Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Sounds really nice!! @PrettyPaint sorry the fit was off

Thanks so much @lmaster 

Ohh thatโ€™s a great combo of ingredients @PrettyPaint - glad to hear it worked well even with the weird fit!

@Kim888 Thanks so much - yes, my skin was definitely happy with the ingredients. ๐Ÿ™‚

@PrettyPaint, a light berry scent sounds nice.

@nuinui933  It was barely detectable, but I'm pretty sure that's what I was smelling! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@PrettyPaint, oooh, sheet masks with a creamy serum always grab my attention. Especially if you didnโ€™t feel the need to follow up with a moisturizer. This one has an unique combination of fruits and veggies that I donโ€™t recall seeing before and itโ€™s one I wouldnโ€™t think of on my own. Is this mask one you would want to use again?

@itsfi  I liked the serum for sure, but I think the fit was strange enough that I probably wouldn't repurchase. I think I'm to the point where I'm getting pretty picky about repurchase decisions. 

@PrettyPaint, itโ€™s not a bad place to be. There are plenty of good masks to be used or that youโ€™re happy to use again. But itโ€™s especially nice when there are great masks that youโ€™re excited to used again. โ™ฅ๏ธ Iโ€™ve found that being more selective helps to keep the mask supply in a more manageable state. ๐Ÿ˜† 

@PrettyPaint, seems like a super cool mask! I also have a hard time with face masks fitting me properly. My face is so tiny! ๐Ÿ˜‚

@FullCoverageBB  I can totally relate! I never felt like my face was particularly small, but now I'm beginning to wonder given a lot of the masks I've tried! The vast majority are much too large. 

C for champagne wishes and caviar dreams 
C - champagne wishes & caviar dreams.jpg
Last week, I went with a theme inspired by a throwback television show, a forerunner to the reality shows on TV these days. I *think* a few folks here might remember Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. If not, it was a show about you guessed it, lifestyles of the rich and famous. I would catch the ending waiting for my after school cartoon program to come on when Robin Leach, a host of the show, would end with his catchphrase, sending viewers off with "champagne wishes and caviar dreams". Now, of these two, I'm more for the champagne than the caviar. If it's on sushi, I often will scrape it off and "share" it with whomever I'm having a meal, though here, I scraped it off for a quick photo opp and then shared the caviar. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜‚

Champagne Sheet Mask:
Spoiler
The cotton cupra material of the Coscodi Sparkling Wine Mask Sheet (Red) leans slightly thin, feels soft against the skin, adheres well, gently hugging the contours of your facial features and wears comfortably. This mask is large overall, especially at the chin and along the jawline, where it hangs an extra 2" on me. The sugary, grape gummies scented watery essence saturates the mask, dries down smoothly after 30 minutes (though longer wear is entirely possible), without tack or stickiness, leaving  skin looking and feeling hydrated, refreshed and brightened.
Caviar Sheet Mask:
Spoiler
If you asked me before this masking sesh, I would have said hands down the Coscodi mask would be my favorite of the two; reason being, I'm not a huge fan of the mouthless masks for which the brand is renowned and caviar isn't what I would consider a 'go to' or 'must have' as a skincare ingredient, or otherwise, really.  My 45 minutes with the 23 Years Old Black Cavidiol Mask is a classic example of why not to judge a book by its cover, or a mask by its ingredients or unique features. I really like the cocoon feel of the thick, tension fabric on this mask - it's like a lightly weighted blanket for the face, lulling you into a calmer and more relaxed place. There are black specks scattered throughout the mask, the caviar bits, that transfer onto the skin and require a little extra effort to remove afterwards. 

This 23 Years Old mask has lots of extra material for the neck and as expected, was mouthless. Interestingly, I felt a zing whenever I pressed or ran my fingers along the material covering my mouth - I wouldn't say it stung or tingle; just zingy. The clear, watery-yet-gel-like essence feels cooling and soothing and there's so much of it that I could have kept the mask on for a lot longer than I did. Results were excellent - hydrated, more bouncy, plump skin; brighter complexion; and dark spots were temporarily lightened. This mask took me completely by surprise, in the best way. I had no expectation of liking it as much as I did, let alone being in a position where I would consider keeping this mask on hand in my mask library. I know! My mask library will have a mouthless mask - I never would have imagined that would be the case.

It is endearing that you had both of these masks on hand, @itsfi, for a pretty memorable tie-in! Makes me want to find an episode (or two) to watch again. And speaking of memorable, it is certainly hard to forget oneโ€™s first 23years masking experience, at least for me๐Ÿ˜„

@eshoe, I apparently did forget the first 23 Years Old mouthless mask I tried. Of course I did. I thought this was my second one, but it's the third. I went to look at my sheet mask shopping notes because I don't remember picking this one up; I was reminded it was included in a gift I received for getting through all my sheet masks. Who knew it would work out so well?!! ๐Ÿ˜† 

To have all of your masking notes consolidated must be so satisfying, @itsfi! I keep vacillating between digital and paper. This year has taught me that paper keeps me more consistent. Maybe transcribing it at the end of the year is a good idea to make it searchable ๐Ÿค”

This was a gift for finishing your stash?! Hurrah and ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜Š

@eshoe, my notes are on paper and saved digitally; well, some notes are saved electronically. I just started this new system after using up my stash, so it's in its infancy and has just been for sheet masks purchased this year, but not everything on paper gets loaded onto my computer. Yes, some folks who I introduced to sheet-masking years ago knew I had worked my way through my stash and sent me a surprise. Very sweet gesture.

@itsfi  Oh, so fancy! I have never tried Caviar and I don't really ever want to ๐Ÿ˜‚ I wasn't really interested in trying another mouthless mask, but I am now! It sounds great!

I have tried that Coscodi mask though, and loved it! That scent is wonderful! ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿฅ‚

@Shosh85, you pioneered the mouthless mask on the mask thread. It seems like ages ago; I just remember I was pretty new to BIC after lurking on it off and on for years. I had been using sheet masks for probably a year, maybe more up and to that time when I saw your post with the 23 Years Old mouthless mask and I thought "what!" ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฌ It took me a while to try these and it seems like third time's the charm - it's telling that I had to look back to know this is the third mouthless mask I've tried. I definitely want to hear your feedback on this mouthless caviar mask if / when you use it. It is not at all a combination I would expect to like. ๐Ÿคฃ 

The Coscodi sparkling wine one is good; I like it. There's apparently a green version - have you tried that one as well?

@itsfi  I haven't tried the green version of the Coscodi mask, but I feel like I may have seen it reviewed here.  It's definitely one I'd love to try! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, it wouldn't surprise me if someone here did review the green Coscodi mask. I'm making a note; maybe I'll do a search for it if I have more time next month. This is a great example of when / how a more robust search feature would be handy.

4 Replies
testing