Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Fruits & Veggies Week  - the lovely @keana1 brings us this deliciously nutritious, good for your skin challenge! πŸ“πŸ‘πŸŒπŸ₯‘πŸ₯¦πŸ†πŸŒ±

Letter of the Week:  L

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@itsfi does sound really nice! 

@lmaster, it was! Then again, it is a propolis mask so we were off to a good start before even opening the packet! πŸ˜‰ πŸ’›πŸ―

This sounds like a great everyday mask, especially nourishing!! @itsfi 

@haleyvvvv, it’s such a comfortable and comforting mask. πŸ’›πŸ―πŸ’›πŸ― Wonderful for this seasonal shift in temperature and weather conditions. I’ve been very happy with several generous samples / gratis that have come with some online Kbeauty purchases. πŸ₯° I don’t think I would have known about this brand otherwise.

Truly K beauty online retailers' sample game is fabulous, @itsfi!! 

@haleyvvvv, they sure know how to entice repeat business. I’ve learned of some great products through the years just from the samples. 

I'd Forgotten about the When masks I have in my collection, so I pulled out one for my Saturday firming mask. 

20210905_002036~2.jpg

Cotton linter Bemliese(?) sheet that purports to help revitalize worn out skin through firming and antioxidant ingredients. 

Ingredients 

Standouts: Sodium hylauronate (4th), Arginine (7th) 

Sadness: While an effect dose could be small, the ingredients called out in the front start at ingredient 10. Lemonene and fragrance (although thankfully last)

Spoiler
20210905_002031~2.jpg

Fit 

Width was good. 

Eye holes good. 

Nose area not great. 

Chin too long and kept falling down. 

Sheet was thin and lovely texture. 

Spoiler
20210905_002356~2.jpg

Essence 

Thin, clear, aqueous. 

A bit extra but not overflowing. Enough to use on my decollotage but not arms.

No real scent. 

Definitely tacky but I mask at night so I don't mind. My neck was still tacky in the morning. 

Wear Time 

10-20 but I left on like 25-30. Sheet was only drying around edges at this time. 

Effect 

On my decollotage my skin was definitely smoother, softer and plumper. On my face it was a little plumper and softer. However that seemed to go away when I added the rest of my nighttime routine. I don't think a single sheet mask can do a lot for firming though. 

Overall Grade 

A solid B/B-. The sheet itself was great. I'm excited to try it with a different formula. The serum would be a great neck serum, not so much the face. 

@haleyvvvv When masks are nice, but the chin flap does seem to be a persistent problem! 

Agreed, @eshoe!! I just used another one and it was the same issue. But other than that it was pretty good fit!!

@haleyvvvv, the Simply When sheet masks are nice. This one does sound like it would make for a fabulous neck serum. I find myself often wishing that brands would bottle the essence / serum from a mask as a standalone product. 

@itsfi I'm really impressed with the sheets themselves!! I have 4 more made on the same type so I'm excited to see how those work!! 

Yes!! There's quite a few mask essences that I would just buy. 

I’ve never seen this version before @haleyvvvv ! 

i agree though, the firming masks are kind of hard to judge because what could happen in one use! It sounds like it was nicely plumping though !

@Kim888 I got it as part of one of their sample packs!! I just checked and it's still a mask they make. 

@haleyvvvv  When makes some great masks! It's been a while since I tried this one, but I remember liking as well! πŸ˜ƒ

I have a few different When masks with later expiration dates in my stash that I'm excited to try, @Shosh85!! 

@haleyvvvv the ingredients sound really good!

Yeah, I just wish some of them were higher up in the ingredient list, @lmaster.

J for a jelly mask...

SNP's Fresh Vita Water Jelly. This one is very jelly-like in consistency (no surprise), and there's a ton of serum. It's a cellulose sheet that adheres very well. It's quite hydrating, though it's a bit sticky/messy. As a result, it's one I'd probably avoid if I had to apply makeup afterwards because it didn't fully sink in and left a bit too much film on my skin than I would prefer. It's a good stay at home/weekend mask, though. 

3.jpg4.jpg

Film seems to be the issue of the day, as I am catching up, @PrettyPaint. Bummer about this one. You sure have a positive attitude; that can sure come in handy when masking!   

@PrettyPaint 

Sticky, messy and too much film definitely sounds like it's better to use this when you don't have anywhere to go.

@missy94612  Oh for sure! I don't think it would be possible to apply foundation over this one.