Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

This week and last week's masking, the hubs and I went with some of the Fresh masks from this mini set that I picked up to sample. Most of these are left on for 5 minutes are less, which is really great. We used the firming one for "F" week and the umbrian clay and rose face masks for 5 minutes each for "5 minutes and under". Maybe a "G" too this week for the masks being good ones. ๐Ÿ™‚

missy94612_0-1629069958046.pngmissy94612_1-1629070000711.png

@missy94612  Canโ€™t go wrong with Fresh masks!!! I love that your hubs likes to mask too!

Fresh does make some great masks, @missy94612! I really enjoy the rose one. 

What a great set to try, @missy94612! Kudos to your husband for trying; mine has donned a sheet mask twice but wonโ€™t give wash-off masks a chance. 

@missy94612  Oh, what a great set! The Black Tea and Umbrian Clay masks are favorites of mine! Glad to hear you both enjoyed them! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@missy94612  Wow, that is such an awesome little set! ๐Ÿ™‚

@missy94612, sets like this Fresh one are a great way to try out products. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Thereโ€™s a generous amount of products in the jars. Occasionally, Iโ€™ll use the Fresh Umbrian Clay mask as a cleanser; I think I learned that here from @GG84

@itsfi 

I love the Fresh one was a cleanser!!!! ๐Ÿค๐Ÿค

What a perfect mask kit! @missy94612 

The last of last week's mask (F for Frudia) but it can easily slot into this week's letter of the week theme as well with a G for gastropod, a fitting lead-in for this week's masks. If I'm remembering right, @sonnydee first talked about this mask. ๐ŸŒ

F - Frudia.jpg

The 411:

Spoiler
All about Frudia Royal de Snail Green Mask:
๐ŸŒ Claims: calming, soothing and moisturizing
๐ŸŒ Material: soft, thin, cotton sheet
๐ŸŒ Essence: clear, thin, watery but not runny
๐ŸŒ Scent: refreshing, subtly of lotion
๐ŸŒ Viscosity: Light
๐ŸŒ Adherence: good
๐ŸŒ Fit: better than most sheet masks - just a smidge too wide at temples; 1" - 1-1/2" too long at chin and jawline; adjustments needed to bottom corners of inner eye area
๐ŸŒ Tack: faintest tack after 30 minutes of wear and pressing excess essence into the skin to help with absorption
๐ŸŒ Results: hydrated, moisturized skin 
๐ŸŒ Best suited for: all skin types; good every day mask, but I would consider this more than just a filler mask, maybe filler+ (filler-plus?) 
๐ŸŒ Repurchase?: Yes, a nice snail mask to have on hand, but not a "must have"

There are two other sheet masks in this line - one with caviar and gold extracts (black packet) and one with red ginseng extract and collagen (red packet). I've not tried either but have them both one of my lists. Has anyone tried either of the other sheet masks in this collection? 

This line always looks so fancy with the packaging, @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜† I do wonder if the ginseng is nice. The ingredients on that one look pretty good. 

@quspork, I am interested in the ginseng one as well. I will have to see if I have notes on where I picked up this snail one; I want to say it was at a local boutique and if thatโ€™s the case, I may stop by and see if they also carry the ginseng variety the next time Iโ€™m in that neighborhood. ๐Ÿค” 

@itsfi I haven't seen this one before. I mainly just associate the brand with the fruit masks. It looks pretty nice! 

@PrettyPaint, same with me until I saw this mask on this thread. I rarely pass on an opportunity to try a snail mask; this one was pretty good. 

@itsfi I've not tried this one, sounds great! 

@lmaster, itโ€™s a nice one. Itโ€™s been on my list for a while so I was glad to have a chance to try it out. 

@itsfi  

Your photo is really nice.Something very calming about it. 

@elleb810, thank you. The mask was calming too. ๐Ÿ˜€ Sheet masking in general can be for me, most of the time. 

I dont have my spreadsheet handy but wanted to pop on to thank whichever lovely sent me this mask.

20210813_200446.jpg

โ€ƒ

20210813_200455.jpg

โ€ƒ

The fit

Spoiler
20210813_201524.jpg

โ€ƒ

TMI

Spoiler
My nose has been a faucet. There were a few other times I've been sick and I've forgotten I had this. I remembered and what can I say, I can breathe. Thank you!

Good fit, lives up to the name, comfy, I'm a happy camper.

It's been a million years and hope everyone is doing well!

Hope you're feeling better, @ShortErica!

Thanks @quspork, I am. ๐Ÿ˜Š

8 Replies
testing