Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Thank you, @ather! Nail care has slid in the priorities the last few months and it shows - my nails have been constantly breaking. Ugh. But, I'm aiming to be back on track; gonna use cuticle oil more regularly and maybe find a way to multi-task with doing my nails and masking. Ha! 

I'm thinking a blueberry-lemon cupcake may be next. ๐Ÿ˜‹

@itsfi  You had me at blueberries!!! Maybe you will have to do blue nails next! ๐Ÿ˜‰

heehee! You're onto something @ather! ๐Ÿ˜€ I'm making a note to sort through my polishes over the weekend and think about a blue mani. ๐Ÿ’… 

Super excited!!!! I just received mine today!!! @itsfi btw your nails are beautiful

@lmaster, yaaay! I hope the mask works out well for you. โ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ“ Aww, thank you! I finished a large project at work last week and decided to spend the weekend working on my nails between sleeping and naps. ๐Ÿ˜† 

@itsfi  I haven't really liked any of the Sephora masks I've tried, so I'm happy to hear the Sephora Strawberry mask was a winner! I didn't think I'd order another Sephora mask, but this one sucked me in. I really dislike like that all of these masks have fragrance so high in the ingredients..... but obviously that doesn't stop me from trying them ๐Ÿ˜…

I'll be curious to know what you find out about the Skinfood mask! It's one of my favorite wash-off masks, so I really hope it wasn't  reformulated, but that does seem to happen to everything I love ๐Ÿ˜”

@Shosh85, I think the prevalence of fragrance in Sephora Collection products is heavily influenced by it being a French brand and parfum in skincare being viewed differently than in the US. Even so, I personally would prefer to see it much further down on the ingredients list, like last if it's going to be there at all. 

Of the Sephora Collection masks, I like the watermelon after sun mask a lot. That's a separate line from this strawberry one, which I was surprised that I found it to be so nourishing. My skin looked DEWY after removing the mask and felt like it got some T.L.C. as far as hydration and moisture go. I'm interested in hearing how it performs for you. Of the ones in this line, I found the lychee and spirulina ones to be pretty good, though I prefer the Vitamasques lychee mask to the Sephora Collection version. 

I'll keep you posted on the Skinfood strawberry. Just based on the INCI lists alone, it doesn't seem like they would be much different, but I'm telling ya, when I put on this new version, it looked and felt different. Going to have to do a more thorough testing. 

@itsfi  I have tried the after sun watermelon mask and I think it's my most favorite Sephora mask. The Lychee mask is probably my most favorite I've tried so far from that line, though I can't say I loved it enough to repurchase - it's good to hear you like the Vitamasques Lychee more. I haven't tried the Sephora Spirulina yet, but I do have it sitting in my stash waiting for me. ๐Ÿ˜‰ This Strawberry one sounds great! I'm super excited to try it! ๐Ÿ“

Same @Shosh85. Same. ๐Ÿ‰โ™ฅ๏ธ There was so much extra essence in this one; my skin just drank it up. Itโ€™s still a bit chilly here and my skin still has a bit of dehydration itโ€™s wrestling with so I was happy for the extra hydration; this may make a good one for the fall/winter seasons.

Iโ€™m heartened by this strawberry ๐Ÿ“ mask, minus the scent, which isnโ€™t a deal breaker so much as itโ€™s an area for improvement. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I do wish Sephora would bring back the sheet mask deal it once had for both its  sheet masks and eye masks, where an automatic discount would apply if you purchased a certain number in one transaction. What was it? ๐Ÿค” Buy 3, get 1 free? Or was it buy 2? In any event, that made for a better price point for these masks, in my opinion. 

C is for Centella

696116AF-6F57-44BC-AA5E-B4704D259277.jpeg

Spoiler

The Saem Power Centella Sheet Mask

Material:

Pastel green cotton that was sort of in between thin and medium thickness

Serum:

White and milky and there was a lot extra

Scent:

Sort of herbal and plant-like. I'm not sure what Cica smells like, but it's possible that's what it was. The scent was light and not very noticeable while the mask was on.

Fit:

Almost perfect- just a little too long at the chin and jawline.

Wear Time:

40 minutes

Tack:

None

Results:

My skin looked a little brighter and felt soft, hydrated, moisturized and had a little bit of a glow.

Repurchase?

Yes, absolutely!! The milky serum, great results and ingredients definitely makes it a repurchase for me ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

IMG_4190.jpg

โ€ƒ

@Shosh85 sounds like a major winner!!

@lmaster  It most definitely was! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

This one sounds great @Shosh85! ! I just read that it might be one of your favorite Cica masks? <<eyeing mask stash to see if it might be time to pick up more masks ... nope! lol>> I'll keep this one in mind for my next sheet mask haul. Love that the mask is pastel green - probably from the cica extracts, yes?

@itsfi  I think the mask itself was green, because the serum was white/milky.
Cica is definitely one of my most favorite skincare ingredients and I've tried a lot of Cica masks, but I think the milky serum in this one just really sets it apart from the others. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I really love the sounds of this one, @Shosh85! When you mention the possible cica scent, I think of the Dr. Jart+ cica line. I wonder if that is a true representation of it. Herby & fresh. It is very pleasant:) 

@eshoe  I love Cica and this was probably one of my most favorite Cica masks! I'd really like to smell a Cica plant sometime, I'm so curious to know exactly what it smells like!

@Shosh85 I think at some point last year I looked on to buying some seeds to grow it at home. I decided against it because almost anything green I touch dies๐Ÿ™„ I am so curious!

Vitamin C served as an overall theme for most of my masking this week, in honor of the letter of the week, starting with a spotlight on lemon / yuzu. 

C - lemon (vit C).jpg
Spoiler
The material on the Etude House 0.2mm air Therapy Lemon Sheet Mask is exceptional - lightweight, super thin, soft, comfortable 0.2mm cotton, which allows the mask to adhere beautifully to the skin and around the contours of my facial features. While the mask is slightly too wide at the temples and too long at the chin, fit can be made to work; openings for the eyes and mouth are a smidge too narrow for my liking, but can be adjusted to lie better against my skin. This mask is drenched, and I mean drenched, in a faint lemon-scented, clear, watery liquid that is both runny and drippy coming out of the packet. There's enough serum here that my dehydrated-combo-currently-leaning-dry skin was fine with having this one on for 45 minutes. Its moisturizing and brightening claims are supported by the inclusion of niacinamide (4th ingredient listed), lemon extract (2500 ppm) and licorice root extract, and the results too, speak to those claims - my skin was well hydrated with a bright, radiant, healthy glow. An absolute repurchase. 

KAO Megrhytm Gentle Steam Eye Masks are one of, if not the, best discoveries I have made since focusing on my skincare and masking. It's a "go to" when I'm having trouble sleeping, or struggling with allergies, headaches or a cold. Good sleep is a gift but it's not always easily had, at least for me. These steam eye masks make it easier to come by. 

I agree @itsfi those eye masks are the most fabulous ever!!

@lmaster, they're just so good! ๐Ÿ’– My preference is for the unscented one but I really do love the scented ones as well. It's probably too early to use one <<said while sipping my morning coffee>> ๐Ÿ˜‚ Will have to use one tonight.

@itsfi  Lemon is such a great ingredient!!! I didnโ€™t know the warming eye mask came in lemon!! Those are one of my favourite discoveries of 2020

testing