Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

***2022 Mask of the Week Challenge***

Open for input and suggestionsπŸ‘‡πŸΌ

Spoiler

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: β„️ Wintery Holiday Masks - It’s the Most wonderful time of the year! Thank you lovely @LilaMJ for this new challenge❄️

Letter of the Week:  V

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@itsfi  I’m always down for tag! πŸ˜‚ My loves list keeps growing but now I’m in a bit of a β€˜maybe the border will open and I’ll get a trip in’ mentality with my shopping! I mean… if I use things up they need to be replaced right? 

Absolutely @missjeanie! Fully support your outlook and approach. πŸ‘ŠπŸΌ Of course they need to be replenished!! πŸ˜‰ I get the  considerations and precautions with opening up the border but I’ll also be very happy when travel restrictions are lifted and it does open back up. Looking forward to that. 

@itsfi how fun is that packaging! this sounds like a really interesting mask - a nice floral scent is always great

@Kim888, while I like the new packaging of the Dr. Althea sheet masks, I was bummed that this original packaging was discontinued; it is a fun one. At the same time though, it's so much larger than necessary for the sheet mask so I understand the direction Dr. Althea went with it. More importantly, it was a great mask.

B is for bioBELLE 

6B9289AD-8AA4-4286-BFB3-4DE9949D4239.jpeg

Spoiler

bioBELLE #Cutiepie Exfoliate & Brighten  Sheet Mask

Material:

Thin cotton

Serum:

Clear, thin

Scent:

A light, sweet sort of scent that was hard to pinpoint exactly, but I do think I smelled a hint of maple.

Fit:

A little too long at the chin and a bit too wide

Wear Time:

Half hour

Tack:

Light, stuck around for about 10 minutes

Results:

Soft, smooth, and moisturized skin with a little glow

Repurchase?

The packaging is cute and the results were decent, but for a brightening mask it didn't do much brightening. I'll have no problem using the ones I have left, but won't be repurchasing. There are just better brightening masks out there. I'm also a little annoyed that the star ingredients are at the end of the list and Fragrance is almost in the middle of the list 🀨

461103B4-B4A8-41D5-ABDF-ADEC3906586C.jpeg

@Shosh85  

How odd that the main ingredients are the last two on the list? That's too bad.

@missy94612  This brand used to be really good. Then they discontinued all their originals and now it seems most/all their masks have fragrance listed high and the star ingredients listed at the end. It's just disappointing ☹️

@Shosh85  

That is disappointing. It stinks when a company makes a change and it's not for the better.

::nods in agreement:: Yes, pretty much the same thoughts on this one, @Shosh85. It's a shame that Biobelle switched up so many of their really good masks for ones that are really just ok. 

@quspork  I really miss the originals! Those were some of my favorite masks! These new ones are definitely disappointing! πŸ˜•

@Shosh85, that mask packaging looks so yummy! Lol. Did it smell good? 

@FullCoverageBB  It was a light scent and didn't really smell like much - would've loved a pumpkin scent! 

@Shosh85 I have a couple of these left, I love a good fragrance,,, but like you,,I want to see it at the end of the list

@lmaster  Fragrance high up in the list is annoying, but it's even more annoying that it's also higher than the star ingredients πŸ˜•

@Shosh85 that is disappointing it didn't do a good job! I always have high expectations for pumpkin !

@Kim888  It was fine, just nothin' special. I'd probably put it in the filler mask category. I would've loved if it smelled like Pumpkin! 

@Shosh85, having the spotlight ingredient at the end of the INCI list is disappointing to say the least, and just feels wrong. πŸ˜” It seems like that is how many of the BioBelle masks are formulated. πŸ˜– There are some good ingredients in this mask though; it’s just too bad the main one wasn’t further up on the list. 

@itsfi  I wouldn't say this is a bad mask, just not as good as the originals. It's especially disappointing when fragrance is higher than the star ingredients πŸ˜•

@Shosh85, the originals were hard to beat and I can't say that my experiences with the new varieties have come close to matching the originals. Like you said, they're not bad; they're just not the original version. πŸ˜†

Guys while I’m hanging with you all here ( ☺️) I have a question. Lol. Forgive if it’s been covered before but I don’t always stay up to date on here tho I know I should πŸ™‚ Have any of you tried the Sio masks? Do they even count as a true mask?! πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ They frequently offer good deals and I always wonder if they are worth a go? Signed, desperate as I get older, trying not to do anything invasive etc β€¦πŸ˜­

@Sunnysmom I have and use them. They really don’t do much that I have noticed.  I wouldn’t waste your money on it. 

2 Replies