Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Shosh85 that is disappointing it didn't do a good job! I always have high expectations for pumpkin !

@Kim888  It was fine, just nothin' special. I'd probably put it in the filler mask category. I would've loved if it smelled like Pumpkin! 

@Shosh85, having the spotlight ingredient at the end of the INCI list is disappointing to say the least, and just feels wrong. ๐Ÿ˜” It seems like that is how many of the BioBelle masks are formulated. ๐Ÿ˜– There are some good ingredients in this mask though; itโ€™s just too bad the main one wasnโ€™t further up on the list. 

@itsfi  I wouldn't say this is a bad mask, just not as good as the originals. It's especially disappointing when fragrance is higher than the star ingredients ๐Ÿ˜•

@Shosh85, the originals were hard to beat and I can't say that my experiences with the new varieties have come close to matching the originals. Like you said, they're not bad; they're just not the original version. ๐Ÿ˜†

Guys while Iโ€™m hanging with you all here ( โ˜บ๏ธ) I have a question. Lol. Forgive if itโ€™s been covered before but I donโ€™t always stay up to date on here tho I know I should ๐Ÿ™‚ Have any of you tried the Sio masks? Do they even count as a true mask?! ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ They frequently offer good deals and I always wonder if they are worth a go? Signed, desperate as I get older, trying not to do anything invasive etc โ€ฆ๐Ÿ˜ญ

@Sunnysmom I have and use them. They really donโ€™t do much that I have noticed.  I wouldnโ€™t waste your money on it. 

Oh thank you @SportyGirly125 , good to know then. Money saved. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Some recent masking, with a couple that I have been longing to try for awhile now!

310BED3F-11DC-472C-8FE5-E9BC7C83D170.jpeg

Spoiler
This was from last week, after hearing how much @Shosh85 enjoyed this brand, I picked this up and was not disappointedFirst, I finished up a little DS of the #Kiehl's Since 1851 Turmeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Mask 3.4 oz/ 100 mL. I enjoyed this exfoliating detox mask, and would repurchase at some point if I ever ran low on that category of masks. Which doesnโ€™t seem likely for the next couple of years. I used REN Clean Skincare Evercalmโ„ข Ultra Comforting Rescue Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL on my cheeks, something I have learned to do whenever using a harsher mask on my T-Zone. 

When I opened the Vitamasque Vegan Collagen Lychee Mask, I had one thought: I want all of my skincare to smell this good. It was very fruity, yummy, and sweet. It reminded me of passionfruit, but sweeter - ridiculously sweet! The sheet itself was a little oversize on the bottom, flapping away from my chin. The rest felt like Spanx for my face ๐Ÿ˜„ After removing 25 minutes later, my skin felt only minimally tacky. I will be trying out others, I hope they are scented as wonderfully as this one!   

Ingredients:
Spoiler
48B15BBB-8A6D-4F43-893B-1C262C60B4B2.jpeg

โ€ƒ

I finished with PAT McGRATH LABS Lip Fetish Balm Tin and the Glow Recipe Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask 2.7 oz/ 80 mL (thank you, @SportyGirly125!).  

2E1A3CC5-A2F1-4D75-9B47-A4EE9B5C00DE.jpeg

Spoiler
Last night I soothed my skin with the Nuori Supreme Moisture Mask. This has been for the most part a nice hydrating mask, although at times it has caused a bit of redness. My skin just seems to be sensitive at times, but thankfully last night, it was not.

The Bioderma Atoderm Lip Stick is extremely soothing and has such a pleasantly soft scent, which I never would have discovered unless @missjeanie sent it my way (thank you so much! <3). The Jeju:en Lip Hyaluron Hydrogel Lip Masks are always a kick, and I wish I remembered to use them more often. I applied one under my sheet mask, and left it on for the remainder of my masking. I couldnโ€™t say for certain if this really does much, but it feels lovely.

I anticipated the Glamfox Ice Aloe Vera Mask to mimic the Missha Ice Cooling mask, but this was not the case. It had a fresh, clean scent, and the medium-weight sheet fit my face decently. For the weight, I was surprised that it remained adhered so well. I left it on around 20-25 minutes, and upon removing, I felt a slight cooling to my skin. It left a slight tackiness, nothing too noticeable. It was a decent filler mask, but not one I would seek out again. On the positive side - no irritation or redness!

@eshoe  

Those hydrogel lip masks look interesting; do you think they work or would work if used regularly?

@missy94612 I think with consistent use, pretty much anything will affect whatever it is you area treating to some degree. That being saidโ€ฆI use balm/gloss constantly. I think of these as kind of gimmicky, but in my head, feel like I am giving my skin come extra love when using ๐Ÿ™‚

The scent on the Lychee masks sounds wonderful, @eshoe!

It is pretty delicious, @quspork. A wash-off with this scent would be amazing, too! 

@eshoe, all of that packaging is adorable! 

Companies do a great job of appealing to our visual senses, donโ€™t they @FullCoverageBB? I love the glass jars and bottles, I like to try to find a way to reuse them when possible.

@eshoe, nice to hear the Vitamasques lychee mask did not disappoint. It's one of my favorite masks and, like @Shosh85, I've picked up more from the brand. Did you purchase any of the other "flavors"? 

Isn't that Bioderm lip balm great?! A thoughtful and excellent gift from @missjeanie!

So far the lychee one has been the only one I have picked up, @itsfi. Not sure which one to try next, but based on this one, I anticipate good things! If there is one (or more) you recommend for the next Target run, do tell!

@eshoe, "one (or more)" - heehee! Appreciate the wiggle room for recs. lol. The pineapple ๐Ÿone from this line is nice, but it does have natural exfoliating properties so it requires some extra mindfulness when it comes to scheduling when to use that one. Also the watermelon ๐Ÿ‰ from the same line is great for hydration ๐ŸŒŠ - it markets itself as an "electrolyte hydrating watermelon" mask which makes me think I'm putting Gatorade on my face. ๐Ÿคฃ Not saying that's good or bad. lol. There's also 3-step cactus mask pack that looks good - that contains salicylic acid, or one of the steps does. I'm finding that each Target store in my city has a different inventory/selection of these Vitamasques sheet masks, so yours may have other ones from the brand's different collections. Tagging @Shosh85; she may have insight on other masks from the brand.

@itsfi I did not see this before my run to Target today, but did pick up the Watermelon Electrolyte one! I bounced back and forth between that and the Cherry one (the Cactus, alas, was not in stock but I had already added it to my online list). I also brought home the Avatara Peach Beachโ€ฆreally ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿผ for a fresh ๐Ÿ‘ scent on that one! @Shosh85 

@eshoe  I might have not started picking up the Vitamasques masks if it weren't for @itsfi reviewing this Lychee one a while back! So happy to hear you enjoyed this one!

I saw a bunch of the Glamfox brand when I was in TJ Maxx last and wondered about them! If you had said it was like the Missha mask, I probably would've immediately ran out the door to pick some up ๐Ÿ˜‚

Thanks @Shosh85! With our mutual love of sheet masks and Target, I'm sure you would have come across these Vitamasques on your own. Out of curiosity, I looked up when I first used this one; it was February of this year - not as long ago as I thought; how time has flown by. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ It reminded me that I first used a mask from the brand Vitamasques going back even further, maybe 2018? They had a much smaller range of products and their distribution network wasn't as extensive as it is now. @eshoe, when I used the Vitamasques lychee mask earlier this year, I compared it to the Sephora Collection "clean" lychee mask. 

2 Replies
testing