Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Morning Masking to get up and Glow, Glow, Glow!!πŸ’–

Letter of the Week:  P

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@PrettyPaint  I make a low carb one with a protein mix pumpkin and egg whites! Yummy

@ather  Oh, that sounds good! I don't really eat gluten, so maybe I could try this!

@PrettyPaint  I like to top mine with peanut butter and whipped cream 🀀

@ather @Peanut butter??? 

@eshoe  Sounds weird but so yummy!! I saw the rock doing it so I had to give it a try. And I’m not a huge peanut butter fan!

I’ll take your word for it, @ather πŸ˜‚ It is probably delicious and I am missing out by having eggs!

@Shosh85 , a strawberry smell sounds yummy.

@nuinui933  It was yummy! Love a good fruity scent! πŸ“πŸ§‡

@Shosh85, I always crave waffles when you post on the different Kocostar masks from this line. πŸ˜‹ This strawberry one πŸ“ sounds fantastic! I’ll have to look back at your other posts (which will really make me want waffles) to see if there is an order I should try these out. So far, this strawberry one is sounding like a contender for hour fave from this line. 

@itsfi  I've tried 5 so far and this is the order I'd rank them:

1) Honey 🍯 

2) Strawberry and Blueberry is a tie πŸ“πŸ«

3) Ice cream 🍦

4) Maple 🍁 

Thank you @Shosh85,! πŸ˜ƒ  This gives me a good roadmap for the order I should use these waffle masks. πŸ§‡ 

BIC inspired masking: The Gastropods are going on tour! 🐌 And joining them are the Escar Go Go's - shout out to @twilightnicky  for that cute band name. I have been working on putting this together (and having a blast doing so) since the band name theme was first introduced as a challenge theme - when was that? Sometime last year? - and what a fabulous theme it has been, @PrettyPaint! πŸ₯° Thank you! 
The Gastropods World Tour: Asia legThe Gastropods World Tour: Asia leg

It's challenging to do an actual world tour as there are not a lot of snail sheet masks outside of certain countries. Finally, after spending some time scouring the internet and doing research on brands and their distributors, I managed to source enough snail sheet mask to put together the Asia leg of the bands' world tour as well as a US leg! We'll start with the Asian brands for this week. The tour will carry over into next week's postings with the US brands, and ask that you work with me as I'll get a little creative with next week's theme tie-in. πŸ˜‰

For the Asia leg of this tour, we start off in South Korea with an oldie-but-goodie and we'll make our snails' pace πŸ˜‚ way to different Asian countries along the way (Japan, Thailand, Taiwan, Hong Kong, China) with our final stop on this leg of the tour taking us back to South Korea with a newbie snail mask. Ohhh yeaaahhhh!!! Are you ready maskers? Here come The Gastropods and the Escar Go Go's🐌

Etude House 0.2mm Air Therapy Mask - Snail:

Spoiler

🐌Brand Origin: South Korea

AmorePacific, founded in 1945 is one of the oldest Korean beauty brands. It has over 30 subsidiaries, including Etude House which was founded in 1966 (per Wikipedia).

🐌Material: Uber thin, translucent, cotton sheet mask

🐌Adherence: Great; these 0.2mm masks are soft and wear extremely comfortably

🐌Fit: Standard fit along perimeter of face; no adjustments needed to eye or mouth openings.

🐌Serum: Clear, viscous essence

🐌Scent: Fresh, clean, and having a faint herbal scent

🐌f(x): Smoothing and firming

🐌Results: Soft, smooth, hydrated, nourished skin that feels bouncy and has a healthy glow.

🐌Repurchase?: Absolutely and I already have, in fact. Etude House 0.2mm Air Therapy Mask - Snail is one of my favorite masks from the 0.2mm series; it's a tried-and-true mask and one I would happily use for daily masking.

Pure Smile Snail Essence Mask:

Spoiler
🐌Brand Origin: Japan
🐌Material: Cotton; feels thicker than most cotton fiber sheet masks from Japan
🐌Adherence: Fine
🐌Fit: Standard; adjustments needed to chin/jawline and openings for eyes and mouth.
🐌Serum: Clear, slightly viscous
🐌Scent: Like a sheet mask; otherwise, unscented
🐌f(x): Moisturizing and brightening
🐌Results: Feels cooling on the skin; serum absorbs quickly and leaves a slight stickiness. Provides light moisture and brightening, but no more so than most sheet masks.
🐌Repurchase?: Probably not.  In general, Pure Smile masks, like this snail variety, are usually ones I'd be fine using if I had it around, but with so many other snail sheet masks around, it's not one I would seek out.

Ray Facial Mask (Silver)

Spoiler
🐌Brand Origin: Thailand
🐌Material: Soft, thin, possibly Tencel
🐌Adherence: Spectacular; this feels like second skin
🐌Fit: Standard; large along perimeter with adjustments needed to eye and mouth openings.
🐌Serum: watery, ever so slightly viscous - just enough to keep it from being runny
🐌Scent: has a cleaning product scent, not lemony that lingers slightly longer than I care for but it does eventually fade in strength 
🐌f(x): Moisturizing
🐌Results: Hydrated, lightly moisturized skin. medium tack
🐌Repurchase: Maybe? The scent is the kicker here. If it faded away like most sheet masks I'd probably be fine with it, but it lingers and it's not a great scent to have lingering. This is really the only thing that keeps the Ray Facial Mask (Silver) a mask I'd repurchase.

To not exceed the character count, I'll add the other reviews below this OP. ⬇️ 

Well this post is a bookmark, @itsfi πŸ€© chock full of helpful (and cute) info. You made this look so fun!

@eshoe, I had a blast with the theme and am happy that I was able to put together a "world tour" for our resident snail bands. Hahaha! It was fun to expand on the band theme. I think there will be more performances to come from The Gastropods and Escar Go Go's. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚ 

I am here for it, @itsfi πŸŒπŸ™ŒπŸΌβ˜ΊοΈ

@eshoe, awww. The Gastropods and Escar Go Go's appreciate their fans. BIC maskers get the VIP seats. πŸ˜‰

Laughing and smiling. No better way to tidy up the weekend, @itsfi πŸ₯°

@itsfi  

Holy smokes! Or maybe I should say holy snails! LOL! That's a lot of snail masks. As others have said, loved reading your post - always very detailed and creative! My husband said he's down for trying a snail mask and your thoughts will be helpful. 

@missy94612, β€œholy snails!” Hahaha! πŸ˜† Thank you! I spread the masks out over a period of time so it wasn’t all in one week, but that could be a lot of fun too! Yaaay that your husband is open to trying a snail mask. There’s a few of us who are big fans of the gastropod so if you have questions about snail sheet masks, let us know. 🐌 

@itsfi 

I may just take you up on that offer. Going to do a little more reading through some reviews here to finalize my list of snail masks.

@itsfi  Wow I’m impressed!!!! I always love a good snail 🐌 mask!!!