Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

***2022 Mask of the Week Challenge***

Open for input and suggestionsπŸ‘‡πŸΌ

Spoiler

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: β„️ Wintery Holiday Masks - It’s the Most wonderful time of the year! Thank you lovely @LilaMJ for this new challenge❄️

Letter of the Week:  V

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@Shosh85  

That is disappointing. It stinks when a company makes a change and it's not for the better.

::nods in agreement:: Yes, pretty much the same thoughts on this one, @Shosh85. It's a shame that Biobelle switched up so many of their really good masks for ones that are really just ok. 

@quspork  I really miss the originals! Those were some of my favorite masks! These new ones are definitely disappointing! πŸ˜•

@Shosh85, that mask packaging looks so yummy! Lol. Did it smell good? 

@FullCoverageBB  It was a light scent and didn't really smell like much - would've loved a pumpkin scent! 

@Shosh85 I have a couple of these left, I love a good fragrance,,, but like you,,I want to see it at the end of the list

@lmaster  Fragrance high up in the list is annoying, but it's even more annoying that it's also higher than the star ingredients πŸ˜•

@Shosh85 that is disappointing it didn't do a good job! I always have high expectations for pumpkin !

@Kim888  It was fine, just nothin' special. I'd probably put it in the filler mask category. I would've loved if it smelled like Pumpkin! 

@Shosh85, having the spotlight ingredient at the end of the INCI list is disappointing to say the least, and just feels wrong. πŸ˜” It seems like that is how many of the BioBelle masks are formulated. πŸ˜– There are some good ingredients in this mask though; it’s just too bad the main one wasn’t further up on the list. 

@itsfi  I wouldn't say this is a bad mask, just not as good as the originals. It's especially disappointing when fragrance is higher than the star ingredients πŸ˜•

@Shosh85, the originals were hard to beat and I can't say that my experiences with the new varieties have come close to matching the originals. Like you said, they're not bad; they're just not the original version. πŸ˜†

Guys while I’m hanging with you all here ( ☺️) I have a question. Lol. Forgive if it’s been covered before but I don’t always stay up to date on here tho I know I should πŸ™‚ Have any of you tried the Sio masks? Do they even count as a true mask?! πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ They frequently offer good deals and I always wonder if they are worth a go? Signed, desperate as I get older, trying not to do anything invasive etc β€¦πŸ˜­

@Sunnysmom I have and use them. They really don’t do much that I have noticed.  I wouldn’t waste your money on it. 

Oh thank you @SportyGirly125 , good to know then. Money saved. πŸ™‚ 

Some recent masking, with a couple that I have been longing to try for awhile now!

310BED3F-11DC-472C-8FE5-E9BC7C83D170.jpeg

Spoiler
This was from last week, after hearing how much @Shosh85 enjoyed this brand, I picked this up and was not disappointedFirst, I finished up a little DS of the #Kiehl's Since 1851 Turmeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Mask 3.4 oz/ 100 mL. I enjoyed this exfoliating detox mask, and would repurchase at some point if I ever ran low on that category of masks. Which doesn’t seem likely for the next couple of years. I used REN Clean Skincare Evercalmβ„’ Ultra Comforting Rescue Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL on my cheeks, something I have learned to do whenever using a harsher mask on my T-Zone. 

When I opened the Vitamasque Vegan Collagen Lychee Mask, I had one thought: I want all of my skincare to smell this good. It was very fruity, yummy, and sweet. It reminded me of passionfruit, but sweeter - ridiculously sweet! The sheet itself was a little oversize on the bottom, flapping away from my chin. The rest felt like Spanx for my face πŸ˜„ After removing 25 minutes later, my skin felt only minimally tacky. I will be trying out others, I hope they are scented as wonderfully as this one!   

Ingredients:
Spoiler
48B15BBB-8A6D-4F43-893B-1C262C60B4B2.jpeg

 

I finished with PAT McGRATH LABS Lip Fetish Balm Tin and the Glow Recipe Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask 2.7 oz/ 80 mL (thank you, @SportyGirly125!).  

2E1A3CC5-A2F1-4D75-9B47-A4EE9B5C00DE.jpeg

Spoiler
Last night I soothed my skin with the Nuori Supreme Moisture Mask. This has been for the most part a nice hydrating mask, although at times it has caused a bit of redness. My skin just seems to be sensitive at times, but thankfully last night, it was not.

The Bioderma Atoderm Lip Stick is extremely soothing and has such a pleasantly soft scent, which I never would have discovered unless @missjeanie sent it my way (thank you so much! <3). The Jeju:en Lip Hyaluron Hydrogel Lip Masks are always a kick, and I wish I remembered to use them more often. I applied one under my sheet mask, and left it on for the remainder of my masking. I couldn’t say for certain if this really does much, but it feels lovely.

I anticipated the Glamfox Ice Aloe Vera Mask to mimic the Missha Ice Cooling mask, but this was not the case. It had a fresh, clean scent, and the medium-weight sheet fit my face decently. For the weight, I was surprised that it remained adhered so well. I left it on around 20-25 minutes, and upon removing, I felt a slight cooling to my skin. It left a slight tackiness, nothing too noticeable. It was a decent filler mask, but not one I would seek out again. On the positive side - no irritation or redness!

@eshoe  

Those hydrogel lip masks look interesting; do you think they work or would work if used regularly?

@missy94612 I think with consistent use, pretty much anything will affect whatever it is you area treating to some degree. That being said…I use balm/gloss constantly. I think of these as kind of gimmicky, but in my head, feel like I am giving my skin come extra love when using πŸ™‚

The scent on the Lychee masks sounds wonderful, @eshoe!

It is pretty delicious, @quspork. A wash-off with this scent would be amazing, too! 

@eshoe, all of that packaging is adorable! 

1 Reply