Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Animal Print Masks - Lions 🦁, tigers 🐯, pandas 🐼, and bears 🐻, oh my! None other than the lovely @Shosh85 brings us this smile-worthy challengeπŸ˜„

Letter of the Week:  Q

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@itsfi sounds like a better plan!

@Samtian, my face 100% agrees. πŸ˜†πŸ‘Š

Oh no that sounds terrible @itsfi !

@Kim888, I don’t recall ever having such a experience with a mask, wash off or a sheet mask! 😳 Definitely not the mask for me.

Ohhhh total yikes!!! @itsfi 

β€œTotal yikes” is right @lmaster! This is the first time I’ve felt stinging for so long after washing off the mask. 😱 

Reached for this one last night. For @keana1's overnight mask theme, but it could also fit into the "hi" side of this week's "hi-lo" theme.

M - overnight mask - Sisley Black Rose.jpg

Spoiler
A little over 17 months ago as part of my goal to use up all of my 2020 foils, I used a sample of the beautifully rose scented Sisley Black Rose Cream Mask. Going through a few more foils and DS of this mask lead me to pick up a full size. It's really such a luxe mask. Instructions direct you to tissue it off after 10 minutes, but for the pretty pennies it costs (even with a sale), this is one I use as a sleeping mask. It works marvelously as an overnight mask, leaving my skin looking and feeling soft, smooth, fresh-faced and moisturized the next morning

I'm nearing the end of this tube; I think I can make it last through the end of the year and maybe even through all of winter. Then, I'll need to decide whether to pick up another one. πŸ€” Based on performance, it would be a repurchase. On the other hand, based on the number of  sleeping masks I want to work through first and how spendy it is, I won't be repurchasing this beauty any time soon. It's wonderful, but it's also something I would happily wait to splurge on when there's a good sale. 

NEST New York Mini Autumn Plum Candle 2 oz/ 70 g 1-wick candle 

@itsfi 

This mask sounds so luxe. I've only ever tried the rose oil from Sisley and it was wonderful

Oooouh @missy94612, I’ve heard good things about the Sisley rose oil! 😍 This black rose mask is definitely a treat.

!@itsfi

This sounds fancy. I think I have a foil of it somewhere. Now I know what to expect.

@elleb810, samples are great for trying out products. Do let us know how you like it! 

@itsfi  

I'm afraid to try it, lest I like it and need to have it. LOL.

@itsfi  Lovely picture!!! It’s to bad such a great mask is so spendy. Darn them. Maybe a great sale will come around making the restock hard to pass up!

Thank you @ather! πŸ€— My plan is to do an eval at or around the end of the year (which means I probably won't get around to it until early January - hahaha!) of my skincare, and masks especially, and figure out what I want to do going forward in terms of keeping a more streamlined and curated collection. That's the plan, at least. We will find out whether that actually happens. lol. 

@itsfi  This one sounds so wonderful! Sometimes, I sort of hate it when I love a sample of an expensive product πŸ˜‚

Right @Shosh85??! I always have mixed feelings about getting samples of fancy-schmancy expensive products. Because their price tag makes me not want to like them, let alone love them. Costco of all places carried this mask (the entire Sisley Black Rose line at one point) and I took the plunge when there was a good rebate offered. 

I've contemplated that mask! @itsfi I'm on a mission to get through my masks before taking that wallet plunge πŸ˜†

β€œWallet plunge” is such a good term @lmaster! πŸ‘πŸΌ Completely hear you on getting though your masks - it feels so good once you’ve done that. You got this! πŸ‘ŠπŸΌ 

@itsfi ohhhh I have a LONG way to go πŸ˜‚ thank you for the encouragement πŸ’‹πŸ’‹

@itsfi  

I've read good reviews about this mask. 

@elleb810, this is such a moisturizing overnight mask. It’s definitely one that works so much better as a sleeping mask than tissuing it off.

17 Replies