Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

The shimmer and gold are definitely fun to look at, @lmaster. Thankfully I donโ€™t need this one on my life, though-so pricey!

@eshoe , the Cle de Peau sounds so fancy. Love the color.

It was so pretty, @nuinui933, but like other similar gold masks, looked more impressive than it performed. That being said, it was non-irritating.

@eshoe, that Ilia lip mask is a new favorite of mine as well. โ™ฅ๏ธ I have it in 3 different sizes now - the full size on my nightstand, a DS at my work desk and the blister sample pack in my purse, though your reference to yours being initially slippery reminds me to put it in a ziploc bag. 

It sounds like you are covered, @itsfi! You know, I think the slippery-ness I felt was due to the product still being warm from traveling to my home. I have been wearing it almost every day since receiving it, and really enjoy it.

@eshoe, wash-off face masks are always interesting. But what a pretty, gold color!! 

It is pretty @FullCoverageBB - perfect for photos. Too bad the scent was so heavy!

@eshoe  Awww too bad the CdP was so highly fragranced. Good thing for samples, though.

It is definitely a good reminder to try before you buy, @PrettyPaint. I wouldnโ€™t want to make this pricey of a mistake when it comes to a wash-off!

@eshoe thanks for the tag! It was interesting to hear your thoughts on the Oasis one! 

Reviewing expensive masks is always so fun - disappointing the Clรฉ de Peau one wasn't worth it, though sometimes at that price point it's for the best haha 

@Kim888 I was relieved to not fall in love with the wash-off mask! It was definitely fun to try, though.

C for vitamin C and clean (and a strawberry lemonade cupcake ๐Ÿ˜‰)

Fun fact: Strawberries are the most vitamin C containing fruitFun fact: Strawberries are the most vitamin C containing fruit
Sephora Collection Clean Face Mask Strawberry is the newest addition to Sephora's clean sheet mask collection. ๐Ÿ“ Here's my question - is this a permanent part of the sheet mask lineup or is it just seasonal, @TeamBIC @SephoraBIC? "Please let it be a permanent part of the collection. Please let it be permanent.๐Ÿคž
fingers crossed.jpg

On to the reviews:

tl;dr: The lychee and spirulina varieties have been among my top choices within this new clean collection of sheet masks. Soft, thin, lightweight, eucalyptus derived fiber mask drenched in clear, watery liquid bearing a synthetically sweet strawberry scent that can last well beyond half an hour of wear. Skin is left hydrated and moisturized after removing the mask and the initial dewy glow is transformed into a fresh-faced, healthy brightness once all the serum has been absorbed.

Sheet Mask:
Spoiler
Mask:Sephora Collection Clean Face Mask - Strawberry
Material:Soft, thin, lightweight, eucalyptus derived fiber (I think this is code for a form of what we also know as Tencel)
Adherence:Great; material feels soft and smooth against skin; hugs contours of facial features.
FitStandard fit - smidge too wide at temples and about an inch too long. Openings for eye and mouth are wide enough but I do need to make slight incisions at the corners to help the material lie flat against my skin.
Essence / Serum:Clear, watery liquid; there's a lot of it, and a little extra in the packet as well.
ScentSweetened strawberries, though it's an artificial scent. Reminds me slightly of the scent on the Marie's strawberry glaze from when I was a kid. Hard to know if the scent is the result of the strawberry extracts or the added fragrance, the latter of which appears in the middle of the ingredients list, well ahead of the strawberry extracts.
Notable Ingredient(s):Strawberry extract, watermelon extract (which oddly appears on the INCI list well ahead of the strawberry extracts), sodium hyaluronate, green tea leaf extract, spinach extract
Claim(s):Nourishing and smoothing
Results:I left the mask on for my usual 30 minutes, but the mask holds enough serum that I could have easily kept it on for another 15, possibly 20 minutes. My skin felt hydrated and moisturized after removing the mask; there's a dewy glow to my complexion that transforms into a fresh-faced, healthy brightness once my skin absorbs all the serum
Repurchase?:Absolutely! Hoping this is a permanent part of the new clean collection of sheet masks.

