Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar that give your skin the perfect AM glow! Another nod to @keana1 for this week’s challengeπŸ™ŒπŸΌ

Letter of the Week:  M

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

IMG_20210724_205404155.jpg

 not really a multi step, but it's a multi mask combo and I'm going for it ☺️

You need me night care and quick morning masks 

• Received these from facetory
  • The night mask seemed more of a thinner material and contoured my face better than the morning version
  • I would say the night version more so would fall into the microfiber category, the morning mask was definitely reminiscent of straight cotton sheet
  • Scent on the night version was light lavender and it was so relaxing, whereas I didn't notice much scent on the morning version
  • Fit on both masks were long at the chin and forehead, however the night version adhered so much better! The day time was but nearly as saturated and dried around the chin areas after 15 minutes
  • Wear time was 25 minutes for nighttime and 20 for day
  • Results for night, were hydrated and moisturized and nourished skin, daytime, lightly hydrated, lightly moisturized skin.
  • Tackiness on the night mask lingered long, I waited 30 minutes to see if it would subside, nope! Stayed tacky until moisturizer was applied
  • Tackiness on the daytime was zero! 
  • I liked these, fun to use, nothing super special to run out and stock up onIMG_20210724_205413754.jpg

 nighttime ingredients⬆️

IMG_20210724_205417452.jpg

 daytime ingredients ⬆️

@lmaster I was surprised to see the morning mask was only recommended for five minutes less than the evening one! Sounds like an overall β€˜ok’ mask.

@eshoe yep! The morning mask was definitely mehhhh, the nighttime version was much better

Sounds like a fun little duo, despite the tackiness at night, @lmaster!

@quspork it was really fun!! The nighttime version was my favorite despite the tackiness

@lmaster  This is so funny because without seeing this, I did this day/mask combo yesterday for last week's theme. 

@PrettyPaint haha!!! Did you pick up a scent on the daytime??

@lmaster, yay for a multi mask combo! Sometimes our skin needs masking in the morning and evenings!! 😍 They seem well suited for when they’re intended to be used, especially that nighttime one - the lavender scent on it sounds like it would be perfect for ending the night. 

I was pleasantly surprised with just how relaxing it really was @itsfi great end to the night 😴

@lmaster  I haven't seen these! They sound great, and I love that there's one for day and night! It's perfect that the nighttime one smells like lavender! Glad you enjoyed them! πŸ˜ƒ

Thank you!! The lavender was truly relaxing @Shosh85 

Another D for Dewytree

D - Dewytree - birch2.jpg

Spoiler
Mask:Dewytree 100 Mask - Birch
Material:Blend of eucalyptus tree fibers, cottonseed and algae 
Adherence:Good
Fit: Standard - slightly too wide at temples and about an inch too long at chin; minor adjustments needed at corners of eye and mouth openings to help material lie flat against skin
Essence / Serum:Watery liquid; lots of it
Scent: None. 
Ingredient Spotlight:Betula alba leaf extract (birch extract) - 100%
Claim(s):Moisturizing, soothing, and replenishing
Results:
Skin feels refreshed, hydrated, and moisturized after 30 minutes of wear and has a healthy, fresh-faced glow to it. 
Repurchase?:Yes. Later in the year, I may pick up a week's worth of this mask and the cica mask and see what results from daily masking with them.

@itsfi I did miss this one! It sounds amazing!

@itsfi, do you know if they make a green tea version? I'd love to try a mask that is 100% green tea!!!

@nuinui933, I wish!!! πŸ˜ Right now, this line has 4 different varieties - birch, cica, hibiscus and quince. I would be onboard if they made one with 100% green tea. πŸ΅

@itsfi This one seems very interesting. 

@tjffc, it was really good! πŸ‘πŸΌ Years ago when my skin was super dehydrated and dry, birch water did wonders for hydrating and moisturizing it to a healthier state, so I jump on the chance to try the ingredient in a sheet mask (and other products) when I see it. 😊 

@itsfi I did love this one!! Funny story, my dad has a birch tree in his yard, when I was little, I used to call it a bubblegum tree bc if you peel the "bark" it is a pink color underneath πŸ˜†

@lmaster, I love that! I had no idea (and I wouldn't have if you didn't share such a great story) that a birch bubblegum tree is pink in color under its bark. πŸ’— That's very cool. I am making note of that!

@itsfi β˜ΊοΈ yeah I was a curious kid! 🀦

@lmaster, I love that!! β™₯️

17 Replies