Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi you keep inspiring new masks to my next mask haul ๐Ÿ˜‰

@lmaster, aww, you're always so sweet! ๐Ÿค— I think you'd love this mask, and maybe the 3-step one from the line, too! The cream in the 3-step is supposed to be very rich, which could be great for your winters, yes?! 

Oh yes,,, and not looking forward to that word... Winter ๐Ÿ˜ฑ @itsfi 

Ack! Sorry @lmaster, I said the "w" word! D'oh!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ 

@itsfi it's ok ๐Ÿ˜†,,, it just needs to stay far far away ๐Ÿคฃ

Ooooh, where do I sign up for this one, @itsfi ๐Ÿคฉ A little hunting now for itโ€ฆOlive Young it looks like. It sounds like a seriously pampering mask!

@eshoe, Olive Young would be a good source for this mask. I picked this one up at a local boutique earlier this year. I've had some really good shopping experiences with Olive Young; the store seems to have a deal of some sort going on most of the time.  

Oh thank you, @itsfi! I think I will subscribe to the site, then. I still have not had a true mask haul, yet a long list of wishes:) I appreciate the info!

@eshoe, it's just so much easier putting together the wish list than it is to pick and choose which masks to purchase off of it. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Spoken like someone who knows, @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜‰

@eshoe

D80D234E-813C-4EA2-A21E-BB8FD4E3E53C.gif

Hahaha! I probably find myself in that situation more times than I care to admit. ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi  Oooh, both the ampoule and mask sound amazing! I've never heard of this one, but it definitely sounds like one I need to get my hands on! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ™Œ

@Shosh85, this multi-step mask pack exceeded my expectations! โ™ฅ๏ธ I think itโ€™s one that would like! Nourished and glowy skin! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ It and the 3-step pack will be in the top 5 of my list for the next mask haul. ๐Ÿ› 

@itsfi  Oh my goodness, that serum sounds lovely. I love the ingredients on this one (I'm definitely writing this one down for a future haul). 

My skin could be very happy with this serum in the rotation @PrettyPaint! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Making note of it for the fall/winter routine. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

This sounds like a really lovely 2 step mask, @itsfi. It's hard to argue with being bright, glowy, and radiant at the end of a masking session!

Exactly @quspork! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ The results were spectacular! โ™ฅ๏ธ It sounds like the moisturizer included in the 3-step pack may be too heavy for warm weather seasons, but this 2-step worked beautifully for me this time of year. 

D is for Detoskin 

Spoiler
This celery cleanse mask from Detoskin is a very thin well saturated mask. The fit was average - it was a bit too narrow for my face but otherwise fine. It does not have any strong scent. 

I left it on for 15 minutes and it was still fairly wet. After my skin felt hydrated but there was no brightening. 

My skin did feel feel tacky for about half an hour after. Iโ€™m not having good luck with that lately and I was starting to wonder if I needed a dehumidifier but I used a creame shop one and that wasnโ€™t an issue so it must be the mask. 

overall, I would use this again but itโ€™s nothing spectacular 

C496986B-4877-4389-AE45-61FF6B9C3785.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Kim888, I'm not particularly a fan of celery as a veggie, but this mask sounded promising initially - thin, narrow, well saturated, light scent. It's too bad it didn't end up being a standout and that it stayed tacky for so long; at least you got some hydration out of it.

@Kim888 I felt the same way about this one, and their Kale mask as well. A very โ€˜fillerโ€™ filler-mask.

@Kim888  Sorry to hear it was nothing special- sounds like a decent filler mask ๐Ÿ™‚

testing