Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Fresh rose petal scents are rare and always welcomed, @itsfi! ๐ŸŒน

@itsfi  These both sound nice! The Power Ringer line seems decent- I have the Honey and Cica ones on my list to buy sometime!

I've never heard of the Isoi mask - I'm not so sure I like the alcohol being that high in the ingredients, but those results sound great!

@Shosh85, I haven't tried all the Elizavecca sheet masks yet, but from what I've used, I can see how they could make a good choice for daily sheet masks. The honey one is one on my list too. ๐Ÿฏ The Isoi one was a first for me as well; the shop where I found it had this one and one featuring Bulgarian rose oil. I shouldn't be, but I am, still surprised when I see a (not-so-skin-friendly) alcohol high up on an INCI list for a sheet mask. I suppose I can understand it more if it were used in a more inexpensive, lower-priced sheet mask, but not in one like this one. 

M is for Milk 

Spoiler
I love Milky Serum masks. This mask is made of super thin soft cotton, the kind that needs that net layer to apply. The fit was slightly large but overall good. 

The scent was a bit odd; like a bit sweet but also kind of grandma-y. I left it in for 20 minutes and it was still super saturated. 

I would say it took about 15 minutes for the serum to fully soak in. After, my skin feels hydrated and plumped. Overall I really like this mask 

C059D59E-4055-4E43-B02C-3B0BA5F29798.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Kim888, masks with milky serums are especially nice this time of the year. I've only tried the hydrating mask from this brand; will have to keep this one in mind.

@Kim888 I remember this one from Facetory , although specifics evade me. The Grandma-y scent makes me think dusty rose.

@Kim888  Oooh, I love milky masks too! The results sound great! I laughed at your "grandma-y scent" comment - I totally know what you mean! Haha! ๐Ÿ˜‚

M is for Miss Spa 

IMG_20210923_110715823.jpg

Big thanks to @eshoe for gifting this lovely to me!!

• white sheet on the thin side 
  • Fit was long at the chin
  • Scent was somewhat light sweet and somewhat vinegar mixed, not noticeable while wearing and I really had to smell a couple times to pick up the scent
  • Wear time was 20 minutes
  • After removing I instantly felt that my skin was much softer and brighter
  • I very much enjoyed the benefits of this mask and will have to purchase a few!!IMG_20210923_110724034.jpg

โ€ƒ

@lmaster 

A good bakuchiol mask is a must!

This was excellent!! @missy94612 waaaayyyyyy better than the new reformulated herbivore 

Ooouuh @lmaster, a bakuchiol mask with good results? Noted.๐Ÿ˜‰ I like seeing bakuchiol within the first 5 ingredients listed too. 

Oh yes!! @itsfi I swear I feel like they should put this serum in a bottle

@lmaster, thatโ€™s always a good sign.

@lmaster  Those results sound great! I haven't tried this one yet, but I do really love the chocolate one from this line!

I'm very close to buying a good supply to have plenty on hand @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜†

Sounds like a great mask @lmaster ! Bakuchoil is such a good ingredient ! 

@Kim888 this was an excellent mask...I may splurge to have plenty on hand

I forgot about this mask, @lmaster! Happy to hear it softened your skin. I need to pick this one up again, too๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

@eshoe have you used this one?? I'm close to saying I like it better than herbivore...

Well Iโ€™m not sure, @lmaster. The OG Herbivore made my skin so pretty the next day, and I loved having it available any night I needed. A sheet mask, well, it just takes more work an I appreciate the ease of a serum some nights๐Ÿ˜‰

Yeah I get that!! @eshoe I'm still going to try the innbeauty slushy serum and see how that one holds up

17 Replies
testing