Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Shosh85 I think at some point last year I looked on to buying some seeds to grow it at home. I decided against it because almost anything green I touch dies๐Ÿ™„ I am so curious!

Vitamin C served as an overall theme for most of my masking this week, in honor of the letter of the week, starting with a spotlight on lemon / yuzu. 

C - lemon (vit C).jpg
Spoiler
The material on the Etude House 0.2mm air Therapy Lemon Sheet Mask is exceptional - lightweight, super thin, soft, comfortable 0.2mm cotton, which allows the mask to adhere beautifully to the skin and around the contours of my facial features. While the mask is slightly too wide at the temples and too long at the chin, fit can be made to work; openings for the eyes and mouth are a smidge too narrow for my liking, but can be adjusted to lie better against my skin. This mask is drenched, and I mean drenched, in a faint lemon-scented, clear, watery liquid that is both runny and drippy coming out of the packet. There's enough serum here that my dehydrated-combo-currently-leaning-dry skin was fine with having this one on for 45 minutes. Its moisturizing and brightening claims are supported by the inclusion of niacinamide (4th ingredient listed), lemon extract (2500 ppm) and licorice root extract, and the results too, speak to those claims - my skin was well hydrated with a bright, radiant, healthy glow. An absolute repurchase. 

KAO Megrhytm Gentle Steam Eye Masks are one of, if not the, best discoveries I have made since focusing on my skincare and masking. It's a "go to" when I'm having trouble sleeping, or struggling with allergies, headaches or a cold. Good sleep is a gift but it's not always easily had, at least for me. These steam eye masks make it easier to come by. 

I agree @itsfi those eye masks are the most fabulous ever!!

@lmaster, they're just so good! ๐Ÿ’– My preference is for the unscented one but I really do love the scented ones as well. It's probably too early to use one <<said while sipping my morning coffee>> ๐Ÿ˜‚ Will have to use one tonight.

@itsfi  Lemon is such a great ingredient!!! I didnโ€™t know the warming eye mask came in lemon!! Those are one of my favourite discoveries of 2020

100% agree @ather! I love lemon . . . in sheet masks, eye masks, cupcakes, water, etc. ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ‹ I think the steam eye masks list the lemon one as either yuzu or citrus or citron. It's one of the more heavily scented of the steam eye masks. When I first used it, I thought the scent might be too much for me, but it actually really helped. 

This EH line is just exceptional, @itsfi ๐Ÿคฉ they are the โ€˜my face but betterโ€™ of the sheet mask world!

@eshoe, this EH sheet mask collection is excellent!! ๐Ÿ’– Love the variety within the range too. Do you have a favorite or favorites among the different ones in the line?

@itsfi my personal preference is for those with milky-serum. I love the argan, ceramide and olive ๐Ÿซ’ best๐Ÿ˜Š

@eshoe, yes to milky serum sheet masks! ๐Ÿ˜ I've used the olive one and like it very much. I have the argan and ceramide so it's good to know they're among your faves of the lot.

@itsfi the olive oil is just right, not a thing to change about it! These are the kind of masks I could use every night. I reach for them at least once a week, sometimes more. The fit, adherence, and how my skin feels afterwards are just right, every single time ๐Ÿ’— 

@eshoe, this line would be my first choice... yeah, my first choice, of individual sheet masks to use for daily sheet masking; mainly, the snail one ๐ŸŒ with some of the other varieties thrown in here and there to mix it up.  

I donโ€™t want to jinx it, @itsfi, but I hope this line is never discontinued.

@itsfi  I liked the EH Lemon mask too, but I didn't like that alcohol was so high up in the ingredients. I agree that the results are great!

Those steaming eye masks are sooo good! It's definitely easier to fall asleep with it on! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, I'm happy that my skin hasn't responded poorly to the alcohol in the mask but it's certainly not ideal to have it that high up on the INCI list, especially since this collection holds itself out as being a "low irritant" mask. It makes me wonder why some of the masks in this range list alcohol in the first half of the ingredients list and others within the collection don't contain alcohol at all. Hmmm.... ๐Ÿค”  Adding that to my skincare homework list. ๐Ÿ—’

For โ€œCโ€ week, I pulled out a couple of samples:

09EDAD7C-0785-4AFF-8F69-24E20ADEE44F.jpeg

Spoiler
Many detoxifying masks tend to be heavy and after hardening, leave my skin feeling tight. Thus my expectations were low for the Chantecaille Detox Clay with Rosemary and Honey Mask. Prior to opening, I anticipated a rosemary barrage, but was met with a mild, gentle scent that was just barely noticeable. I used a silicone brush to apply, first in a thin layer, then thicker to use up the sample packet. It went on smoothly and evenly. After at least 20 minutes, my skin did not feel stiff, and the mask itself had not hardened. I did not want to remove it, which is not how detox masks generally make me feel. Over 30 minutes passed before I removed it. My skin felt and looked brightened. For how often I use this type of mask, I could see myself buying a FS, as it would last a good year. 

The Korres Jasmine Lip Butter has been a sentimental favorite of mine for quite awhile. It feels like room-temp butter on the lips, is unscented (from what I can tell) and adds an opaque, milky-pink cover on my lips. I will likely always have one (or more) of these in my stash.

The Celarion Deep Miracle Ampoule Sheet Mask had a fruity-clean scent, with plenty of clear, essence-weight serum. I snipped it in the bottom middle of both eye openings and folded the newly-made flaps down, then yanked the entire mask up to cover my forehead. It was a pretty permit fit overall- even the chin! So far, so good. I scanned the ingredients and founds lots of ingredients my skin loves; centella asiatica, apple, lemon & orange extracts, snail secretion filtrate and betaine.  After 25 minutes, it began to dry just a tiny bit, so I removed and patted the remaining serum into my skin. It felt cool and soft.  Loved this one and would use again!

Ingredients:
Spoiler
C4706E5A-CC38-4D08-BAE9-195986F79430.jpeg
After the rest of my skincare, I finished with the Dr. Jart+ Cicapairโ„ข Tiger Grass Sleepair Intensive Mask 3.38 oz/ 100 mL. If a BB cream were a sleeping mask, this would be it. It smoothes on effortlessly and absorbs quickly, feeling weightless while leaving my skin happy and hydrated. I forget how good this mask is, and need to add it to my little masking drawer for when my skin is in need of extra TLC. Love, love, love!

@eshoe ohhhhh you are tempting me with the detox mask!!! Is that Dr jart mask new??

The detox is so, so good, @lmaster! I donโ€™t think the Dr.Jart+ is new, I have gone through a few samples now and it is high time to buy the FS. It is just so soothing!

@eshoe is it an overnight mask?

Yes, @lmaster, the Dr.Jart+ is a sleeping mask. It really seals everything in, too!

@eshoe I'm going to need that one ๐Ÿ˜†

testing