Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi I didn't realize that was it's actual packaging until I saw the very bottom of it lol I thought it was just your creativity. 

Ha, same, @Samtian. I thought "Oh look how optimistic and inspiring @itsfi is being with her list!" and then scrolled down to see the rest of the mask package. ๐Ÿ˜‚ That's ok though, it's still optimistic and inspiring even if it's just the packaging! 

Hahaha! No such luck @quspork @Samtian! Itโ€™s just the packaging, but I may make an effort to be optimistic and inspiring later in the year. Daily sheet masking beyond a few consecutive days sounds a little daunting at the moment. ๐Ÿ˜† But weโ€™ll seeโ€ฆ

@Samtian, awww, that's such a huge compliment. I'm blushing. ๐Ÿ˜ I love the design of the packaging; it's what drew me to the mask in the first place.

@itsfi, looks so fun! 

@FullCoverageBB, this was a good, fun masking sesh - with these three goodies, clear, hydrated, bouncy skin and a lovely hydrating touch of color on my lips. I just followed up with my moisturizer, SPF and concealer and I was good to go! ๐Ÿ˜

Love a mask that stands up to it's claims @itsfi now.... Is that a lip mask in the upper left ๐Ÿ˜Š

@lmaster, 100% agree. 

Not a lip mask, a lip gel. ๐Ÿ˜ It's WLDKAT CBD.50 MG Hyaluronic Acid + Vitamin A + E Lip Gel in the shade Forbidden Fruit - it has a gel-balm consistency, glides on effortlessly, feels hydrating, and leaves a fab stain resembling the color of my lips after eating a popsicle when I was a kid . . . or nowadays. Ha! It also has a hint of a passion fruit scent but you have to really put the want near your nose to pick it up. It's a great lippie for any time of the year but I've been loving it this summer - this has been what I've been reaching for when I want the moisturizing properties of a lip balm but with a lighter, hydrating consistency (psst... @missjeanie @Shosh85). The gorgeous stain it leaves doesn't hurt either! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Would love to see this brand at Sephora @TeamBIC 

WLDKAT swatches.jpg

@itsfi  Oh, that consistency sounds perfect! Love a good lip stain! ๐Ÿ˜

@Shosh85, I wish this one came in more colors; there are 2 others, but the shades didn't catch my eye. This tube actually feels like it's never ending; there's a lot of product in it. Another plus! ๐Ÿ˜€

@itsfi and it stains too!!!! Lol Iโ€™m caught in a bit of a circle lately thinking that I need to use up the balms i have versus โ€˜oh newnessโ€™!! 

Lol @missjeanie, Iโ€™m all too familiar with that. I debated whether to tag you; didnโ€™t want to steer you off a no buy, but I couldnโ€™t help it with this one. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ Hope your efforts to use up your balms is plugging along! 

@itsfi  Iโ€™m always down for tag! ๐Ÿ˜‚ My loves list keeps growing but now Iโ€™m in a bit of a โ€˜maybe the border will open and Iโ€™ll get a trip inโ€™ mentality with my shopping! I meanโ€ฆ if I use things up they need to be replaced right? 

Absolutely @missjeanie! Fully support your outlook and approach. ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿผ Of course they need to be replenished!! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I get the  considerations and precautions with opening up the border but Iโ€™ll also be very happy when travel restrictions are lifted and it does open back up. Looking forward to that. 

@itsfi how fun is that packaging! this sounds like a really interesting mask - a nice floral scent is always great

@Kim888, while I like the new packaging of the Dr. Althea sheet masks, I was bummed that this original packaging was discontinued; it is a fun one. At the same time though, it's so much larger than necessary for the sheet mask so I understand the direction Dr. Althea went with it. More importantly, it was a great mask.

B is for bioBELLE 

6B9289AD-8AA4-4286-BFB3-4DE9949D4239.jpeg

Spoiler

bioBELLE #Cutiepie Exfoliate & Brighten  Sheet Mask

Material:

Thin cotton

Serum:

Clear, thin

Scent:

A light, sweet sort of scent that was hard to pinpoint exactly, but I do think I smelled a hint of maple.

Fit:

A little too long at the chin and a bit too wide

Wear Time:

Half hour

Tack:

Light, stuck around for about 10 minutes

Results:

Soft, smooth, and moisturized skin with a little glow

Repurchase?

The packaging is cute and the results were decent, but for a brightening mask it didn't do much brightening. I'll have no problem using the ones I have left, but won't be repurchasing. There are just better brightening masks out there. I'm also a little annoyed that the star ingredients are at the end of the list and Fragrance is almost in the middle of the list ๐Ÿคจ

461103B4-B4A8-41D5-ABDF-ADEC3906586C.jpeg

@Shosh85  

How odd that the main ingredients are the last two on the list? That's too bad.

@missy94612  This brand used to be really good. Then they discontinued all their originals and now it seems most/all their masks have fragrance listed high and the star ingredients listed at the end. It's just disappointing โ˜น๏ธ

@Shosh85  

That is disappointing. It stinks when a company makes a change and it's not for the better.

::nods in agreement:: Yes, pretty much the same thoughts on this one, @Shosh85. It's a shame that Biobelle switched up so many of their really good masks for ones that are really just ok. 

testing