Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe, oh yes, if your hair prefers the thicker hair masks, there are other ones out there youโ€™d like more. So many hair masks to be tested. Ha! ๐Ÿ˜† 

Thank you for the tag and review @itsfi ! Itโ€™s always concerning when they mess with a favorite!! Glad to hear it performed in a similar manner, but I do really love that original honey scent !!!

@Kim888, I hear that! ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿผ

I wasnโ€™t expecting that a vegan version of a honey based product ๐Ÿฏ would be the same; the results are not too far off but I really do prefer the original, for its scent and results. Will be savoring the last of the original honey mask I have on hand. 

Thank you so much @itsfi I absolutely appreciate your honest opinion on these, looks like the original is the one!! Do you think they will bring it back?

@lmaster, itโ€™s really hard to beat the original honey bear mask. ๐Ÿฅฐ I feel like the intro of a vegan version of the mask makes it less likely that they would bring back the original, at least on a permanent basis. If rereleasing it isnโ€™t an option the brand wants to pursue, I do hope they would bring the original back for special occasions or in a set for the holidays. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ 

@itsfi. Thank you for thinking of me. I may like this scent.

@Ispend2much6, youโ€™re welcome. ๐Ÿ˜€ Itโ€™s definitely a different scent than the original and a lot lighter too. 

@itsfi @Thank you so much for the tag 

@SportyGirly125, youโ€™re welcome. ๐Ÿ˜€

Thank you so much @itsfi! I think I will pass on the new version, hopefully they will rerelease the original at some point. 

@faeriegirl, I would love it if they rereleased the original. ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿฏ Iโ€™m inclined to think thatโ€™s more wishful thinking on our part now that they have this new vegan version, limited edition though it may be for the time being. Iโ€™d be happy too if they just released the original occasionally, like in the past, for the holidays, etc. If that were to happen, I would definitely stock up. ๐Ÿ› 

Wow @@itsfi , this is such a thorough review.   can't believe it's still LE, though.. I'll probably get it, but I'm miffed about the scent change.  Also the price point, last year was $2 less and came with two masks, eh ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ

Thank you @danielledanielle! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Iโ€™m bummed about the scent change too. The scent on the original is one of those that is very distinctive, in a good way. Not sure whether the brand plans to discontinue the original with the intro of the new vegan formulation. I personally would like for them to keep the original. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ Even if itโ€™s bringing it back on occasion, like in a holiday set, as they have in the past. If you do end up getting the new vegan version, Iโ€™d love to get your take on it.

I is for illuminating 

Spoiler
I could not resist trying this after seeing @itsfi post a review, even though it was a bad one. Itโ€™s just such a weird concept for a mask 

the mask itself was a bit large and had a pleasant sort of medicine floral scent. I could see it being a love or hate it scent - it definitely reminded me of something but I couldnโ€™t put my finger on it. 

I put the mask on and pressed the points as instructed and then left it in for 15 minutes. 

I would agree that this was kind of just a gimmick. My skin did feel hydrated and not tacky after so it wasnโ€™t a total dud, but those pressure points did not do anything. 

3964B997-2F5A-45D6-8F6C-67563308701F.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Kim888  Darn for gimmick masks. Always sucking us in. 

@Kim888 taking one for the team!! ๐Ÿ˜† The pressure points are so interesting though, I totally get it!! Did you press on them at all while wearing it?

@lmaster The instructions said to press them when I put it on and then again before taking it off. It wasn't unpleasant or anything, it just didn't really seem to do anything. 

I know pressure points in the face have some part in relieving stress @Kim888 or something... Now I can't remember exactly 

@Kim888, sorry the pressure points on this one didn't work out for you either. The concept is interesting and makes you curious; it's too bad it didn't pass muster. One of the rare occasions when Mediheal missed the mark.

FE1E5518-73B5-4346-BC9F-A8A8130BBCC4.jpeg

โ€ƒyou guys MUST get into this mask. The light exfoliation properties and the enzymes in this mask slowly breakdown all of the dead skin and rough patches on your face. Itโ€™s almost like a resurfacing treatment all within only 2 minutes !

@Bparker73  I've been curious about this one! Happy to hear it works great for you!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

1 Reply
testing