep, from scratch! She made so many things from scratch that I now have a much greater appreciation for as an adult, both for the time and effort as well as the taste. ๐Ÿ˜Š

@eshoe  Oooh, I've never seen that Mediheal mask before! The milky cream sounds wonderful! 
The Edible Mousse sounds great too! Softening and blurring is always a good thing! 

@Shosh85 the Edible Beauty is especially welcome as it doesnโ€™t seem to weigh down on the skin. A plus for overly hot and humid summer nights! Come winter, something more hydrating may be needed for normal/dry skin, but for now, it fits right in:)

The Tofu mask is SO good, @eshoe!!

Youโ€™ve tried this one, @haleyvvvv? โ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿฅฐ

Yes, a few times, @eshoe!! It's such a good, milky mask

Yes, @haleyvvvv, the more I mask, the more I find myself drawn to milky, nourishing serums like this. Cheers to happy skin๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผโ˜บ๏ธ

The last of last week's fruit masks. Thanks for a great theme @keana1!

L - fruits - Elizavecca Fruits Deep.jpg

Spoiler
The soft, thin, cellulose material of the Elizavecca Power Ringer Mask Pack - Fruits Deep is drenched in a clear, watery, runny, and very faintly herbal scented essence comprised of, among other things, extracts of lemon, apple and grape and a blend of AHAs (glycolic and lactic acids) and BHAs (salicylic acid). As with most Korean sheet masks, adherence is good and fit can be adjusted to accommodate various face shapes and sizes. The softness of the material made it a comfortable wear for the entire half hour I had it on. This mask lived up to its nourishing claim and then some, as my skin was left feeling smooth, hydrated and nourished. The sheet masks in this Power Ringer mask line would be good for daily masking; this one in particular is one I'd happily use again, but I'm not sure it's one I feel compelled to seek out immediately.

Started this week's masking with a M for moisturizing

M - moisturizing - isoi.jpg

Spoiler
The Isoi 24hr Soothing Moisture Mask is a standard weight cotton gauze sheet coated, but not soaked or drenched in a clear liquid that smells slightly herbal in the pouch, but is pretty much unscented by the time you unfold the mask. Adherence is good; fit along the perimeter of the face is in keeping with most sheet masks - a smidge too wide at temples, about 1/2" too short at the forehead and 1" too long at the chin and jawline. Openings for the eyes, mouth and nose are fine; the only adjustments I needed to make were to the corners of the eyes. Certain parts of the mask were beginning to dry out near the 20-minute mark so after redistributing some of the essence to my philtrum and cheeks (typically, the drier parts of my face), I didn't keep the mask on for much longer.  The essence that remains on certain parts of my face after removing the mask absorbs quickly and leaves behind a medium level tack that dissipates after the product is fully absorbed into the skin. My complexion looks healthy, dewy, and skin feels soft and moisturized. Some darkness from PIH seemed to be reduced, albeit temporarily.  This was a nice mask. I liked it and would consider repurchasing. 

FYI: This has a lot of herbal, plant and floral extracts, along with alcohol (4th ingredient)

@itsfi the fruit ringer mask sounds really interesting! I love a soft mask! 

@Kim888, yes! A soft mask just adds a nice touch to the whole masking experience. 

@itsfi the Isoi sounds especially inviting, especially with that herbal scent (even though it was short-lived!).  

@eshoe, the herbal scent on this one was one I wouldn't have minded lasting longer. The brand also puts out a Bulgarian rose oil sheet mask that sounds like it could smell nice as well, but like herbal scents, rose ones can be good or not so good. Debating whether to give that one a try. 

2 Replies
testing