Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Fruits & Veggies Week  - the lovely @keana1 brings us this deliciously nutritious, good for your skin challenge! πŸ“πŸ‘πŸŒπŸ₯‘πŸ₯¦πŸ†πŸŒ±

Letter of the Week:  L

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@Shosh85 @itsfi  Each time I use this mask, I'm surprised it doesn't have a stronger scent. I don't know why since none of my other heavily cica skincare products have much of a scent (if any), but I keep expecting a 100% centella asiatica mask to make its presence known to my nose while covering my face. But yeah, I do still detect a green, almost pine, just shy of medicinal scent each time I sniff this mask serum. Years of wine sniffing & tasting have trained my nose well. πŸ˜‚ 

I'm glad you enjoyed this one, itsfi! It's still among my favorites. And Shosh, definitely let us know if you grow a cica plant! 

@WinglessOne @Shosh85, smelling a cica plant is actually something I now want to do, but that'll have to wait for a while. In the meantime, I might have to follow your lead winglessone and train my nose - if that means I need to make more occasions to sniff and taste wine, well, so be it. πŸ˜‰ 

I think I have this one!! @itsfi πŸ€” it looks really familiar πŸ˜†

@lmaster, if you have it, it's definitely a good one to try. Soothing, hydrating, and 100% cica!! πŸ˜

@itsfi  I'm pretty confident I have this one somewhere. This makes me want to try and find it and see if I can detect a scent. I don't really know what cica is supposed to smell like, though.

@PrettyPaint, if you find it, I would love to know your thoughts on it and if you pick up a scent. 

@itsfi I found it this morning - yay! Luckily it was at the top of my bin. 

Woohoo!!! πŸ™Œ I'm sensing a cica masking sesh will be in the works soon @PrettyPaint. Yes!

@itsfi Ooh that sounds nice!

@Samtian, I have 2 more from the line to try and am looking forward to them. It's great for seeing how the skin responds to that one ingredient! πŸ˜€ If I find one I like more than the others, I might see about picking up a week's worth and seeing how my skin responds if I did some daily masking with just the mask. 

@itsfi., it's only made of one ingredient?!! That's cool.

@nuinui933, very cool, right? It's great to see a mask that's literally just about the touted ingredient. πŸ‘ 

@itsfi, such a cool mask!! 

@FullCoverageBB, I like that it's 100% one ingredient! β™₯️ The two I've used so far have been good and I'm looking forward to trying out the other two varieties from the line.

Here's a D mask for the week:

Moksha's Dear Berry - It contains strawberry, blueberry, and tomato extract. The scent wasn't particularly strong, but there was a tiny bit of a berry scent. The serum was creamy and there was a lot of it. The fit was particularly odd for me. It was too large overall, but the cutouts/holes were particularly exaggerated in size. In terms of results, I did find it quite hydrating and didn't feel the need to apply moisturizer afterwards. All in all, D for decent! 

1.jpg2.jpg

I like your use of D for Decent, @PrettyPaint πŸ‘πŸΌ A very positive outlook you have! The serum does sound especially nice.

@PrettyPaint  This one sounds nice! I love masks with creamy serum! πŸ˜ƒ

Sounds really nice!! @PrettyPaint sorry the fit was off

Thanks so much @lmaster 

Ohh that’s a great combo of ingredients @PrettyPaint - glad to hear it worked well even with the weird fit!

@Kim888 Thanks so much - yes, my skin was definitely happy with the ingredients. πŸ™‚

1 Reply