Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@haleyvvvv 

Oh no! That's too bad that neither of these worked for you. I tried the strawberry mask at itsfi's recommendation and liked it - I have dry skin that gets drier by the day when the weather starts changing so any bit of hydration is welcome. It is strange that strawberry comes after watermelon in the ingredients list.

@missy94612!! I think I'm an anomaly for the Strawberry mask; I'm glad it worked for you!! 

My scale is definitely more of a bell curve; my average, okay filler masks rank as C's/C+'s, so these were both okay. 

@haleyvvvv  Darn for both. I feel like both should have been better. 

Agreed, @ather!! They just needed a little more!!

@haleyvvvv  Too bad about the fit on the kale mask - it's really cute, though. And I love, love kale. I haven't tried the strawberry mask. I think I meant to grab one back when there was a sale, but I must have forgotten to proceed with checkout...haha. Sorry they weren't your favorites!

Oh it's all good, @PrettyPaint!! I'm a wash off mask gal, so for a sheet mask to wow me it's got to be really, really good. I also like to use a bell curve in my grades, so a C+ (okay filler) and a B (would repurchase) is still good.

@haleyvvvv @itsfi I also choose this mask to use as Bic made me do it ๐Ÿ˜† I really enjoyed it, sorry it wasn't an impressive mask for you, I agree with itsfi imo it's one of SC best masks in the line, for my skin

Maybe I just used on the wrong day, when my skin needed extra tlc, @lmaster. I was expecting it to hydrate and calm my skin but maybe it's more of a hydrating filler mask on my skin. I definitely prefer the watermelon one though. 

@haleyvvvv, sorry to hear the strawberry mask didnโ€™t work out for you. For me, itโ€™s one of the better Sephora masks; I find them to be more for hydration than anything. The ingredients list on these definitely could be improved upon. 

I haven't tried a lot of the newer clean masks, but I remember liking the pineapple more. Watermelon is definitely my fave. @itsfi I'm going to test again on a different day when my skin isn't as annoyed, but maybe it makes a better average filler mask (a C is an okay grade!) than a responsive mask for me.

@haleyvvvv, I havenโ€™t used the regular watermelon face mask from the clean line yet, just the after-sun version. I picked it up along with some others from the clean line that I havenโ€™t tried. Will move the watermelon one up in the queue. ๐Ÿ‰ 

Iโ€™m really sorry your skin is annoyed. Grrr!!! I was doing pretty well and then bam! My skin decided to rebel the other day. ๐Ÿ˜” 

Oh, I definitely mean the after sun version!! I just use it not only after the sun, lol. 

My skin is actually doing okay, it was just like one night I left a brightening mask on a little too long for my skin so it was all red and sensitive. It went away by the next morning. I'm sorry your skin decided to rebel, @itsfi!! 

I think it's looks very good to have skincare discussion with useful tips can really make the difference ..

K is for Kokostar ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿง‡

42F4C71D-0E41-4BEF-9E8C-0FAB50944D75.jpeg

Spoiler

Kokostar Waffle Mask ~ Strawberry

Material:

Thick, waffle weaved cotton, that was comfortable and breathable

Serum:

Pink slimy jelly - the consistency was sort of in between thin and thick. There was a lot extra in the pouch

Scent:

Sweet imitation strawberry scent - it was super light and could barely detect it while it was on

Fit:

Just a smidge too wide at the forehead and a little too long at the chin.

Wear Time:

35 minutes

Tack:

Light, but stuck around for about 20 minutes

Results:

Soft and smooth skin that felt nourished and moisturized and had a nice glow.

Repurchase?

Yes, definitely! There really isn't anything I have to complain about with this one, except for maybe the strawberry being so far down in the ingredients list...... I also wouldn't mind the scent being a little stronger ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ“

2FCA3472-2074-4E5A-9FB1-B4B0A354C19D.jpeg

Yum for strawberry scented-masks, @Shosh85! I broke out in a grin reading that you wouldnโ€™t mind if the scent were stronger. I whole-heartedly agree๐Ÿฅฐ

@eshoe  This is such a nice line of masks! Definitely love a good fruity scent! The serum and material were so great too!

@Shosh85  

The packaging is adorable. I think waffles will be in the works tomorrow morning!

@missy94612  Yup, they definitely nailed the packaging - it's actually what lured me in in the first place!

What's your favorite waffle topping?

@Shosh85 

LOVE that question! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Strawberries, chocolate and powdered sugar. Yum! I think I'm going to make waffles for dinner tonight. LOL.

@missy94612  Mmmm, yum! That sounds delicious! ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿง‡๐Ÿ“

@Shosh85  I like the packaging. It just looks yummy and the fact there was it least a little strawberry scent makes it even better! Plus who doesnโ€™t love pink slimy goo 

1 Reply
testing