Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@ather @eshoe oh yes!!! It's so so so good

I am going to be trying it, @lmaster - hopefully sooner rather than later;)

@eshoe, I didnโ€™t see anything in the INCI list to suggest a fruity-berry scent other than added fragrance and that just makes me wonder why the brand didnโ€™t go for a fragrance that smelled fruity like a watermelon ๐Ÿ‰ instead?! ๐Ÿ˜† Nice to hear it was a good mask for you even if itโ€™s not a favorite.

Have you tried this one yet, @itsfi? I tried a few different angles with the scents, but only came up with fruity. Whichโ€ฆI will totally take over floral! It wasnโ€™t bad at all; fun, just not what I expected based on my first (and most amazingly fruit-basket-upset-scented) mask. Learning how to find more to love than dislike over the course of masking helps me to love it more in general. So fruity works sometimes, and that is ok๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe, I thought I had, but now I think I must have confused it with the avatara watermelon sheet mask. ๐Ÿ‰ The Target store closest to me carries both brands and I picked up one of each from both avatara and Vitamasques, or at least, one of each from the ones the store had in stock. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Ahh, that makes sense, @itsfi. At my Target they are all grouped together, and they all look equally appealing, which makes it so hard to make a decision. 

@eshoe those tea masks are fun! Interesting about the scent on the watermelon mask, although it still sounds fabulous

Yes they are @lmaster! And I have learned that sometimes no reaction is the best one of all;)

F is for Factr

IMG_20210801_163421537.jpg

• This is a thin, pink in color microfiber sheet
  • Fit was good except over the eye area, just a bit small
  • The scent was definitely herbal and reminds me of the scent from omorovicza products
  • This is a bubble mask, the only issue I had was the eye area, after removing the sheet (10min) bubbles did produce past the eye holes
  • I washed my face with the damp makeup eraser
  • My skin did feel cleansed, not so much anything else
  • It's not my favorite bubble mask, still fun to try thoughIMG_20210801_163425328.jpg

@lmaster  Bubble masks are pretty fun, but definitely more fun when it doesn't get into your eyes! As far as bubble masks go, I think I prefer the non-sheet mask kind ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85 yeah I can agree with that!! I love the pixie and pacific brands, the bliss one isn't too bad either

@lmaster  I think the purple GlamGlow Instamud Mask is my favorite so far, but I haven't tried Pixie or Pacifica yet! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@lmaster  Bubble masks are fun. I wonder if they actually work tho!

@ather I really like the glam glow ones, they really make my skin feel cleansed without the over drying feel

@lmaster  Iโ€™ll have to try that one!!

@lmaster, interesting that the scent was similar to Omorovicza. Was it as strong too? Whatโ€™s your favorite bubble mask?

@itsfi yep! That's exactly what my thoughts are of the scent, I'd have to say when it comes to masks, I've had the best luck with the glam glow brand

@lmaster  Yikes, I do get a little nervous when the bubbles come close to the eyes! ๐Ÿ‘€

I know! @PrettyPaint I always get nervous too, you never know where they will go

I love the artwork on this one, @lmaster. Unfortunately, it seems like the mask itself isnโ€™t much of a performer. Bubble masks are at least entertaining! 

@eshoe I loved that it was a pink sheet, and the scent is definitely starting to grow on me, just not as good as other bubble masks I've used

1 Reply
testing