Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

I is for INNBeauty Project 

I - INNBeauty Face Time.jpg

Spoiler
Well, this one took me by surprise, in a good way!

The two parts that make up the InnBeauty Project Face Time 2-Part Magic-Melting Mask are (i) a clear, thick, sticky, gelatinous and unscented plant based serum and (ii) a 2-piece "thread mask" (see spoiler for photos), with one side having a glossy effect to it. 

Per the instructions, (1) you first apply half of the serum to a clean face, avoiding the brows (this is very important!), then (2) place the mask over your face, with the glossy side against the skin, then (3) apply the remaining serum atop the thread mask and (4) wait until the mask is completely dry at which time (5) you remove the mask. 

The eye holes on this one were a mess to deal with, especially with it sandwiched between two layers of the sticky serum. My suggestion is to make the necessary incisions / adjustments before applying the first half of the serum to the face. 

The mask claims to even tone, brighten, tighten and smooth skin texture and shrink pores. I'm not sure about it evening my skin tone (I've never fully understood what that means when it comes to sheet masks), but the results were on point with the rest of its claims. This is like one giant Biore strip for the entire face (except for the brows) - I was seriously wow'ed by how soft and smooth my skin felt and impressed with the brightness in my complexion and clearer pores. I'll repurchase more after I've gone through the remaining few I already have. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I've been very pleased with the products from InnBeauty that I've tried so far and this sheet mask is no exception. It's currently only available direct through the InnBeauty site - and it's on sale for more than 50% off ($20 for a pack of 8). I'm not sure whether this highly discounted price signals that it's being discontinued - I've emailed the brand and will see what they have to say (will update this post when I hear back). I really hope it's not another good mask that's being discontinued. If it's still part of the brand's lineup, would love to see it at Sephora in the future. @TeamBIC  

ETA: Whoops. Forgot to include photo of the mask material. This is what it looks like after removal. It feels like paper when taken out of the packet.
I - InnBeauty thread mask.jpg

@itsfi  I've purchased a few products from the brand, but wasn't aware they had a sheet mask! This one sounds wonderful! Would love if they sold it at Sephora - hopefully it's not being discontinued! 

@Shosh85, I had no idea either. Thatโ€™s what I get for โ€œbrowsingโ€ their site. ๐Ÿคฃ I hope they are not discontinuing these sheet masks. I stumble on discontinued or to-be-discontinued sheet masks more often than I like. At least there are plenty of other sheet masks out there. ๐Ÿ˜† 

Ooooh this sounds like Babyfacial in a sheet mask, @itsfi ๐Ÿคฉ and also like a great sale. Tonight will be for cart-building.

Oooh @eshoe, cart building? A fun but potentially dangerous sport!! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜† It's too bad it's not an Olympic sport. I like their Slushy moisturizer serum and lip oils. If my memory is right, I think @Shosh85 picked up one of their serums earlier this year. Nice to see part of their collection available at Sephora.

I'm a little iffy at times on "interactive" or multi-step mask packs (though they can be great for travel when you find one with a good combination of products). This INNBeauty mask was a great surprise. Soft, smooth skin! It lifts stuff like a Biore strip would, but in a different way that the B:VID mask I used a couple of months back. It has a similar result to the Babyfacial like you said, but without the prominent burn/tingle Babyfacial is known for.

Yes I have a feeling this weekend might include a little online browsing, @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

As far as the bakuchiol in it, I am curious to know how do you feel it performed. I am going to give it a try, because I am still searching for that *one* that brings as much skin-smoothing joy as the original Herbivore. Sigh๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

@eshoe, ohhhh, the original Bakuchiol. ๐Ÿ˜ A case study for so many things for companies, not just beauty brands, to consider when bringing back a discontinued product after customer request and handling reformulation ... mistakes. 

As for the INNBeauty moisturizing serum, it's hard to say what effects are the direct results of the bakuchiol in the product. My skin in general feels smooth and looks brighter when using it. I haven't incorporated another bakuchiol product into my routine since finishing the bottle a week and a half ago. I've not noticed too drastic a change in my complexion since then but I'm not sure enough time has passed to expect a very noticeable difference from no longer having Slushy in my routine. That said, my skin does feel a bit less bouncy and firm in certain areas - cheeks and undereye - since I finished the bottle. 

