Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi I got excited before I even read your review, because I saw the words "snail" and "cream" ๐Ÿ˜‚ This definitely sounds like one I need to try! Glad to hear it was a love for you!  ๐ŸŒ

Yes @Shosh85! Get this, it also contains royal jelly! ๐Ÿ˜ I forgot to mention that in the original post but itโ€™s right there on the face of the mask. This has your name written all over it. 

@itsfi  Oh man, that's triple the goodness! ๐Ÿ˜

@itsfi very high praise to want to buy other skincare items from the brand

@lmaster, the pairing of skincare ingredients I really like and in a cream consistency? Thatโ€™s just asking to be purchased!! ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi Always love the snail. Side note, I also use a dot journal for like, everything. 

Yessssss @Weetart! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐ŸŒโ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Thatโ€™s awesome that you use a dot journal for so many things! ๐Ÿ˜Ž Iโ€™ve only been using a dot journal for a few years now - started using them to keep notes for projects; have some lined journals that still need to be used up. I donโ€™t know all the tips and tricks to dot journaling yet but am learning. ๐Ÿ˜Š

This is the first time Iโ€™m using a journal for sheet masks. The timing worked out when I started afresh with masks I purchased / received in 2021. I still keep notes for sheet masks on my spreadsheet but having notes, sometimes in shorthand, in this dot journal has been great. 

@itsfi Yeah.... it's easy to end up with extra journals in waiting. I got into it because I already have always used graph paper, habit from all my maths and physics.

I'm like, I can make a list in any direction I want, hah! I've come across some neato ideas on pintrest etc.

I like to make a table of contents. I use it for budgeting, random todo lists (like my list of tv shows to binge)... Mainly, I do a daily I update twice a day, morning and evening. I fill it mainly with like, super obvious things like "brush teeth! Morning sheet mask! Shower! Take meds! Pet cats!" then in the middle sneak in "submit updated draft of chapter one!" that way I have an excuse to slap on a bunch of reward stickers for a day well done... even if my draft is still in progress. 

Part of me wonders if it's really an excuse to give myself physical gold stars... I took a shower! Unicorn sticker! I did my weekly laundry?! Kitten stickers all over! I'm fine with that excuse ๐Ÿ™‚

@Weetart, oooh, a table of contents. I havenโ€™t gotten there yet but one day maybe. A big โ€œyesโ€ to physical gold stars. ๐Ÿ˜Š Here are some digital ones being sent your way! โญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธ 

@itsfi oooh! thank you!

@itsfi  

Oh wow. I don't think I've tried a snail mask but the creamy serum on this one sounds like it would be wonderful. Another gorgeous photo. Do you usually keep notes on your masks in a notebook?

@missy94612, the serum on this mask was great for my skin. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Snail mucin ๐ŸŒ wonโ€™t be for everyone but it works well for me; I love it. I know some folks here have given it a try and loved it as well. 

I have a few different ways of taking notes on masks, a combination of handwritten and digital ones. 

Going way back to last monthโ€™s multi-step mask challenge, and an E for Electrolyte:

DEA0A706-A690-44F4-BE92-3B33F3D9AD6B.jpeg

Spoiler

This Holika Holika Chamomile Tea Brew Sheet Mask was the final of four that I tried, the others being Lavender, Green Tea and Hibiscus. This is a straightforward two-step mask. After removing the tea sachet from the upper pouch, it is placed into the larger packet and allowed to โ€˜steepโ€™ for a few minutes. I kneaded it a bit, then removed and applied to my my face. Unlike the Lavender and Green Tea, this one did not have much of a scent. It  also did not turn pink, like the Hibiscus did. The serum was watery, and the mask fit fairly well, with a bit of flyaway occurring around the chin area after a few minutes. It felt soothing, although I preferred the Green Tea for its gentle and calming scent. Not a bad mask, I would definitely use it again but wonโ€™t be in a hurry to repurchase.

Ingredients:

Spoiler
EE44BF0D-25F3-48D5-9F3C-A803A6173E4E.jpeg

Vitamasques Electrolyte Watermelon 

A15A2748-F0FB-4EDA-A67E-49DE888639DF.jpeg

Spoiler
After falling in love with the Lychee mask, I picked up the Watermelon version to see how it stacked up. I was a little surprised to find the scent leaning more toward fruity-berry rather than watermelon. The fit was decent, much like the lychee, with a little snipping around the eye area to ease the comfort. I left it on around 25 minutes, then removed to finish the rest of my skincare including the last step, Glow Recipe Mini Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask 1 oz/ 30 mL. I also used the Yensa Watermelon Lip Oil, which I find to have a deliciously sweet watermelon scent. It is a very thin oil so I use it as a base and usually layer the LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Gummy Bear for staying power. The Vitamasques was good, and I look forward to trying others; this just wasnโ€™t my favorite of the two I have tried so far.

Ingredients

Spoiler
Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycereth-26, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, PEG-60 Hydrogena Castor Oil, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Carbomer, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Tromethamine, Glyceryl Caprylate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit Extract (100 ppm), Sodium PCA, Maltodextrin, Calcium Pantothenate, Xanthan Gum, Urea, Caprylyl Glycol, Magnesium Lactate, Papain, BHT, Potassium Lactate, Serine, Alanine, Proline, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Magnesium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Disodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance)

@eshoe  Those Holika Holika Tea masks are fun! The Camomile is the only one I haven't tried yet - it sounds nice!

I have the Watermelon Vitamasques mask, but haven't tried it yet - I'm super curious about the scent now! I would've hoped for Watermelon, but fruity/berry isn't so bad either ๐Ÿ˜‰

You know, @Shosh85 - you  are right. Fruity isnโ€™t bad at all. Itโ€™s just like when you take a sip out of a glass expecting water, but instead it is milk๐Ÿคช๐Ÿง 

@eshoe  

The chamomile mask looks fun.

It was, @missy94612. But I am still curious how well a regular tea bag would work if I slipped it into an opened mask packet๐Ÿค”

@eshoe  

Do you think you'll try that? Would be interesting to see if you got the same results, wouldn't it?

@missy94612I have a pound of hibiscus petals that I ordered in error, and I do intend to steep them in a mask. Time to figure out if that will be a DIY or just placing it into a generously-soaked sheet mask packet๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe  

A pound? Oh, I hope you or someone in your house likes hibiscus tea. lol.

Well I think I can use some portion for masks, @missy94612 - based on my experienceโ˜บ๏ธ

21 Replies
testing