Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Animal Print Masks - Lions 🦁, tigers 🐯, pandas 🐼, and bears 🐻, oh my! None other than the lovely @Shosh85 brings us this smile-worthy challengeπŸ˜„

Letter of the Week:  Q

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

This is from last week (BIC made me do it) and also fits into this week's fruit theme. 

I was inspired by @eshoe when I read her post about the Garnier mask, so I had to grab one from CVS. There weren't many left, but I'm happy with the one I found in stock! πŸ™‚

Garnier SkinActive Moisture Bomb Super Hydrating + Replumping (with Hyaluronic Acid and Pomegranate...that's where the fruit comes in):

As I find with most sheet masks, it was a bit large; however, the fabric is soft and kind of stretchy and has cutouts in just the right places to where I could still get it to fit closely to my face. It states to leave on for 15 minutes, but it was so comfortable that I kept it on for a good 30+ minutes. It smelled lightly of pomegranate, and there was a nice amount of extra serum. The results were very nice - my skin felt hydrated and a bit plumped as advertised. What I really liked was that my skin was feeling so refreshed afterwards that I had no desire to add on any moisturizer - it was nice and hydrated with no residual tackiness. Thank @eshoe for posting about this line - I already want to grab another. 

1.jpg2.jpg

@PrettyPaint  I think this is the one I tried, and I do remember liking as well, but it's been awhile so I'm definitely due for a refresher! It's sounds great! πŸ˜ƒ

@PrettyPaint  

My dry skin could use that "moisture bomb"! The light pom scent sounds good too. I'll have to look for this one at the store.

@missy94612  I hope you can try it. It's so great to be able to have an easily accessible/drugstore mask with great results!

@PrettyPaint yay I am so happy you were able to snag one! Even better that it turned out to be enjoyable to use☺️ So far every one I have tried from the moisture bomb line  has been fantastic. I have never tried the Garnier micellar water but it’s on my to-do list as well. The hair masks are great, another BIC made me do it from @itsfi and @Shosh85!

@eshoe @PrettyPaint  Hahaha! The BIC has definitely "made me do it," a few several times. πŸ˜‚ Happy to hear you guys like the masks too! The Papaya one is my favorite πŸ˜ƒ

@eshoe  Haha @itsfi  and @Shosh85  already "made" me buy the hair mask. Which is also awesome. 

Hahaha @PrettyPaintI don’t usually speak on behalf of others without first getting permission to do so, but I’m going to go out on a limb and say that @Shosh85 and I are very pleased to know that you like the hair mask! 😍 Also - 

E1D303A5-28DE-43BB-81AA-54F9FAF79C00.gif

P.S. Going to talk for others and myself again πŸ˜³πŸ˜† but I suspect @eshoe, Shosh, myself and others here might want to know if you have a favorite among the Garnier hair masks? 

P.P.S. Shosh is the one who gets all the kudos for the enabling here! She introduced the whole thread to the Garnier hair masks. β€œThank you Shosh!” πŸ₯°

@itsfi  Wait, do you all have a favorite? I totally can't remember if there was one that ranked above the others! πŸ™‚ I need to pick some more up, actually. My poor hair has not seen a professional since probably 2019...haha. 

@PrettyPaint, if I'm remembering right, the papaya one gets a good amount of love here. πŸ˜ I *think* it was the first hair mask from the brand that @Shosh85 introduced us to. I've used most but not all of the 'flavors'; the papaya one is the one I've repurchased.

@itsfi  Oh yay, good to know! I think I will be picking another one up soon for my dreadful hair. 

@itsfi Haha! You can totally speak in my behalf! You're right, I'm so happy they like the masks! IπŸ™ŒπŸ˜ƒ

I'd definitely love to know what @PrettyPaint's favorite is!

@Shosh85  @itsfi  I don't think I've tried all of them...but....I think the papaya stands out as my favorite so far. πŸ™‚

Yes, the papaya is my favorite too, @PrettyPaint @itsfi @Shosh85! although I am drowning in hair masks, they seem to multiply when I’m not lookingπŸ˜‚

@eshoe  That's definitely true. And with the containers like this kind where you scoop it out, I don't like to have more than one open at a time

Same with me @PrettyPaint! I'm hitting "pause" on picking up more hair masks until I make my way through a few of the ones that are open and partially used. Well, unless the original Briogeo honey bear hair mask makes a return for the holidays. Hahaha!

@PrettyPaint  I may need to look for this one too and jump on the BIC made me do it!

@ather  Can't wait to hear if you try! Fortunately CVS has so many sales, too, so I'm sure you will be able to get a deal. 

@PrettyPaint  I’m in Canada I don’t think we have CVS here 😭

@ather  Oh that's right! Well maybe London Drugs? πŸ™‚

Sounds like this will be another Bic made me do it for myself πŸ˜† @PrettyPaint 

8 Replies