Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Morning Masking to get up and Glow, Glow, Glow!!πŸ’–

Letter of the Week:  P

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@eshoe  Haha! Your daughters chicken nugget comment cracked me up! πŸ˜‚ Glad to hear it didn't actually have chicken nuggets in it πŸ˜…

I've been so curious about the Topicals brand! That mask definitely sounds like one I'd like to try - will have to try it out! πŸ˜ƒ

From a distance, they do look pretty tasty, @Shosh85! Not sure I would be interested in a chicken nugget sheet mask, though πŸ˜„  

@eshoe, what a fun mix of masks! πŸ˜€ I chuckled at the β€œchicken nuggets” mask - maybe a contender for masks that make you hungry? Lol

Oh yes, the right ones with a generous side of ranch, yum @itsfi πŸ˜‹ Or honey mustard. Or BBQ. And some thin, crispy fries. Hmmmm looks like I am planning my lunch β€˜menu’ for today;)

@eshoe @I agree the volition mask is great! I wish they sold a smaller size though!!! 

glad you like the olio e osso! It’s such a good one but agree the colors can be super deceiving 

All masks should come in DS and FS, @Kim888. Dreams πŸ˜΄πŸ’­

At least the Kale mask was an improvement over the last Raw mask, even if it didn't make it into repurchase territory, @eshoe. But the Topicals mask sounds lovely!

The Kale was an improvement for sure, @quspork. I guess I just have unusually high expectations of veggie masks. If they are great for our body, why not the skin? Better fit would make a significant difference in the experience of many masks. 

And wow-it’s been awhile since a mask was so comfy I almost forgot to remove it! Much better than the Faded serum.

The olio is a lip balm? @eshoe 

It is for lips and cheeks, @lmaster - although it is far too sheer in my opinion for cheeks. Plus the shea butter makes it more balmy, not exactly what I would later over foundation or powder. Lovely balm, though!

Good to know!! Thanks @eshoe πŸ˜Š

Such gorgeous pictures, @eshoe!! These all sound great. The volition mask especially is calling to me. 

Thank you, @haleyvvvv! I have about one use left of the Volition, I picked it up in one of their Mystery bags and am 🀞🏼 they offer it again. 

For this weeks fruit and veggies theme, I went with this cherry mask πŸ’

25E2A95D-DA1D-466C-97EB-A7F6E2129FFF.jpeg

Spoiler

Peripera Sparkling TokTok Time Sheet Mask ~ Cherry Refreshing

Material:

Super thin, possibly tencel?

Serum:

Clear, thin watery. Not much extra in the pouch but the mask was fully saturated.

Scent:

Very light cherry scent - barely noticeable while the mask was on

Fit:

Just a tad long at the chin and a hair too wide at the temples

Wear Time:

Half hour

Tack:

Very light, stuck around for about 10 minutes

Results:

My face looked a little brighter and felt soft and smooth and nicely moisturized  with a little glow

Repurchase?

Yes, for as long as I can anyway. Peripera will no longer be making masks, but I will repurchase pretty much any of them until I can't find them anymore!

@Shosh85 

THis masks looks so refreshing.

@elleb810  It definitely was! They did such a great job with the packaging too! πŸ˜ƒ

So disappointing to see this line go, @Shosh85. Makes the masking session seem almost bittersweet😒

@eshoe  That's just how it goes, the minute you fall in love with something, it gets discontinued! Definitely bittersweet!

@Shosh85, I’m bummed the brand is phasing out its masks. I’ve used the masks from the juice series and the smoothie collection. I haven’t tried any of the ones from this line but saw a couple online the other day. πŸ€” The packaging looks refreshing and the results sound great! πŸ‘πŸΌ 

@itsfi  The smoothie line is my favorite! Peripera has probably been my favorite brand for masks, so you know, of course they're going to stop making them 😒 They always nail the packaging too!

Oh wow, @Shosh85, I didn't realize Peripera was your favorite mask brand. That says a lot about these masks. The smoothie line is great; I've tried most of them, I think - blueberry, avocado and mango. I have pomegranate and lime still to try. 

12 Replies