Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi  Yes I saw it. I wonder if itโ€™s a one time use mask or multiple time. ๐Ÿง

@ather, it's a reusable, silicone mask.

@itsfi  Ooh, this one looks super neat! I can't tell, is this mask reusable? If so, $40 isn't so bad... for a one-time use/disposable one though, that is a pretty hefty price! It definitely looks like it'd be a fun one to try!

@Shosh85, it seems like it would be reusable. $40 for a single-use mask, while not entirely unheard of in these parts, sure would be steeeeeep!๐Ÿ˜ฌ 

@itsfi  Thank you for the tag - I'm interested in this for sure. It seems like it could be very helpful for migraines. 

@PrettyPaint, good point about possibly helping with migraines! ๐Ÿ˜Š Will be interesting to hear more about it as well as any trends that come along. 

This is just intriguing, @itsfi- I really didn't see acupressure coming in sheet mask form, but I guess it makes sense! It'll be interesting to see if other brands also jump into the fray and what new options may pop up over the next couple of years. 

Definitely interesting, right @quspork?!! I'm not sure the Mediheal mask has it down entirely and time will tell with the CT one, but there does seem to be some movement in that direction. It does make some sense. I think about times when I've gone to get a facial and those head and face massages are quite lovely, I must say; especially that head and neck massage that comes with it. ๐Ÿ˜ I also think of how jade rollers have been incorporated by some into their sheet masking time and myofascial massage in skincare routines. If anything it's made me think again about skincare as self-care.

Oh @itsfi thank you! I remember seeing a mask with cryotherapy tech and I was thinking to myselfโ€ฆhow can it stay cold? I obviously need to educate myself on this so I can be in the loop!

@eshoe, there has been a huge uptick in the number of masks on the market in recent years, both of the wash off and the sheet mask variety, which for skincare mask lovers like the folks here, has its pros and cons. Innovations come not just in ingredients but sheet mask material and all sorts of things like the Mediheal acupoint masks as well as this new CT one that is expected to launch later this month. It seems like we all need to educate ourselves to stay in the loop (though there are some things when it comes to masks that I could see myself being completely happy with just staying in the same lane forever! ๐Ÿ˜‰) We'll just keep learning together. 

Okay... curiosity peaked @itsfi !  I wonder how this works with different face shapes and sizes?  I'm gonna sit here and repeat that 'I don't need any more masks' a few times.  June/July I have fallen off the wagon big time.  Need to use more up!

Hahaha @missjeanie! Oh yes, the things we need to remind ourselves of ... constantly!!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚ It reminds me of the days, back when I was a kid (hahaha! I'm now saying things like that! Ohhhh goodness gracious!) when punishment might be writing something on the chalkboard:

chalkboard.jpg

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Let's just say we hit "pause" in June and July. It happens. We just press "play" again. You got this, missjeanie! I know you do! 

Oh manโ€ฆ @itsfi  youโ€™re not the only one who had to โ€˜linesโ€™ after call Somedays lol!

Thanks for the tag @itsfi ! How cool is that! Def going to investigate it. 

@Sunnysmom, I've used a sheet mask a year ago, maybe longer, that combined acupressure and I've used masks that have cooling effects (as well as ones with warming effects) so they're not completely novel ideas, but it's interesting to see a brand like CT combine the two different form of therapies. It would be interesting to know what lead to this - I assume that there's a financial/revenue component to it, but wondering more about what science is behind it. If you find anything interesting in your investigation, let us know! 

investigating.gif

Hee Hee I love that! ๐Ÿฅฐ Thatโ€™s so cool that youโ€™ve tried some of these before @itsfi . Youโ€™ve got such good insight into them. Iโ€™ve only used very basic masks plus ones you guys recommend, or that I maybe receive in an Allure box etc. Itโ€™s all quite new to me so itโ€™ll be a true learning experience whatever I find out! 

Thank you @Sunnysmom! ๐Ÿ˜Š Basic masks can be some of the best ones - no muss, no fuss masks that get the job done! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Yay for starting out on masking! โ™ฅ๏ธ The learning curve can be fun and thereโ€™s such a great resource here on BIC. 

โ€œNo mussin no fussin โ€œ just like the funny commercial @itsfi ! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Yup and you guys all have great recommendations and advice, thanks for all of it! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜

These types of masks intrigue me, @itsfi. Accupressure is stressful for me but something like this on a smaller and controllable scale is much more attractive. A definite need-to-try this year!

@eshoe, you should give these a try, this one and the maybe another from the line, with different balls to press. The other masks from this line have raised โ€œbuttonsโ€ for lack of a better word, but they look flat, or flatter, compared to the acupoints here.

Just started a new cart and added it, @itsfi. I will also have a look around for any of the others that might be in the similar camp. Time to get out and explore!

3 Replies
testing