Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

***2022 Mask of the Week Challenge***

Open for input and suggestionsπŸ‘‡πŸΌ

Spoiler

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Animal Print Masks - Lions 🦁, tigers 🐯, pandas 🐼, and bears 🐻, oh my! None other than the lovely @Shosh85 brings us this smile-worthy challengeπŸ˜„

Letter of the Week:  Q

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@eshoe  Those Holika Holika Tea masks are fun! The Camomile is the only one I haven't tried yet - it sounds nice!

I have the Watermelon Vitamasques mask, but haven't tried it yet - I'm super curious about the scent now! I would've hoped for Watermelon, but fruity/berry isn't so bad either πŸ˜‰

You know, @Shosh85 - you  are right. Fruity isn’t bad at all. It’s just like when you take a sip out of a glass expecting water, but instead it is milkπŸ€ͺ🧐 

@eshoe  

The chamomile mask looks fun.

It was, @missy94612. But I am still curious how well a regular tea bag would work if I slipped it into an opened mask packetπŸ€”

@eshoe  

Do you think you'll try that? Would be interesting to see if you got the same results, wouldn't it?

@missy94612I have a pound of hibiscus petals that I ordered in error, and I do intend to steep them in a mask. Time to figure out if that will be a DIY or just placing it into a generously-soaked sheet mask packetπŸ˜‰

@eshoe  

A pound? Oh, I hope you or someone in your house likes hibiscus tea. lol.

Well I think I can use some portion for masks, @missy94612 - based on my experience☺️

@eshoe  The langeine gummy bear scent is to die for!! The watermelon mask sounds lovely!

@ather the lip mask reminds me of children’s ibuprofen πŸ˜‚ I enjoy the longevity but am really eyeing the LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Peach Iced Tea

@eshoe  Oh no. I totally can get that now that you said that. I believe @lmaster  tried the peach tea one. 

Yep @ather @lmaster , now that I have officially finished my LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Original, I am on the clock as the gummy one only has around two years left!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

@eshoe  😝 might need a back up!!! I actually like mini versions of lip masks and eye creams because for some reason they take me so long to finish and I end up throwing them out most of the time!

@ather @eshoe oh yes!!! It's so so so good

I am going to be trying it, @lmaster - hopefully sooner rather than later;)

@eshoe, I didn’t see anything in the INCI list to suggest a fruity-berry scent other than added fragrance and that just makes me wonder why the brand didn’t go for a fragrance that smelled fruity like a watermelon πŸ‰ instead?! πŸ˜† Nice to hear it was a good mask for you even if it’s not a favorite.

Have you tried this one yet, @itsfi? I tried a few different angles with the scents, but only came up with fruity. Which…I will totally take over floral! It wasn’t bad at all; fun, just not what I expected based on my first (and most amazingly fruit-basket-upset-scented) mask. Learning how to find more to love than dislike over the course of masking helps me to love it more in general. So fruity works sometimes, and that is okπŸ˜‰

@eshoe, I thought I had, but now I think I must have confused it with the avatara watermelon sheet mask. πŸ‰ The Target store closest to me carries both brands and I picked up one of each from both avatara and Vitamasques, or at least, one of each from the ones the store had in stock. πŸ˜‰

Ahh, that makes sense, @itsfi. At my Target they are all grouped together, and they all look equally appealing, which makes it so hard to make a decision. 

@eshoe those tea masks are fun! Interesting about the scent on the watermelon mask, although it still sounds fabulous

Yes they are @lmaster! And I have learned that sometimes no reaction is the best one of all;)

1 Reply