Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Oh boy, @itsfi - the mask sure does sound delightful! And also, the Le Paradis sounds like both balms are deliciously-scented. 

@eshoe, Iโ€™m surprised we donโ€™t see more honey and banana sheet masks. 

Interesting observation, @itsfi - I am too. Or maybe a banana Propolis milk mask? With a soft honeycomb scent. I havenโ€™t decided which material would work best for this. A waffle mask? Comfy like the Etude House Mask? I could easily agree with almost any one!

@eshoe, I did some digging and from what I found on the internet, South Korea imports bananas ๐ŸŒ from a few Latin American countries because the climate in South Korea is too cold for growing bananas. If that is the case, maybe itโ€™s too costly to source banana extract for sheet masks for the amount of sales that brands think they expect to generate from a honey and banana sheet mask? 

Thatโ€™s an interesting deduction, @itsfi. It makes sense, unfortunately. Which also makes me wonder what other ingredients out there might not be included due to sourcing costs๐Ÿค” I immediately thought of avocados, but then read those grow well in Southeast Asia. Iโ€™ve never really considered this aspect of masking!

@eshoe, itโ€™s interesting too because bananas can be / are grown in other Southeast Asian countries. There may be other regulations or other factors that make it more cost prohibitive to import the fruit from those countries. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ 

From what (little) I have read, @itsfi, they are even thought to have originated in Southeast Asia. My money is on money; maybe other crops are just more profitable.

@itsfi 

Honey and banana sound great.

@missy94612, they make a great combo for sheet masks! ๐Ÿฏ ๐ŸŒ 

@itsfi  Love that the sheet mask comes in different sizes! It's too bad it's not a dupe for the Secret Key mask, but it still sounds great! I'd love to find a dupe for the Secret Key mask too! ๐Ÿฏ๐ŸŒ

@Shosh85, I never would have thought a brand would make the same sheet mask in different sizes. Itโ€™s a great idea. ๐Ÿ˜ 

Yeah, if I can find a dupe for the Secret Key mask and the Too Cool For School Coconut Ceramide one, Iโ€™d be one happy little masker! 

Oh wow @itsfi @Iโ€™ve never seen a mask come in different sizes!!! 

sounds like it was super awesome! Banana is such a yummy smell 

IKR, @Kim888! I had to do a double take when it asked me to pick a size. The brand puts out one other sheet mask - lavender pearl - but as far as I can tell, it is only offered in one size. 

is for Kale:

Take this with a grain of salt because I'm not a big sheet-mask person but I wasn't a fan of this.  It was LOADED with a really thick--dare i say "slimy"?---serum and the smell definitely wasn't pleasant.  The fit wasn't great, either, and overall I didn't feel like it really provided any kind of benefit from using it.  

20210907_184908.jpg20210907_184915.jpg

@CookieGirl1 sorry this mask didn't impress you

โ€œI'm not a big sheet-mask person.โ€

@CookieGirl1 this mask is big on everyone ๐Ÿ˜„ I donโ€™t think you are alone in your analysis of this one. I tried all three (Beet and Ginger are the other two I think?). They all fit the same, sadly.

@eshoe good to know! I felt like this one was a major fail.

@CookieGirl1  Sorry to hear you didn't like this one. These masks aren't my favorite either.... they all have a bad fit and strange scents.

@Shosh85 thankfully it's the only one of those that i had ๐Ÿ™‚

@CookieGirl1, sorry this one didn't work out for you. You don't have to be a big sheet mask person to know whether a mask is a hit for you and it sounds like this one just wasn't a good match for what you were looking for; that's too bad. The good news is that there are plenty of sheet masks out there ... if you wanted to use another sheet mask, that is. ๐Ÿ˜† You have me intrigued by the not pleasant scent. Did it smell like kale? 

@itsfi strangely enough, it wasn't necessarily what I'd call a "green" scent (if you know what I mean) and I'm honestly not sure what it DID smell like.  Slightly herbal but more something that I couldn't identify.

3 Replies
testing