Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi  I've wondered about that hair mask! Although I'd love those results, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to handle the scent!

I thought I had that Knit mask, but looks like I have a couple of the gauze ones from the line - sounds like another one I definitely need to pick up! 

@Shosh85, oh goodness, I was not expecting such a strong or lingering scent from that hair mask. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ There may be folks who like it but it was too much for me. All I could think of was "I would be that person in an elevator with the really heavy perfume, but it would be from the hair mask. Ack!" ๐Ÿคฃ I aim to never be that person. ๐Ÿ˜†

Oh, is the Dermatory gauze mask you have the one with a purplish color background on the packaging? I think I picked up one of those. Love gauze-y sheet masks. ๐Ÿ’•

The Lapcos hair masks sounds lovely for when I have a cold and have lost my sense of smell, @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Hahaha! That is a perfect scenario for the mask @eshoe๐Ÿ˜† On the one hand, kudos for the scent lasting a long time, but my goodness, was it a strong scent! Someone's nose will like it; mine did not. 

Loving the sounds of the knit mask!! @itsfi 

@lmaster, itโ€™s such a treat for the skin! โ™ฅ๏ธ

@itsfi  

The knit mask sounds good. It looks so inviting with that knit blanket maybe in your photo. Cozy. The fragrance on that hair mask sounds like a lot; that's too bad.

@missy94612, my dry skin loved the feel and results from the knit mask. โ™ฅ๏ธ Yeah, the fragrance on the hair mask is just too strong for my liking; Iโ€™m sure it could be great for someone else as the results were very good.

@itsfi  Oh, the knit mask sounds really lovely. A comfy blanket on the skin! ๐Ÿ’—

@PrettyPaint, with the weather changes, this cozy blanket for my face worn while bundled up in a cozy blanket for the body was a perfect pairing! โ™ฅ๏ธ

Ooh, the knit mask sounds intriguing @itsfi

@quspork, it was soothing and moisturizing, both very much needed these days! ๐Ÿฅฐ

I had a pumpkin mask I was going to use tonight but I saw a week in October that says pumpkin so I will save it for that week. My skin is extremely dry and irritated probably from the 12+ wearing a mask on planes and in the airports. So I think this one is perfect to use tonight. Iโ€™ve used it before and loved it and tonight is no different. 

9EDC3713-7B8D-4153-9FBA-974CC11D227C.jpeg

โ€ƒ

I feel like itโ€™s a bonus because Iโ€™m also using up a foil which was one of my New Years resolutions that I am failing miserably. 

@ather  I agree, this is a good one! Definitely nice and refreshing! 

@Shosh85  I agree. I used it yesterday too. I was a little nervous since I have completely stripped my skin barrier and everything I put on my face hurts so bad but this actually didnโ€™t hurt my skin. I thought it might be better but I used a light physical exfoliate last night and my skin was soooo sore all night. 

@ather  Awe, I'm glad this one could help soothe!

I have fallen behind on foils too, @ather - you arenโ€™t the only one! Hang in there:)

@eshoe  That makes me feel so much better! I only took foils and DS on my trip which helped me use some up and I made a little goodie bag of samples for my mom as well. But my bags are still full and my box of samples are getting out of hand as well. 

The year isnโ€™t over yet, @ather. Maybe we could do a mini challenge? 30 by the end of the year?

@eshoe  I like that idea!! 

Three months, so ten each @ather. I am going to try!

testing