Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi  Oh, so fancy! I have never tried Caviar and I don't really ever want to ๐Ÿ˜‚ I wasn't really interested in trying another mouthless mask, but I am now! It sounds great!

I have tried that Coscodi mask though, and loved it! That scent is wonderful! ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿฅ‚

@Shosh85, you pioneered the mouthless mask on the mask thread. It seems like ages ago; I just remember I was pretty new to BIC after lurking on it off and on for years. I had been using sheet masks for probably a year, maybe more up and to that time when I saw your post with the 23 Years Old mouthless mask and I thought "what!" ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฌ It took me a while to try these and it seems like third time's the charm - it's telling that I had to look back to know this is the third mouthless mask I've tried. I definitely want to hear your feedback on this mouthless caviar mask if / when you use it. It is not at all a combination I would expect to like. ๐Ÿคฃ 

The Coscodi sparkling wine one is good; I like it. There's apparently a green version - have you tried that one as well?

@itsfi  I haven't tried the green version of the Coscodi mask, but I feel like I may have seen it reviewed here.  It's definitely one I'd love to try! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, it wouldn't surprise me if someone here did review the green Coscodi mask. I'm making a note; maybe I'll do a search for it if I have more time next month. This is a great example of when / how a more robust search feature would be handy.

Ahhhh, you're the best @Shosh85! I've bookmarked it for reference; great review by @PrettyPaint

whos-awesome-youre-awesome.jpg

Any search feature on here pales in comparison to your skills, Shosh! Thank you, thank you! ๐Ÿค—

@itsfi like the overall sounds of both!! I sooooo watched that show,, ahhhh the good ol days of tv!! I've never tried caviar,,,I really really want to,, but the thought of what it is really freaks me out ๐Ÿคฃ

@lmaster, both these masks turned out to be good. ๐Ÿ‘ Yeah, the first time I tried caviar was at work and I wasn't too fond of it. The next time I tried it was years later, atop a sushi roll, which was fine; it was more just a texture thing as the sushi masked the taste of it for me. There are spas here that have caviar facials on their menu. I've never signed up for that treatment as I think the luxe factor would be lost on me. I'm happy to just reach for this 23 Years Old mask occasionally. lol. My wallet will be happier this way as well. ๐Ÿ˜†

@itsfi, I don't know about the mouthless masks, but the results must be good for it to be something you'd buy again. 

Oh my goodness @nuinui933, I was completely taken by surprise that I liked a 23 Years Old mask; I'm not generally a fan of mouthless masks and I'm not entirely sure this one mask will make me a convert, but I do like this caviar one enough to consider it repurchase-worthy. I *might* try other mouthless masks from the brand, but not right away or anytime soon. Although I like this one, I'm not at all ready to say I'm a fan of mouthless masks. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

@itsfi, the mouthless ones may be something worth trying. I'll have to see if my other housemates want to join in on the action, now that we're all back for classes. That may be the quietest our house has been. lol.

@itsfi  Wow - I am so shocked about the caviar mask. I'm so glad you liked it, mouthlessness and all. So if you were to repurchase, you wouldn't even cut a mouth hole? 

Me too @PrettyPaint! I was pretty skeptical about it when I decided to use it. It was a mask I picked up to give another try, a do over. I wasnโ€™t expecting to like it, let alone like it enough to want to repurchase it. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ 

I think I would keep it mouthless again, but that might also depend on when I use it. I feel like the thickness of the tension mask might feel too much, too heavy if itโ€™s really warm out. That rarely happens where I live but I could see that as not being ideal for this mask, and the lack of a mouth opening could be horrible in that scenario. Maybe my liking it was a fluke? I might pick up another one when it comes time for another sheet mask haul. 

@itsfi I think I can kind of understand why the lack of mouth hole might help with the tension...as long as it didn't feel suffocating. It definitely seems like you wouldn't want this type of mask if you had a cold or a stuffy nose. 

@PrettyPaint, thatโ€™s exactly right! ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿผ The thought of a mouthless mask makes me think of it being suffocating. I couldnโ€™t use this when itโ€™s warm or humid out. Or like you said when I have a cold or a stuffy nose or even allergies. But on a cooler day, to unwind and just relax, it surprisingly was nice. 

@itsfi, these seem like great masks!! 

@FullCoverageBB, they were! I was happy with the results from both sheet masks, though very surprised that was the case with the 23 Year Old mask.

A very brief, concise and directly to the point review;)

141B02D9-C54B-49EE-9013-52E89877D6F8.jpeg

Spoiler
Soooo much anticipation for the Clรฉ de Peau Precious Gold Vitality Mask. This is a seriously pricey mask, so I am expecting some big things. After reviewing the first few ingredients (water, glycerin, alcohol, dipropylene glycol) I was skeptical. Very, very skeptical. The product itself is a pearlescent gold:
4294F75C-D298-48C3-9257-C1FF71BB8814.jpeg

After application, it appeared on the skin similar to the Peter Thomas Roth 24K Gold Mask Pure Luxury Lift & Firm 5 oz Pretty! But what the PTR lacks, the CDP has in abundance: fragrance. Notable, and lots of it. It was strong, clean, and it stayed with me the entire masking. After removing, I examined my skin. It looked about the same, somewhat softer but that is the norm post-hydrating mask. Due to the scent, and the price, this one is just not for me. It is definitely fancy and pretty, though, so perhaps perfect for the right person.

The ILIA Lip Wrap Overnight Treatment 0.34 fl oz / 10 ml took me by surprise. I tried it almost immediately after opening it, and it felt quite slippery. After allowing it to cool, I have found myself reaching for it often. This might become my new nightstand favorite!

The Dr. Althea Oasis Mask had a protective sheet which was helpful as the mask itself is on the thin side and soaked in a clear serum. The fit was very good, although the eye openings looked too small, they expanded to fit my face quite well.  I managed to maneuver it onto the rest of my skin, and let it sit a good 30 minutes. After removing, I found no remaining tack which was a plus. Although I would not buy this one again, I would use it in a pinch, as it was overall a pleasant mask to use. @Kim888 

@eshoe The CDP mask sure is pretty, but the price and scent would be a turn off for me too ๐Ÿ˜

I've been curious about the Lip Wrap! Glad to hear you enjoyed it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

The scent on the CDP was so strong, @Shosh85. It was a little surprising, actually. The Lip Wrap, on the other hand, very enjoyable๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

@eshoe it sure is pretty!! Thanks for sharing

testing