Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Glad to hear this one worked well for you too, @PrettyPaint!

Yay, thanks so much @quspork 

@PrettyPaint  I love Cica too, and this definitely sounds like a mask I need to try! I haven't heard anything negative about it yet! I'm happy you enjoyed it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  Thanks so much! I'm curious now how many other masks there are with just one ingredient. 

@PrettyPaint, yay!!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Happy that this was a good mask for you. Iโ€™m a smidge jealous that you picked up an herbal / plant scent, but that also makes me want to pick up another of this mask soon to see if I can detect that scent.  

@itsfi Now that your stash is so reasonable in size, you most definitely should ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@PrettyPaint, I probably will at the end of next month. The stash should be thoroughly  whittled down of new-to-me masks by that point. ๐Ÿ˜Š 

D for detox and dependable!

First up, is a lovely mask courtesy of our beloved @eshoe who generously included this one in a group of masks she sent a while back. The MD's Pick I Don't Know Yesterday Purifying Mask. 

PXL_20210723_193111876.jpg

This one was hiding behind a couple of other masks in my stash that I need to use up this summer because of impending expiration dates and I'm so glad I pulled it out this week! It's a black, well-fitting sheet that contoured and adhered well. And had tons of jelly serum both on the mask and leftover in the packet. There was no noticeable scent and it didn't leave my skin with any tack after removal. It was nicely hydrating and (most importantly haha) actually brought a little pimple I've had this week to a head after removal so that's beneficial! Thank you @eshoe for sending this delightful (look- another D!!) mask my way!

And in the "good, old dependable" category- 

The Tosowoong Pure Snail Mask

PXL_20210723_193053576.MP.jpg 

I'm sure I've reviewed this one in one of the mask threads before but it's been a while so here is it again! The Tosowoong Pure masks continue to be a favorite. The fit of this line of masks is wider than a lot of others which works really well for my face. The cotton is a slightly thicker sheet, but I've never had issues with adherence. There was a bit of a perfume-fragrant scent that was noticeable upon application of this one, but nothing overwhelming. My skin was left soothed and hydrated and this line will continue to be one that I purchase over and over. 

Good to know it's one of your favorites!! @quspork 

It's always nice to have a line or two that you can always count on, @lmaster

@quspork, the Tosowoong sheet masks are ones I consider tried and true. I typically prefer thinner masks but the honey and snail Tosowoong sheets are ones I happily repurchase. 

Totally agree, @itsfi. It's hard to beat a good tencel or cupra mask as far as thinness and comfort of wear, but these also just seem to work out really well, so it's easy to keep them around in the stash. 

@quspork, I've noticed that as much as I enjoy trying out new masks (and I most certainly do!!) and looking into new brands and lines, several of my fave sheet masks come from the OG K-beauty brands, and many of those are from their older catalogs. I'm just happy to see that some of the favorites continue on. ๐Ÿ˜

@quspork  The results from the purifying mask sound wonderful! Definitely seems like a great one to have on-hand!

I've liked 3 out of 4 off the masks I've tried from that Tosowoong line, but haven't had the pleasure of trying the Snail one! Good to know it's a continued repurchase for you! ๐ŸŒ

That Tosowoong line was one of the first I fell in love with when I first started getting into K-beauty and sheet masks, so the reliability of the years is nice to have, @Shosh85!

@quspork I really love your background shade and texture! And I think that mask was when I fell in love with detox sheet masks. And yay for good olโ€™ trusty masks, they are always a little blessing for your skin๐Ÿฅฐ

Haha, the background is one of my yoga mats @eshoe, pure convenience for this shot! 

Smart thinking, @quspork! Love the color๐Ÿ’œ

@quspork  Wow, the "I don't know yesterday" purifying mask looks really nice. The jelly serum and black sheet sound wonderful, and I'm so glad it brought up the blemish - yay!  And the snail looks really great too - I can't recall whether I've tried that one yet! 

The Yesterday was definitely nice, @PrettyPaint, it's a shame I'm not seeing it available anymore (of course, lol). 

But for @heartsmyface's multi-step masking theme this week, I might not have reached for the Miguhara 2-Step Whitening Mask Pack, and that would have been a shame. This may turn out to be my favorite mask of this week, even this month. 

D - multi-step - 2-step.jpg
Spoiler
Step 1: is pale warm-toned yellow ampoule - it's unscented and has a certain viscosity to it but is not stringy, goopy or gooey. It applies smoothly and absorbs beautifully, almost instantaneously the moment it makes contact with skin.  

Step 2: is a soft thin-leaning, pale yellow-hued sheet mask that hugs the contours of my facial features wonderfully. As with most, if not all, sheet masks, this one is larger than my face, but only slightly - about 1/2" at the temples and chin, so fit isn't bad at all and can be made to work with a few minor adjustments. I made some cuts to the inner corner of the eye openings and outer corners of the mouth for a more comfortable fit. 

Essence/ Serum:
The serum in the mask is less viscous and slightly more watery than the ampoule of Step 1, but that is not to say that the serum has a watery essence like consistency. Its texture is more akin to a thin, lightweight gel. It feels luxurious against the skin, a bit cooling too, and has the faintest smell of grapefruit - ever so slightly citrusy and refreshingly zesty

Results:
The results from the mask lived up to its brightening claims, and more. Despite the essential oils  in the sheet mask serum, my skin did not experience any irritation or redness. After 30 minutes, I was happily surprised to find that my skin had absorbed much of the gel-serum. While my eyes still felt heavy from it being so early in the morning, the rest of my face looked brightened, glowy and radiant. It felt soft and nourished as well. 

Repurchase?:
Oh yes!!! This 2-step mask pack will undoubtedly be part of future sheet mask haul. I've learned that there is also a 3-step mask which includes the 2-steps here plus a rich cream. Gonna have to track that one down too, along with a standalone bottle of the Step 1 ampoule. 

Ingredients:
Spoiler
(from YesStyle):

Step 1 Ampoule:

Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Water, Purified Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate, Tremella Fuciformis Sporocarp Extract, Pentapeptide-13, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Copper Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, Carnosine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Rehmannia Glutinosa Root Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Iris Versicolor Extract, Narcissus Pseudonarcissus (Daffodil) Flower Extract, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Freesia Alba Flower Extract, Edelweiss Extract, Lotus Flower Extract, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Flower/Leaf Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Taraxacum Officinale (Dandelion) Leaf Extract, Rosa Damascena Flower Extract, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Malt Extract, Gardenia Florida Fruit Extract, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Allantoin, Glycosyl Trehalose, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate, Arginine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Hydroxyacetophenone, Limonene

Step 2 Sheet Mask:

Purified Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Carbomer, Arginine, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Xanthan Gum, Limonene, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tartrazine, Glyceryl Glucoside, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Sunset Yellow FCF, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Rehmannia Glutinosa Root Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Propylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Taraxacum Officinale (Dandelion) Leaf Extract, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, Rosa Damascena Flower Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Lactobacillus Ferment Lysate, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Copper Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8

1 Reply
testing