Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Hmmmm, filmy masks sound like something to stay far away from, @Shosh85. Bummer about that!

@eshoe  I've definitely tried worse masks than this, but that filmy feeling is just a little uncomfortable.

@Shosh85  

I've never heard of this vegetable before. Glowy and moisturized sound good, but I totally hear ya on the film feeling.

@missy94612  I had never heard of this vegetable either, until I saw this mask! It's definitely not the worst mask I've ever tried, but I just wasn't a fan of the film. 

@missy94612 I had to find a substitute for it recently, and turnip was recommended. Not sure how much they differ, but it gave me a glimpse of how it might taste!

@eshoe  

Oh turnip? How interesting! I roasted some root vegetables the other night including turnip. I curious to see how close they are in flavor. I'll have to try to track down kohlrabi.

I would like it try them side by side, @missy94612. I know subs work but they always leave me curious why the original was selected!

@eshoe  Hmm, now I'm kinda curious to try both of these veggies side by side and compare! 

I am too, @Shosh85. I just need to find them both in stock at the same time! There have been so many supply chain issues recently that my Instacart orders are often incomplete. Basic produce is OOS; zucchini, jalapeรฑos, tomatoes. I have tried my hand at gardening, and am pretty awful unfortunately!  

@Shosh85, I have not tried the kohlrabi varietal of this mask, but I have tried all 3 of the different serum types in this line. I pick up a similar scent to all of them - a fresh, plants, leafy scent that somewhat reminds me of gardening. I can't seem to pull up the review I did of the burdock varietal, which has the same ampoule essence as the kohlrabi, but I'm pretty sure that my experience with all 3 different serums was that they had a similar, if not identical, scent to them. At least to my nose.

The filmy feel would be a pass for me as well. My favorite of the 3 different serums is the cream version - so moisturizing. ๐Ÿ˜ 

@itsfi  Good to hear some feedback on these! I'm pretty sure I have the whole line, but this is the first one I've tried. I have a feeling the cream version will be favorite too - can't wait to try them! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, Iโ€™m interested in hearing your take on the other varieties, especially if you find the scent to be uniform throughout the entire collection. The cream serum masks are soooo good. Great for dry or very dry skin; they will come in handy when winter comes around. 

@Shosh85 The filmy feeling would bother me too.

@Samtian  Yeah, I mean it's the worst thing in the world, just annoying 

Went with some banana themed masks earlier this week, giving me a K for (the chemical symbol for) potassium. All these beauties have a yummy banana scent, a fave among some of the BIC maskers here. ๐ŸŒ
K - potassium - bananas.jpg

Lip balm:
Spoiler
Ahhhh, Le Paradis Jamaica Banana Lip Balm is a luxurious banana-runt scented lip balm. For a thicker-leaning balm, it applies easily and smoothly, melts wonderfully upon contact with skin, feels nourishing, and provides a nice sheen to the lips. There's a watermelon infused version that is equally great. 
Wash off mask:
Spoiler
SEPHORA COLLECTION Instant Masks Banana Cream has a thin but creamy, whipped mousse texture, is yellow in color, and has a sweet banana scent that leans faintly of banana runts but more closely resembles a banana milkshake or banana cream pie scent. Looking at the INCI list, the sweet scent from the mask likely comes from the caramel. The scent lingers for a spell, but is not overwhelming.  I left the mask on for 10 minutes per the instructions; there was a slight tingling on my cheeks (which are the most sensitive parts of my face) very quickly after applying the mask - nothing that caused me concern, and it didn't cause any irritation to my skin, but it was noticeable. After rinsing off the mask, my skin felt soft and smooth and felt lightly moisturized and nicely hydrated. It says that there are 5 uses in this tube, but I think that is a very conservative estimate. Either that or you'd have to be extremely generous with your application of the product. I wasn't stingy with applying on my face and I feel like I barely made a dent in the tube. 
Sheet Mask
Spoiler
๐ŸŒ Mask:  TWOTSP Ggulba Mask

๐ŸŒClaim(s):  Hydrating, nourishing and rejuvenating

๐ŸŒMaterial:  Soft, thicker-leaning microfiber sheet

๐ŸŒAdherence:  Very good; it feels like a light, weighted blanket on the skin. Makes for a relaxing masking sesh. 

๐ŸŒFit:  This masks seems to come in 2 sizes - petite (XS) and small. I don't think I have a particularly small face so I went with the small, which turns out to be your standard sized sheet mask - 1-1/2" to 2" too long at the chin / jawline; smidge too wide at the temples. Adjustments needed to the corners of the eye, mouth and nose openings.

๐ŸŒEssence:  Clear, viscous (though not goopy) essence

๐ŸŒScent:  Light, sweet scent with just the slightest fruit smell; to my nose, it leans more towards a honey scent than banana. I had hoped this would be a dupe for the discontinued but not forgotten Secret Key Honey Banana Mask, but alas, the search continues for the ever elusive dupe. 

๐ŸŒPerformance + Results:   Oh wow! This is one ultra hydrating and moisturizing mask. My skin felt soft and had a healthy, dewy glow to it after 30 minutes.  One thing to note though is that there's a noticeable tack that remains for about another half hour after removing it. This mask also does a great job of calming and reducing redness. 

๐ŸŒBest Suited For: Dry or dehydrated skin; and those dealing with redness.

๐ŸŒRepurchase?:  I have lots of love for this mask and will definitely be repurchasing it, although I may try the petite size, if I can find it.

@itsfi - that lip balm sounds good. I'll have to look it up.

@eshores, I'm really liking the lip balm; wish the brand would come out with more flavors. ๐Ÿ˜  Here's what the consistency on both the balms look like - 

Top: Jamaica (banana) lip balm. Bottom: Mykonos (watermelon) lip balmTop: Jamaica (banana) lip balm. Bottom: Mykonos (watermelon) lip balm

@itsfi banana and honey sounds good. That's cool that this comes in different sizes. 

@nuinui933, always love a good honey and banana sheet mask. Iโ€™m intrigued by this mask coming in two sizes. 

Loving the sounds of this mask!! @itsfi 

@lmaster, there are so many โ€œprosโ€ to this mask! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

1 Reply
testing