Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Fruits & Veggies Week  - the lovely @keana1 brings us this deliciously nutritious, good for your skin challenge! πŸ“πŸ‘πŸŒπŸ₯‘πŸ₯¦πŸ†πŸŒ±

Letter of the Week:  L

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@PrettyPaint  

My dry skin could use that "moisture bomb"! The light pom scent sounds good too. I'll have to look for this one at the store.

@PrettyPaint yay I am so happy you were able to snag one! Even better that it turned out to be enjoyable to use☺️ So far every one I have tried from the moisture bomb line  has been fantastic. I have never tried the Garnier micellar water but it’s on my to-do list as well. The hair masks are great, another BIC made me do it from @itsfi and @Shosh85!

@eshoe @PrettyPaint  Hahaha! The BIC has definitely "made me do it," a few several times. πŸ˜‚ Happy to hear you guys like the masks too! The Papaya one is my favorite πŸ˜ƒ

@eshoe  Haha @itsfi  and @Shosh85  already "made" me buy the hair mask. Which is also awesome. 

Hahaha @PrettyPaintI don’t usually speak on behalf of others without first getting permission to do so, but I’m going to go out on a limb and say that @Shosh85 and I are very pleased to know that you like the hair mask! 😍 Also - 

E1D303A5-28DE-43BB-81AA-54F9FAF79C00.gif

P.S. Going to talk for others and myself again πŸ˜³πŸ˜† but I suspect @eshoe, Shosh, myself and others here might want to know if you have a favorite among the Garnier hair masks? 

P.P.S. Shosh is the one who gets all the kudos for the enabling here! She introduced the whole thread to the Garnier hair masks. β€œThank you Shosh!” πŸ₯°

@itsfi Haha! You can totally speak in my behalf! You're right, I'm so happy they like the masks! IπŸ™ŒπŸ˜ƒ

I'd definitely love to know what @PrettyPaint's favorite is!

@PrettyPaint  I may need to look for this one too and jump on the BIC made me do it!

@ather  Can't wait to hear if you try! Fortunately CVS has so many sales, too, so I'm sure you will be able to get a deal. 

@PrettyPaint  I’m in Canada I don’t think we have CVS here 😭

Sounds like this will be another Bic made me do it for myself πŸ˜† @PrettyPaint 

@lmaster I hope you try - I definitely think you will like it! πŸ™‚

@PrettyPaint, the results from this mask sound wonderful! 😍 Hydrated and plump without tack or stickiness? And you felt like you could forego moisturizer? That’s definitely a mask to keep on hand (and for those who haven’t tried it, to look into)!

@itsfi  Yes, I really liked it. And the fabric was really nice and soft which made it so nice to wear.

Ooh, this sounds like a great one, @PrettyPaint!! Nice!! I'll be on the lookout for it!!

@haleyvvvv  Awesome! I hope you get a chance to try it! 

My "K" and "BIC Made Me Do It" from this past week -- edit, I realized after posting that these worked out well for this week's theme too, lol.

‐------- 

BIC Made Me Do It 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Face Mask Strawberry 

20210906_234801~2.jpg

Spoiler
Nourishing and Smoothing on a Eucalyptus derived fiber. 

Ingredients 
Highlights Strawberry πŸ“ extract βœ…, puts Strawberry πŸ“ extract below Watermelon πŸ‰ extract (okay, that's fine) but ALSO fragrance 😀.  Since Clean at Sephora products can only have a small amount of added fragrance, the πŸ“ extract must be teeny. Again something can be active at low concentrations but this feels like false advertising. 
Spoiler
20210906_234811~2.jpg
Fit 
Standard sheet mask on me. Can't Remeber more, I thought I took a picture. 

Essence 
Semi-thin, clear, aqueous. 
Enough for neck, decollotage and arms. A little drippy of a mask. 
Scent was fake sweet, not Strawberry. Dissipated halfway through the mask.  

Wear Time 
As little as 5, but I wore like 25. Still damp. 
Unsure about tack.

Effect 
I left a brightening wash off mask on a little long before using this and I was hoping that it would just like initially calm it. The mask was fine, but no miracle worker. Looking through the ingredient list, I could've guessed that. It turned down my redness a tad and hydrated a bit. 

Overall Grade 
C+/C? I have a few more so I'm going to try on a night when my skin isn't as angry, but I dunno, could've been more nourishing. The ingredient list makes me annoyed though. 

----

"K" is for Kale πŸ₯¬ 

Sweet Chef Kale+Vitamin B mask

20210912_235314~2.jpg

Spoiler
Thick cotton(?) plush mask that hydrates and soothes dry skin.  

Ingredients 
In the top ten are kale extract, panthenol (both the key ingredients) as well as aloe and sodium hylauronate, and cica just outside of the 10. Really good list! 
Spoiler
20210912_235320~2.jpg
Fit 
Like truly terrible. Too long on both ends. Eyes too close together. The nose flaps!! And I put it on inverted πŸ˜‚. The material was heavy, definitely a lay down mask. Texture of material didn't irritate. 
Spoiler
20210912_235458~2.jpg
Essence 
Thick, but not creamy, milky white opaque. 
Mask had a ton of serum but almost none left in package. 
Had a slight scent but couldn't place it. It went away quick. 

Wear Time 
15-20. I wore around 20. Mask was starting to dry at that time. 

Effect 
This hydrated and nourished really well!! I really liked how my skin felt after. 

Overall Grade  
B. I dislike the fit and don't love the mask texture, but the results were really good!! I'd definitely use again, maybe purchase, but I definitely have a soothing mask from mediheal I like a lot more.

@haleyvvvv 

Oh no! That's too bad that neither of these worked for you. I tried the strawberry mask at itsfi's recommendation and liked it - I have dry skin that gets drier by the day when the weather starts changing so any bit of hydration is welcome. It is strange that strawberry comes after watermelon in the ingredients list.

@missy94612!! I think I'm an anomaly for the Strawberry mask; I'm glad it worked for you!! 

My scale is definitely more of a bell curve; my average, okay filler masks rank as C's/C+'s, so these were both okay. 

@haleyvvvv  Darn for both. I feel like both should have been better. 

Agreed, @ather!! They just needed a little more!!

@haleyvvvv  Too bad about the fit on the kale mask - it's really cute, though. And I love, love kale. I haven't tried the strawberry mask. I think I meant to grab one back when there was a sale, but I must have forgotten to proceed with checkout...haha. Sorry they weren't your favorites!

12 Replies