Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@nuinui933 good to know!

@nuinui933  Do you have a favorite green tea mask? I love matcha/green tea. 

@PrettyPaint, same. Matcha green tea is so good. I could drink it or eat matcha green tea cookies all day long and be happy. Good question. Oh let's see. The Innisfree ones I like for ones that are easy, no -brainers - they are simple, affordable and the store by my parents' house has them in stock all the time. itsfi sent me an assortment of green tea masks and there was one from SNP that I really like and another one that I don't remember who made it but you seeped a green tea bag into the mask packet with a solution. I thought it was just a marketing ploy but it turned out great.  

What's your favorite or favorite green tea masks? I'm always interested in trying out new ones.

@nuinui933  The SNP sounds really nice. As much as I love green tea and matcha stuff, I don't feel like I've tried many sheet masks of this variety. I've heard great things about that tea bag one, but I haven't personally tried it! 

@nuinui933, thank you for your honest review!! 

@FullCoverageBB, you're welcome.  

"Kind of" multi-step. This is the same mask that @lmaster posted about ๐Ÿ˜„

Y.N.M. (You Need Me) Quick Morning and Night Care

-Both sheets were pretty comfortable to wear; they were slightly large, but the cutouts were nicely placed for my face.
-The morning mask had a serum that smelled citrusy. It was refreshing and a bit cooling, but I didn't experience any irritation. There was a bit of tack afterwards, so I had to apply some lotion.
-The night mask smelled like lavender (appropriately themed for nighttime). I sometimes get a bit itchy from lavender and this was no exception. I also experienced the residual tackiness that @lmaster  commented on. It was really verging on sticky, I'd say. I had to apply a whole heap of face cream before going to sleep so my hair didn't get stuck to my face. 

1.png2.png

Oh yikes @PrettyPaint, stickiness and itchiness before trying to fall asleep? No thank you! I think more people are averse to lavender than those who love it. It can be quite overwhelming, which isnโ€™t exactly relaxing. This sounds like an easy pass for me.

@eshoe  Yeah, it's never fun to wake up and have your hair stuck to the side of your face. And glad I'm not alone regarding the lavender. ๐Ÿ™‚

@PrettyPaint Those sound like no-go to me! Sorry you had itchiness!

@PrettyPaint  The lavender is pretty fitting for nighttime, though I'm not huge fan of that scent - sorry to hear it caused some itchiness! I know you're not the only who's experienced that reaction to lavender!

@Shosh85  Yeah, I feel bad not always loving lavender because it seems like most people tend to like it quite a bit! ๐Ÿ™‚

@PrettyPaint, the scents (and the names) on both these masks seem fitting for the intended time of use; it's too bad that the lavender scent made your skin itchy; hopefully that was the only effect of the lavender. 

@itsfi  Yeah, I don't think lavender has given me a rash or anything drastic. It's just the itchiness thankfully. 

Ughh, I'm not a fan of sticky masks, @PrettyPaint.  Thanks for the review.

@CookieGirl1  You probably wouldn't be a fan, then! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@PrettyPaint the citrus did not seem noticable at all to me, and I didn't notice any tackiness on the daytime version, maybe mine was drying out more, it seemed to not be anywhere near as saturated as the nighttime mask

@lmaster  I took a pretty big sniff! ๐Ÿ™‚  The tack on the morning was nothing compared to night, though.

@PrettyPaint, itchy and tacky? That sounds like a pass for the night mask. 

@nuinui933  Haha - yeah, it wasn't my favorite! ๐Ÿ™‚

This is an interesting concept for having both the a.m. and p.m. mask together. I'm sorry the lavender left you with some itchiness, @PrettyPaint. I hope that didn't last too long after removal. 

1 Reply
testing