I hear ya on finding the "one" - it seems so elusive. I have a couple of bakuchiol products in the queue to put to use; hoping perhaps one of those will be a good (or an even better) substitute for the original bakuchiol. I would / will repurchase Slushy - I'm just trying to get through a couple other bakuchiol - based products first. Or to at least give those a good try to see how they perform. I will let you know if I notice a difference in my skin when I bring those into my routine.

Have you found any good candidates or contenders for replacing the original bakuchiol? @lmaster I believe was also interested in finding a good Bakuchiol product.

@itsfi I think your description of the โ€˜before/afterโ€™ of the Slushy was right on. At least with the Herbivore, I did notice my skin the day after using it. As in, while running through my am skincare routine, paid closer attention with significant interest to the areas of my face that benefited most from it. @lmaster I have tried a few other products, but one I have repurchased is the Alpyn Melatonin/Wild Dandelion Mask (cannot tag). With the Alpyn, the biggest difference I notice is when compounding one product in top of another, like the Melt Moisturizer + Mask. I didnโ€™t notice much from the The INKEY List Bakuchiol Retinol Alternative Moisturizer 1 oz/ 30 mL, and while the Burtโ€™s Bees version is decent and enjoyable to use, I donโ€™t see much there, either. I am still working through my Mahalo Phyto-Retinol serum, and while that also is a treat to use, and my skin does appear rejuvenated the next day, it just isnโ€™t the same โ€˜๐Ÿคฉโ€™ that the Herbivore gave me. There are plenty more to try; currently I am using the Josie Maran Argan Beta Retinol Pink Algae Serum 0.85 oz/ 25 mL as an alternative and it hasnโ€™t irritated my skin. I keep searching for a golden replacement only because the original was that good

@eshoe thank you for your feedback!!

Youโ€™re welcome, @lmaster. If you find a miracle worker like the original Herbivore, please share - my skin thanks youโ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผโค๏ธ

@eshoe I definitely will!!

@itsfi I have not looked into anything else other than OLEHENRIKSEN Glow Cycle Retin-ALT Power Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL that I have in my loves list to try, have you given that a go yet?

@lmaster, I tried a DS promo size of that OH Bakuchiol serum. The ingredients list is pretty good. It does contain AHAs (glycolic and lactic acids) so I had to be very mindful and cautious when to use the OH serum to keep from over-exfoliating my skin since I had AHAs and BHAs in my skincare routine. For me, I needed a Bakuchiol product formulated without AHAs or BHAs, or at least ones in lower concentrations than contained in the OH bakuchiol serum. 

If your skin can tolerate more AHAs and BHAs in your routine, the OH Bakuchiol serum you have (and/or the OH Bakuchiol cream (which also contains glycolic and salicylic acid in it) that launched at the same time, may work better for you than me. 
@eshoe 

@itsfi thank you for your thoughts!! Greatly appreciated

@lmaster @itsfi oh yes, I forgot about this one! Another serum that was definitely enjoyable to use thanks to the fruity scent and violet hue, but I didnโ€™t notice an overall change to my skin tone while using it. Would probably repurchase much like their Truth Serum just for its scent!

@eshoe and the search continues ๐Ÿ™„

I donโ€™t think it is going to end anytime soon, @lmaster ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

J is for Jigott

2871BD73-79AB-4765-BE27-D629D481188B.jpeg

Spoiler

Jigott Real Ampoule Mask ~ Aloe

Material:

Thin - medium, sort of gauzy cotton

Serum:

Clear, thin, watery. A little extra in the pouch

Scent:

Aloe - it was light and refreshing

Fit:

A little too long at the chin. The adherence was good, but the extra length at the chin needed some occasional re-patting

Wear Time:

Half hour

Tack:

None

Results:

My skin tone looked more even and my face felt soft and smooth and lightly hydrated

Repurchase?

I think I would, especially because these are pretty inexpensive. It's a great aloe mask, and perfect for summertime. It has some great ingredients as well (it wouldn't let load the ingredients pic;) besides aloe it also has sodium hyaluronate, green tea extract, honey extract and snail secretion filtrate. So far it's my favorite I've tried from the line.

@Shosh85 - I love aloe; good for soothing and calming the skin.

There's something about the name jigott that makes me smile!! Glad it worked out good for you @Shosh85 

@lmaster  Haha! Yup, I know what you mean! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

16 Replies
testing