Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Shosh85 Yep! But always on the hunt for one that might actually work haha. 

@Samtian how would the aveeno foot mask compare to the SC ones? 

@haleyvvvv They were about the same for me. Felt nice right after, but no results the next morning. 

@Samtian a cosmic steam mask SOUNDS promising; it's too bad that it wasn't that great.

@Samtian I use the eye masks when I'm in bed, they put me to sleep quick

@lmaster Nice!

Another PSA: the packaging on these are adorable! These make great gifts / stocking stuffers! ๐ŸŽ 

D560A824-F617-49BD-ACAA-2F3EA0DFDFC1.jpeg

โ€ƒ

E902CB08-4280-4B4F-A4C4-561DA26CD0A4.jpeg

SEPHORA COLLECTION Holiday Mango Hand Mask 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Holiday Coconut Foot Mask 

@itsfi 

The packaging on these are cute. I can see how they'd make great gifts; will have to pick some up. 

@elleb810, Sephora always does an excellent job on the packaging for the holiday releases of these masks. This yearโ€™s design is exceptionally adorable! ๐Ÿ˜ So cute you could skip the wrapping paper! ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Thank you for these VIP PSAโ€™s, @itsfi! The packaging this year is pretty adorable. 

@eshoe, Sephora always does a great job with the holiday packaging on these masks.

@itsfi  The packaging on these holiday ones are always so cute! 

@Shosh85, Sephora does a good job with their holiday packaging for their hand and foot masks. There's a part of me that would like to see some limited edition scents / "flavors" on these holiday masks. The big draw for them for me is really the packaging though, as I think there are other similar masks out there that perform comparably or better.

@itsfi - how cute! Great idea for gifts or stocking stuffers. 

@eshores, very cute, right?! Sephora always does a great job with the holiday packaging for their hand and foot masks. These have been hits as gifts in years past; I'll pick up a few again this year to gift.

PSA: Just noticed that Sephora Collection has come out with a new limited edition sheet mask for the holidays.

EC28E3E8-342C-44AA-929F-CFD7FE175BF1.jpeg

Not sure whether Iโ€™ll pick this up; probably wonโ€™t do so immediately, but that others here may be interested. 
SEPHORA COLLECTION Cinnamon Face Mask Cinnamon 

Thereโ€™s a hand balm in the same scent available too.

@itsfi  I do love cinnamon but not sure I want it on my face. Iโ€™m curious about the scent tho!!

Same @ather, same!! I feel like all the maskers here are feeling the same way about this cinnamon mask. I plan to wait until these products are available in store. I'll go in then to do a smell test of the hand cream. We'll see from there how adventurous I am feeling about cinnamon on my face. 

@itsfi  I'd be curious to know how this one smells! Not sure I'd purchase this one either. Just like the other SC masks, this one has fragrance high on the list and the star ingredient is low - but I'm not so sure I'd like a lot of cinnamon on my face anyway

@Shosh85, yeah. I'm not so sure about cinnamon on my face either, but like you, I'm curious about the scent on it (even though having added fragrance that high up on the INCI list, or just having it at all, seems odd. Have to share that when I first saw the reference to "cinnamon," my brain associated it with being a cinnamon roll mask - associated the scent of it being akin to a cinnamon roll because I know that "cinnamon roll" is not a skincare ingredient ... or, not yet, at least! Hahaha! What do you think? It could be a superfood, right? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Also, looking at the illustrations, I actually thought it might be a spiced latte or cappuccino. I was a little bummed when I realized it was neither. ๐Ÿ™

I'm debating whether to pick this one up; currently leaning on not, but my curiosity may get the better of me. I'm inclined to wait until there's a good sale, maybe post-holidays?

M for Marshmallow, Meience and an Overnight Mask:

A94B06AF-21BF-42EC-A4E1-CA829B265C55.jpeg

Spoiler
The Bliss Mighty Marshmallow mask is about as unobtrusive as it gets; slight ashy scent (similar to CTโ€™s Goddess Mask), smooth application and easy wash-off. This is a repurchase, but I doubt I will go for a third jar. The Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine (with a cake batter-type scent) is one I always have on hand. This feels similar to room-temp butter and has a soft ballet-pink opaque wash of color. This was my go-to prior to discovering Laneige lip masks, and I still like to have a jar or two on hand of this at all times.

The Mediheal Meience Tofu Milk has a clean, fresh scent and a decent fit. It is slightly oversize, but no snipping was necessary. The mask material is a โ€œOEKO-TEX Class 1-certified, triple layer, embossed bamboo sheet,โ€ according to the brandโ€™s site, and it is indeed very comfy. The serum is a milky cream that feels gentle and soothing on the skin. After about 30 minutes, I removed and let my skin absorbs the remaining goodness. After about 15 minutes, my skin still felt pretty sticky, which used to be a bit of a dealbreaker for me, but Iโ€™ve come to terms with tack and now we are friends ๐Ÿ™‚ I would 100% repurchase this one.

Finally,  the Edible Beauty & Sleeping Beauty Purifying Mousse. I found this little gem in the MOTM box, and a big thank you to whomever placed it there! This pale pink, airy mask has Australian Pink Clay and Zeolite (has vitamin A & C, claiming to illuminate & brighten). I pondered whether or not this would be too drying for my normal skin, but instead found it imparting a softened, almost blurred appearance. It reminded me in performance to the Alpyn Calming Midnight Mask. I snuck three uses out of this little packet, and never once found my skin dry or tight in the morning. A love and going on my wish list! Thank you @keana1 for this weekโ€™s challenge, I loved it as did my skin:)

Ingredients:
Spoiler
D1519425-22DE-4AA7-AB3F-0F04D520EA9E.jpeg
8 Replies
testing