Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

- Lapothicell Plus Mask and LANEIGE Lip Treatment Balm 0.35 oz/ 10g 

20210913_231121~2.jpg

Spoiler
Microfiber sheet to add moisture and nourishment. 

Ingredients 
Aquaxyl (?) and Safflower oil (almost last) are noted. At least the lemonene is not added. 
Spoiler
20210913_231133~2.jpg
Fit 
Okay-ish. Good width and length except a little long for my chin. Eye holes too small though. 
Spoiler
20210913_231402~2.jpg
Essence 
Semi-thin, clear, aqueous. 
Enough for neck, decollotage, arms, stomach and part of my legs. 
No obvious scent.

Wear Time 
10-20 minutes. I definitely wore for like 30 min. 

Effect 
Felt really nice and hydrating on. When I took it off, most of the serum had been absorbed. My skin wasn't like super hydrated (or maybe just not like "damp"), but it REALLY helped the next steps of my skincare routine absorb. 

Overall Grade 
B+. My skin felt great when wearing the mask. Even if it wasn't like super hydrated on the top layer, the rest of my skincare beautifully absorbed into my skin quickly. Maybe I wore a little long, I'll definitely shorten it next time.

------

Mask from a few days ago that didn't fit into theme 

20210908_233153~2.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler
20210908_233202~2.jpg
20210908_233525~2.jpg
I really like the feel of these Simply When masks but gah the formulas have yet to wow me. This was fine but not great. I think I have 2 or 3 more types, so fingers crossed one of those formulations works better.

The Laneige looks like a little balloon, @haleyvvvv. The Simply When also appears to fit your face well, bonus! I think the biocell line is much better, serum and fit-wise. Have you tried any of those?

I haven't yet, @eshoe , but I have a mixed pack of 5 of them. Their expiration dates are a little further off so I haven't had a chance to try them out yet. I'll have to pull one out soon. 

@haleyvvvv  The L mask sounds really nice. And it sounds like you were able to make great use of all the extra serum!!! 

Thank you, @PrettyPaint!! 

@haleyvvvv, I like knowing that the Lapothicell Plus Mask helps your skincare products absorb better. ๐Ÿ˜ Sorry to hear that the Simply When masks you've used so far are just okay. As for the mask theme, I think it fits this week's themes - you have your L for lackluster  or limonene, the latter of which will also check off the box for the fruit theme. There's also a L for linter. You're completely on theme with this one. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I have hopes for the other Simply When masks I have in my collection (although their expiry dates are further off, so it might be a while til I I get to them). It is just SO rare that I really like the feel of a sheet mask, so maybe I'm also wishful thinking. 

@itsfi thank for fitting my other mask to the theme ๐Ÿ˜

@haleyvvvv, I wish I could remember which of the Simply When masks I really enjoyed. If you like Bemliese / cotton linter as a sheet mask material, you might want to try the sheet masks from INNA Organic - their US site is undergoing some changes, but their products, including a variety set of their sheet masks, can also be found on amazon - maybe amazon Canada carries them too? I really liked the lemon tree oil mask, as well as the frankincense and myrrh masks.

You're welcome. There's usually a way to bring in the letter of the week theme to most sheet masks; it sometimes require a little bit of a stretch but a tie-in can typically be found. ๐Ÿ˜ 

@haleyvvvv  Too bad it didnโ€™t wow you. 

But it was still good, just not great, @ather!! Maybe I'm a harsh grader, but an average filler mask to me is a C, so a B+ is a good score. 

@haleyvvvv  Itโ€™s better to be harsh since thereโ€™s so many masks out there. 

@haleyvvvv sounds like you did feel a little hydration not great but not terrible eh

Yeah it's too bad, because it felt great while on, that it didn't do more, @lmaster 

This is from last week (BIC made me do it) and also fits into this week's fruit theme. 

I was inspired by @eshoe when I read her post about the Garnier mask, so I had to grab one from CVS. There weren't many left, but I'm happy with the one I found in stock! ๐Ÿ™‚

Garnier SkinActive Moisture Bomb Super Hydrating + Replumping (with Hyaluronic Acid and Pomegranate...that's where the fruit comes in):

As I find with most sheet masks, it was a bit large; however, the fabric is soft and kind of stretchy and has cutouts in just the right places to where I could still get it to fit closely to my face. It states to leave on for 15 minutes, but it was so comfortable that I kept it on for a good 30+ minutes. It smelled lightly of pomegranate, and there was a nice amount of extra serum. The results were very nice - my skin felt hydrated and a bit plumped as advertised. What I really liked was that my skin was feeling so refreshed afterwards that I had no desire to add on any moisturizer - it was nice and hydrated with no residual tackiness. Thank @eshoe for posting about this line - I already want to grab another. 

1.jpg2.jpg

@PrettyPaint  I think this is the one I tried, and I do remember liking as well, but it's been awhile so I'm definitely due for a refresher! It's sounds great! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@PrettyPaint  

My dry skin could use that "moisture bomb"! The light pom scent sounds good too. I'll have to look for this one at the store.

@missy94612  I hope you can try it. It's so great to be able to have an easily accessible/drugstore mask with great results!

@PrettyPaint yay I am so happy you were able to snag one! Even better that it turned out to be enjoyable to useโ˜บ๏ธ So far every one I have tried from the moisture bomb line  has been fantastic. I have never tried the Garnier micellar water but itโ€™s on my to-do list as well. The hair masks are great, another BIC made me do it from @itsfi and @Shosh85!

@eshoe @PrettyPaint  Hahaha! The BIC has definitely "made me do it," a few several times. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Happy to hear you guys like the masks too! The Papaya one is my favorite ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@eshoe  Haha @itsfi  and @Shosh85  already "made" me buy the hair mask. Which is also awesome. 

Hahaha @PrettyPaintI donโ€™t usually speak on behalf of others without first getting permission to do so, but Iโ€™m going to go out on a limb and say that @Shosh85 and I are very pleased to know that you like the hair mask! ๐Ÿ˜ Also - 

E1D303A5-28DE-43BB-81AA-54F9FAF79C00.gif

P.S. Going to talk for others and myself again ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜† but I suspect @eshoe, Shosh, myself and others here might want to know if you have a favorite among the Garnier hair masks? 

P.P.S. Shosh is the one who gets all the kudos for the enabling here! She introduced the whole thread to the Garnier hair masks. โ€œThank you Shosh!โ€ ๐Ÿฅฐ

1 Reply
testing