Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Samtian 

This one looks so cute.

@missy94612 It was!

@Samtian yay for a mask that leaves your skin happy ๐Ÿ™‚

@eshoe Indeed!

@Samtian  These character masks are super cute! Love that this one has a rainbow of fruity ingredients! ๐Ÿฆ„๐ŸŒˆ

@Shosh85 I did too!

Super cute mask!! @Samtian 

@lmaster It is!

@Samtian, this looks like such a fun mask! ๐Ÿ˜ Did the sheet mask come close to resembling the cute illustration on the front of the mask packet? They donโ€™t always go hand in hand but Iโ€™ve found that many of the more recent animal print masks from The Creme Shop to do a better job at it. 

@itsfi It did! I forgot to take a picture though. 

A pineapple duel from last week's fruits and veggies theme. ๐Ÿ

L - fruits - pineapple duel 2.jpg

L - fruits - pineapple duel 1.jpg

tl;dr: These masks matched up pretty evenly for the most part, but the ultimate victor in this duel was the Sephora Collection Clean Face Mask - Pineapple. That said, its performance and results are not particularly standout when compared with other masks on the market in general.

Spoiler
Criteria:avatara Juicy Pineapple Exfoliating MaskSephora Collection Clean Face Mask - PineappleWhich Performed Better?
Purpose / Claim(s):Exfoliating; Pore-cleansingPore-perfecting; SmoothingTie; the claims are essentially the same, just worded differently
Material:TencelEucalyptus derived fiberTie
Adherence:GoodGoodTie
Fit:Standard: overly large around the perimeter; adjustments needed to openings of eyes and mouthStandard: smidge too wide at temples; 1" too long at chin / jawline. Openings for eyes and mouth too narrow; requires adjustment.Tie
Essence:Clear, watery, slightly viscousClear, thin, watery without being runny or drippyTie
Scent:Faint pineapple scent coupled with a smell that made me think of a flame of a Bunsen burner - I know this is very specific and weird but that's what my nose picked up.Pineapple scent, but smells artificial, syntheticSephora Collection
Performance:I felt some tingling on my cheeks for about 1 minute.No tingling or stinging, which is odd, since there are several masks within the SC Clean line where I usually experience tingling.Sephora Collection
Tack / Stickiness after 30-minute wear time:NoneSlight tacky-to-the-touch feeling that eventually dissipatesavatara
Results:Skin feels cool to the touch. Cheeks looked flushed and slightly irritated, as did my forehead, which is odd as that is the toughest part of my face. Skin felt hydrated and, interestingly, cheeks felt slightly more firm.Skin felt smooth, soft and looked more plump and hydrated.Sephora Collection
Repurchase?:No. I did not care for the tingling, short in duration though it was. I also did not care for the noticeable irritation and redness on my cheeks and forehead.Maybe. I find this pineapple version to be one of the better sheet masks from the SC Clean line, but I don't know if the results standout compared to other sheet masks on the market.Sephora Collection

And the victor of this duel is . . . 
Thank you @keana1 for a fun masking theme. 

@itsfi - that doll is adorbs! Love the pairing of the doll and the pineapple too. I've not used a mask sheet from Sephora. This pineapple one sounds pretty good. 

@eshores, thank you! I picked up the plush the last time I was in Hawaii. It's cute and brings back good memories. The Sephora sheet masks are alright. They're worth trying but not necessarily something you need to run out and buy right away. Sephora sometimes has some sets around the holidays as well as promos or sales on these and those are good ways to give these a try.

Mmmmmm, Bunsen burner, @itsfiโ€ฆcanโ€™t say that is a scent I would anticipate or appreciate in a mask! Thank you for the laugh ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@eshoe, it was the first thing that came to mind. Transported me back to high school chem class. lol.

A place no one really wants to go, @itsfi. Makes me want to try this one, though it  suddenly makes me recall dissecting. I wish there were a way to opt out of that class! I think my lab partner did most of the physical work in that one; I am pretty certain I quickly volunteered for the write-up. Bunsen burners = fun because you manage a fire in class. But I agree, not a scent for a mask๐Ÿ˜‚

@itsfi  Great duel! I'm pretty sure the SC pineapple has been my favorite from the brand so far, but like you, I don't think it's anything super impressive ๐Ÿ

That pineapple sure looks delicious!

@Shosh85, I was surprised by the SC pineapple mask; didn't think I'd like it as much as I do. Still though probably not a repurchase unless there's a price drop or a good deal. It does, however, make me want to find more pineapple sheet masks, if only so that I can pair it with fresh pineapple. Nom, nom, nom! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ

Ohhhh sorry you had some redness and irritation!! @itsfi definitely sounds like SC is the winner here

@lmaster, I can't believe it took me so long to try the pineapple mask from the clean collection. ๐Ÿ

This is a wrap up from last weekโ€™s fruit and veg I theme - Pumpkin battle  

Spoiler
so I tried out three pumpkin masks last week - 

The  Purlisse Detox mask is a creamy clay mask. It does smell like pumpkin and clove though itโ€™s not a super sweet smell. It didnโ€™t dry down fully but it did get fairly dry and tight. I did experience some tingling. The exfoliating beads in this one are on the larger side. After, my pores did look slightly refined but my face also felt a bit dry.

I tried the Trader Joeโ€™s pumpkin mask as a wash off mask and an overnight mask. This one has a very light pumpkin scent but does not have that pumpkin pie thing going on. It is a gel like consistency similar to other night masks. As a wash off mask, I felt this was fairly useless. It didnโ€™t really make any difference with 10 minutes on and my face really didnโ€™t feel or look different. As an overnight mask, my face felt nicely hydrated in the morning similar to the glow recipe ones . I will definitely use again that way. 

the PTR one is already a favorite of mine and still the best of the three imo. It smells like pumpkin pie and is a great resurfacing mask that brightens  skin and exfoliates slightly but the beads arenโ€™t too large. I do experience some tingling when it first goes on 

91BE8A62-232F-4962-9DB7-23CF116B701C.jpeg

โ€ƒ

A86295BE-BDCE-4B7A-8622-DC4D5E2C2BDB.jpeg

โ€ƒ

1CEF377D-19FA-4936-883F-B4B2AB84D4FD.jpeg

โ€ƒ

1 Reply
testing