Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

***2022 Mask of the Week Challenge***

Open for input and suggestionsπŸ‘‡πŸΌ

Spoiler

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Animal Print Masks - Lions 🦁, tigers 🐯, pandas 🐼, and bears 🐻, oh my! None other than the lovely @Shosh85 brings us this smile-worthy challengeπŸ˜„

Letter of the Week:  Q

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@itsfi I did love this one!! Funny story, my dad has a birch tree in his yard, when I was little, I used to call it a bubblegum tree bc if you peel the "bark" it is a pink color underneath πŸ˜†

@lmaster, I love that! I had no idea (and I wouldn't have if you didn't share such a great story) that a birch bubblegum tree is pink in color under its bark. πŸ’— That's very cool. I am making note of that!

@itsfi β˜ΊοΈ yeah I was a curious kid! 🀦

@lmaster, I love that!! β™₯️

I love the packaging on this one, @itsfi. Birch trees are so pretty. A match up at some point would be fun to see!

@eshoe, agree; I love the packaging on this one; something very calming about it in my eyes. πŸ˜ Have you tried these Dewytree 100 masks?

Sorry, @itsfi, I missed this tag!

I have tried the Cica and I have the Hibiscus that I just received in my Facetory sub. I wasn’t overly impressed with the fit, but yay for one-ingredient masks! Plus, it’s helpful to have anything cica on hand for caring for skincare blunders;)

I liked this one too, @itsfi. It would definitely be interesting to see how continuous use could help amplify any positive effects. 

@quspork, I'm thinking I'd like to put the cica and birch ones to an extended wear test. I still have the hibiscus mask from this line to use though, so we'll see how I feel about the hibiscus variety first. Have you used the hibiscus one?

I haven't tried the hibiscus yet, @itsfi but did like the others, so I can't imagine that the experience with that one would be too different. Hopefully, it's just as nice!

@itsfi  This line of masks certainly sounds great! It would be fun to do a duel of the 4 varieties (that's all I've seen anyway), but the Birch and Cica definitely seem the most promising! πŸ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, a showdown of the 4 would be a fantastic idea! πŸ’‘ I used the cica and birch ones close enough in time but find them equally great. Wish I had saved the quince one to do now. I’ll get to the hibiscus one soon and I may try your duel idea after my next sheet mask haul. If you get to trying β€˜em all out around the same time, I’d love to know your thoughts. 

@itsfi  inspired me to find this mask in my stash and use it...

Dewytree's 100% Cica Mask. Yep - 100% Centella Asiatica Extract. 

There was a good deal of extra, watery serum. The sheet was a little large (particularly in the chin area), but the fit was decent overall. The sheet adhered closely to my skin (with just a bit of hanging at the chin area). My skin seemed to absorb the majority of the serum - There was just a tiny bit of tackiness after removal, but nothing bothersome. It was soothing and refreshing, and my skin felt nicely hydrated. I am definitely a Cica fan, so it wasn't too surprising that I enjoyed this one. 

As for the scent...
It was pretty faint and not detectable while wearing it, but I definitely smelled a tiny bit of an herbal/plant scent when I smelled it. The scent was extremely light, though, so I probably wouldn't have noticed it without intentionally sniffing it. 

1.jpg2.jpg

@PrettyPaint love cica!!

@lmaster  Totally agree. β€οΈ Cica

@PrettyPaint the idea of single ingredient masks is pretty cool, and something I could get behind! I think that I have one more of these, I want to pay extra-special attention to the scent:)

@eshoe  Can't wait to hear what you detect! 

Glad to hear this one worked well for you too, @PrettyPaint!

Yay, thanks so much @quspork 

@PrettyPaint  I love Cica too, and this definitely sounds like a mask I need to try! I haven't heard anything negative about it yet! I'm happy you enjoyed it! πŸ˜ƒ

@Shosh85  Thanks so much! I'm curious now how many other masks there are with just one ingredient.