This was a good one for me @lmaster; looking forward to hearing about your experience with this new strawberry mask! ๐Ÿ“

Ingredients:
from Sephora
Spoiler
Aqua (Water), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Hydroxyacetophenone, Lecithin, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Sodium Polyacrylate, Hydrogenated Ethylhexyl Olivate, Parfum (Fragrance), Glycolipids, Sorbitan Caprylate, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Unsaponifiables, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Spinacia Oleracea (Spinach) Leaf Extract, Potassium Sorbate
Wash Off Mask:
Spoiler
Has my beloved Skinfood Strawberry Black Sugar Wash-Off Mask been reformulated? Or simply renamed with a label redesign? Please, oh please, just be the latter.  I've compared the two ingredients list and it seems that the differences are as follows: 

• INCI list for the original version does not identify the volume of certain ingredient whereas the new version does. 
  • INCI list for the original seems to identify to dyes by their color index (i.e., 17290 and 17986). The new version also lists color index numbers, which are different from the ones on the original INCI list, but also identifies general color family.
The granules in the newer version seemed on this initial use to be a bit more scratchy (?), possibly due to the other parts of the mask being less emollient than I remember. I think I have another tub of the original version and if I do, I'll do a comparison. If I don't have one on hand, I'll just have to purchase another one to test out the similarities and differences. Stay tuned.

Ingredients
ORIGINAL VERSION (from Soko Glam):
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sucrose, Glycerin, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Lanolin, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Seed, Sorbitan Laurate, Fragaria Ananassa (Strawberry) Seed Oil, Water, BHT, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Caramel, CI 17290, CI 17986, Parfum

NEW VERSION (from Stylevana):
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sucrose (16, 500mg), Glycerin, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Lanolin, Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia) Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Seed (1, 000mg), Sorbitan Laurate, Fragaria Ananassa (Strawberry) Seed Oil (500mg), BHT, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Caramel, Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Fragrance
Lip Care:
Spoiler
The scent on the Sephora Collection Lip Sleeping Mask - Strawberry is a more subtle version of the synthetic leaning sweetened strawberry scent of the strawberry face mask. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but with both masks, I would have preferred a natural, fresh, ripe strawberry scent. The lip mask is fine. I tend to like my lip sleeping masks to lean on the thicker, balmier, more emollient (but not greasy or goopy) side. The consistency on this lip mask is far from runny but it does veer to the thin-ish side as far as lip sleeping masks go, which is fine for summer evenings, but I'd likely apply another balm over it in the winter months. It does work well in my morning routine to prep lips for lipstick or as a regular daytime balm
SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Face Mask Strawberry 
SEPHORA COLLECTION Lip Sleeping Mask Strawberry 

@itsfi, I'll be curious to know if there's a difference between those Skinfood masks.

@nuinui933, me too; will keep you posted.

@itsfi, that sheet mask is just too cute!! I'm so happy to hear it worked well. I may need to try it! (I may also need to make some strawberry lemon cupcakes now too...)

The packaging is great, isnโ€™t it @FullCoverageBB? ๐Ÿ“ It definitely draws you in. The results of the mask keep your attention. Especially if your skin needs hydration. Let us know your thoughts if you decide to try it. 

I donโ€™t bake very often but I did enjoy making the cupcakes. ๐Ÿง I also liked eating them. ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi  That lemonade cupcake looks delicious!!! I also love how your nails match the strawberry theme!

Awww, thank you @ather๐Ÿ˜ It's the first time I tried this gluten free strawberry lemonade cupcake recipe. I need to work on it some more. The frosting masks the dryness. ๐Ÿ˜ Hahaha, I didn't even realize that my nails matched my masking. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ But I love that they do. ๐Ÿ˜† Here's what the full hand looks like. @lmaster 

Zoya Amal + OPI My Vampire is Buff + OPI Alpine SnowZoya Amal + OPI My Vampire is Buff + OPI Alpine Snow

Love this so much!! @itsfi 

Awww, thank you @lmaster! ๐Ÿ˜˜ It offered up a nice change of pace. ๐Ÿ’…๐Ÿผ 

@itsfi your nails๐Ÿคฉ do you use a toothpick for the detailing? Nice work!!

1 Reply
testing