Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@haleyvvvv, itโ€™s such a comfortable and comforting mask. ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ Wonderful for this seasonal shift in temperature and weather conditions. Iโ€™ve been very happy with several generous samples / gratis that have come with some online Kbeauty purchases. ๐Ÿฅฐ I donโ€™t think I would have known about this brand otherwise.

Truly K beauty online retailers' sample game is fabulous, @itsfi!! 

@haleyvvvv, they sure know how to entice repeat business. Iโ€™ve learned of some great products through the years just from the samples. 

I'd Forgotten about the When masks I have in my collection, so I pulled out one for my Saturday firming mask. 

20210905_002036~2.jpg

Cotton linter Bemliese(?) sheet that purports to help revitalize worn out skin through firming and antioxidant ingredients. 

Ingredients 

Standouts: Sodium hylauronate (4th), Arginine (7th) 

Sadness: While an effect dose could be small, the ingredients called out in the front start at ingredient 10. Lemonene and fragrance (although thankfully last)

Spoiler
20210905_002031~2.jpg

Fit 

Width was good. 

Eye holes good. 

Nose area not great. 

Chin too long and kept falling down. 

Sheet was thin and lovely texture. 

Spoiler
20210905_002356~2.jpg

Essence 

Thin, clear, aqueous. 

A bit extra but not overflowing. Enough to use on my decollotage but not arms.

No real scent. 

Definitely tacky but I mask at night so I don't mind. My neck was still tacky in the morning. 

Wear Time 

10-20 but I left on like 25-30. Sheet was only drying around edges at this time. 

Effect 

On my decollotage my skin was definitely smoother, softer and plumper. On my face it was a little plumper and softer. However that seemed to go away when I added the rest of my nighttime routine. I don't think a single sheet mask can do a lot for firming though. 

Overall Grade 

A solid B/B-. The sheet itself was great. I'm excited to try it with a different formula. The serum would be a great neck serum, not so much the face. 

@haleyvvvv When masks are nice, but the chin flap does seem to be a persistent problem! 

Agreed, @eshoe!! I just used another one and it was the same issue. But other than that it was pretty good fit!!

@haleyvvvv, the Simply When sheet masks are nice. This one does sound like it would make for a fabulous neck serum. I find myself often wishing that brands would bottle the essence / serum from a mask as a standalone product. 

@itsfi I'm really impressed with the sheets themselves!! I have 4 more made on the same type so I'm excited to see how those work!! 

Yes!! There's quite a few mask essences that I would just buy. 

Iโ€™ve never seen this version before @haleyvvvv ! 

i agree though, the firming masks are kind of hard to judge because what could happen in one use! It sounds like it was nicely plumping though !

@Kim888 I got it as part of one of their sample packs!! I just checked and it's still a mask they make. 

@haleyvvvv  When makes some great masks! It's been a while since I tried this one, but I remember liking as well! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I have a few different When masks with later expiration dates in my stash that I'm excited to try, @Shosh85!! 

@haleyvvvv the ingredients sound really good!

Yeah, I just wish some of them were higher up in the ingredient list, @lmaster.

J for a jelly mask...

SNP's Fresh Vita Water Jelly. This one is very jelly-like in consistency (no surprise), and there's a ton of serum. It's a cellulose sheet that adheres very well. It's quite hydrating, though it's a bit sticky/messy. As a result, it's one I'd probably avoid if I had to apply makeup afterwards because it didn't fully sink in and left a bit too much film on my skin than I would prefer. It's a good stay at home/weekend mask, though. 

3.jpg4.jpg

@PrettyPaint - the drawing looks refreshing; it's too bad about all that film that it leaves.

Film seems to be the issue of the day, as I am catching up, @PrettyPaint. Bummer about this one. You sure have a positive attitude; that can sure come in handy when masking!   

@PrettyPaint 

Sticky, messy and too much film definitely sounds like it's better to use this when you don't have anywhere to go.

@missy94612  Oh for sure! I don't think it would be possible to apply foundation over this one. 

@PrettyPaint  The one I tried from this line was pretty decent as well! The picture on ir really makes me crave a smoothie ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿซ๐ŸŒ๐Ÿฏ

@Shosh85  Oooh a smoothie sounds so good. 

testing