Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Morning masking. The Missha madecassoside mask was extremely hydrating. Left my skin a bit too tacky that I dabbed it off. I did leave it on a bit too long. It smelled awesome and was very cooling and relaxing. Again, the smell was awesome, canโ€™t place the scent beyond relaxing. Didnโ€™t linger after removal. 

Again with the eye masks. I had a rough few weeks staring at a screen and it took a toll. These are the bestest.

E6D42DF4-DFFD-441E-8E8A-7DCC312D2D0A.jpeg

โ€ƒ

AB3BC9F4-BCDB-4873-A738-80DFADB0FB8B.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Awww this is such a cute photo, @Weetart!  

@Weetart you look so cute!! 

@Weetart  I haven't tried this one, but I have tried a couple others from this line and loved them! Have you tried the A'pieu  Madecassoside mask? That one's pretty great too! Glad to hear this was a hit for you! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Weetart  

Those eye patches are amazing!

@elleb810  Definitely agree! 

@Weetart Ooh that one sounds nice. 

@Weetart, I havenโ€™t tried the madecassoside  version of that mask but am making a note to do so. โ€œExtremely hydratingโ€ with โ€œa scent beyond relaxingโ€ sounds fantastic to me! ๐Ÿ˜

21C70E22-95F1-49F8-A824-6DBB8FA0A427.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Morning masking. The Murad is a basic part of my rotation. When this is done I think Iโ€™m going to search out a possible cheaper option for my sulfur needs. But this works so well, sooo. Sigh. Has anyone tried the PTR sulfur mask? It is expensive but those jars take forever to get through.

I like the Benton Bee mask better than this Missha one. But no real complaints over all.

No review needs for the Skyn eyes. Of course they are awesome. 

@Weetart I most definitely need to try that Benton mask. I love their High Content Snail Bee Essence and eye cream. 

@Weetart  Those under eye masks are the best!!! Iโ€™ve never tried that murad sulphur mask but it sounds like itโ€™s one of your loves!!

@ather  yeah the Murad mask was pretty much life changer. I use it 3 times a week and Iโ€™ve found myself leaving others off to the wayside. Sooo, I want to make an effort to use them more so I can use them up. But keep not finding the right time to do so. 

@Shosh85 @itsfi Yeah, for sure on Benton. I also found their Snail Bee Ultimate Serum works well for me. It's basically my moisterizer in combination with various mists.

@Weetart  I've been wanting to try both the Missha and Benton masks - not surprised you prefer the Benton one more! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Weetart sounds really good! 

@Weetart, I hear ya - when it comes to bee sheet masks, the Benton one is hard to beat. ๐Ÿ

I tried this 2 step mask from Mediheal tonight. It fit well and I kept it on for 15 minutes.  It felt refreshing and soothing so storing it in the refrigerator was definitely the right move. There was a very generous amount of serum included. The claims are brightening and hydrating. I canโ€™t speak too much of the hydrating aspect of it but I definitely noticed my skin looked brighter after. I have a few more of these masks to use before I decide if I would purchase it. My friendโ€™s mother is visiting from Korea and brought us a bunch of goodies so I have some to work through in the meantime. 

6FE49E29-417F-4674-A629-756251F6335C.jpeg

โ€ƒ

DA7D27D3-48A6-4276-80CA-E6F27C527838.jpeg

This is a solid line, @mishanyc! How lucky, too, that your Motherโ€™s friend brought a few masks to share! 

@eshoe Tell me about it.  She's always so generous with the goods. I have a few more I'm excited to try. Just trying to find the time ๐Ÿ˜Š

@mishanyc  

This looks like a nice on.

@mishanyc  Canโ€™t go wrong with any mediheal masks!

testing