Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: The Best Deal vs. The Beat Money Can Buy πŸ’Έ

Letter of the Week:  N

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@lmaster, I only learned about golden kiwi fruit a year or two ago and had never seen a sheet mask with it so I had to pick this one up when I saw it. 

@itsfi  Hmm, interesting description of the material- haven't heard that before. πŸ€” Sounds like a decent filler mask πŸ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, yeah, I'm not sure if it's actually a different kind of sheet mask material or if it's a marketing thing. I'm leaning towards the latter. Yep, definitely a filler mask.

@itsfi  

I didn't even know there was a different type of kiwi; it sounds pretty good.

@elleb810, same here. I just learned about them a year or two ago. I have done a taste test (had to!) and the golden kiwi is sweeter than the regular green kiwi. πŸ˜

@itsfi I haven't used this one. And as for the other question...uh lol I have like zero knowledge of material used for sheet masks. I should probably start paying attention. 

@Samtian, ha! I’ll keep an eye out for when you use this one. It’s not bad. The actual Golden kiwi fruit is the better of the two. πŸ˜† 

@itsfi I'm not sure if I have this one, but I'll keep an eye out! 

Morning masking. The Missha madecassoside mask was extremely hydrating. Left my skin a bit too tacky that I dabbed it off. I did leave it on a bit too long. It smelled awesome and was very cooling and relaxing. Again, the smell was awesome, can’t place the scent beyond relaxing. Didn’t linger after removal. 

Again with the eye masks. I had a rough few weeks staring at a screen and it took a toll. These are the bestest.

E6D42DF4-DFFD-441E-8E8A-7DCC312D2D0A.jpeg

 

AB3BC9F4-BCDB-4873-A738-80DFADB0FB8B.jpeg

 

Awww this is such a cute photo, @Weetart!  

@Weetart you look so cute!! 

@Weetart  I haven't tried this one, but I have tried a couple others from this line and loved them! Have you tried the A'pieu  Madecassoside mask? That one's pretty great too! Glad to hear this was a hit for you! πŸ˜ƒ

@Weetart  

Those eye patches are amazing!

@elleb810  Definitely agree! 

@Weetart Ooh that one sounds nice. 

@Weetart, I haven’t tried the madecassoside  version of that mask but am making a note to do so. β€œExtremely hydrating” with β€œa scent beyond relaxing” sounds fantastic to me! 😍

21C70E22-95F1-49F8-A824-6DBB8FA0A427.jpeg

 

Morning masking. The Murad is a basic part of my rotation. When this is done I think I’m going to search out a possible cheaper option for my sulfur needs. But this works so well, sooo. Sigh. Has anyone tried the PTR sulfur mask? It is expensive but those jars take forever to get through.

I like the Benton Bee mask better than this Missha one. But no real complaints over all.

No review needs for the Skyn eyes. Of course they are awesome. 

@Weetart I most definitely need to try that Benton mask. I love their High Content Snail Bee Essence and eye cream. 

@Weetart  Those under eye masks are the best!!! I’ve never tried that murad sulphur mask but it sounds like it’s one of your loves!!

@ather  yeah the Murad mask was pretty much life changer. I use it 3 times a week and I’ve found myself leaving others off to the wayside. Sooo, I want to make an effort to use them more so I can use them up. But keep not finding the right time to do so. 

@Shosh85 @itsfi Yeah, for sure on Benton. I also found their Snail Bee Ultimate Serum works well for me. It's basically my moisterizer in combination with various mists.

7 Replies