Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Goodness, @itsfi, I apologize for the oversight. I really wish a better search tool existed for BIC. I am thinking a Google search might suffice and yes, there it is - page 156. 

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/5748400/highlight/tru...

A lotion would be very nice ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

@Shosh85, well I should have figured that this stemmed back to @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜‚ I remembered seeing some on one of your haulsโ€ฆthank you for the inspiration, both of you, it was well worth it ๐Ÿ’—

@eshoe ohhhh these both sound really nice

The Vitamasque was especially fantastic, @lmaster!

@eshoe I picked up that lychee mask and a bunch of the other fruit ones from that brand after I read @itsfi's post / review on it. So good.

@nuinui933 @It is hard to resist any mask @itsfi gives a ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ to! 

Hi, sunshine's!!

This is my first ever mask of the week challenge I'm doing. 

The story behind this is that I have some sensory issues with face masks. Last night, my mom put a sheet mask on me and I almost couldn't handle it. I came downstairs and told my dad that and he said "Whenever I was having sensory issues with something, I'd do it a lot so I could get used to it. Maybe you should do sheet masks more often, I'll do it with you." Now our whole family (my mom, dad, and sister.) Will be doing some sheet masks together!! โค๏ธ โค๏ธ 

Dad and I went out to Walgreens today, and here are the masks we bought!:

• Burts Bee's Hydrating Sheet Mask with Clay Sage (x2)
  • Burt's Bee's Glowing Sheet Mask (x1)
  • Neutrogena Hydrogel Sheet Mask (x2)

@FullCoverageBB, so happy to see you on the thread! ๐Ÿค— What an amazing family you are a part of! Love โ™ฅ๏ธ that you and your dad went shopping for sheet masks and that sheet masking will be part of family time. You picked up some great masks! Masks and the wearing them can be tailored to what best works for you, and I agree with @Shosh85 about easing into sheet mask when it comes to wear time. You can also wring out some of the serum on most masks if itโ€™s too much, or cut masks in half to make it feel better sitting on your face.

@FullCoverageBB  Both my boys have sensory issues, especially with their face and mouth, and I would have to agree that repetition is important, but also just taking it slowly in baby steps as well. If you feel like you can't have a full face mask on for the amount of time it recommends, you could always start wearing them for as long as you can and just gradually increase how long you wear it. There are some masks that have only a 1-5 min recommended wear time, so those might be good ones to start with as well.
It's so wonderful how supportive your family is! It's so great you're giving it a try! Good luck! ๐Ÿ˜Š

@FullCoverageBB my 7 year old has major sensory issues,, your absolutely right, the more he is brave enough to do whatever is bothering him, the better it gets! So proud of you ๐Ÿ™Œ

@lmaster You're such an angel!! Thank you! 

@FullCoverageBB 

Love it when masking is a family affair. Enjoy your time with your parents and sister.

@missy94612, thank you so, so much! โค๏ธ 

@FullCoverageBB, omg, how fun!! Family masking! 

@nuinui933m, It should be very fun! โค๏ธ 

@FullCoverageBB Welcome! Your dad is awesome!

@Samtian He's the best! 

Welcome @FullCoverageBB, so excited that you decided to dip your toes into the water here :). I think it is wonderful and incredibly supportive of your family to join in on the masking. It sounds like they really care about you and are willing to try out new things to help you continue moving forward in life.

It is great that you picked up two of the Neutrogena. I believe those are two-piece masks, which might be extra helpful if you begin to feel uncomfortable. I love those, because it is nice to be able to remove the bottom part for eating/drinking.

Eye, hand or foot masks might be another way to just try out sheet masks gently. And donโ€™t forget wash-off masks, or even hair masks. Lots to do while taking gentle care of you โค๏ธ

@eshoe Thanks so much for the advice! I'm very excited โค๏ธ 

I am excited for you, @FullCoverageBB - and I hope that you share more along the way!

B for B:VID  

B - B VID.jpg

tl;dr: Clear, slightly viscous serum infused in a thin, bio-cellulose mask that, unlike most sheet masks, is intended to be worn until fully dry in order to clear skin of excess sebum, dry spots and other impurities, leaving it hydrated, plump and with a healthy, clear, fresh-faced brightness. Instructions call for wetting the mask after it has dried and been removed, in order to see the areas of the face where the mask has sucked up the skin's impurities. Sounds gimmicky but it legitimately works!

Sheet Mask:
Spoiler
Mask:B:VID In & Out Facial Mask
Material:Thin bio-cellulose mask
Adherence:Great, as expected from a bio-cellulose mask
Fit: 
Good; some minor adjustments needed
 to the openings for the eyes, mouth and nose for a better, more tailored fit

Essence / Serum:
Clear, slightly viscous serum infused in the mask that you can actually feel before applying it on the skin, which is not often the case with this mask material. 

Scent: No scent that I could pick up

Claim(s):

Exfoliating, hydrating and firming
Other Noteworthy Qualities:
Instructions call for leaving the mask on until it has dried, which for me, ended up being close to an hour.  Directions then suggest wetting the mask all over, with the idea being that this will show the areas of the face where the mask has sucked up excess sebum and dead skin from the skin. I initially was skeptical but it legitimately works! 

Results:My skin felt lightly hydrated and bouncy after removing the mask, though there were also certain parts of my face that felt a little tight (more on that below). I also experienced some tingling along the lower part of my cheeks on both sides during the time I had on the mask. 

Earlier in the morning, I noticed a patch of dryness on my right cheek when I was trying to get my makeup to apply more smoothly in that area. The slight tightness I experienced was likely due to that area already being drier to begin with. What was amazing was that after using the mask, the noticeable dry patches were gone. 

Repurchase?:

Oh yes, definitely! I would like to use this again, both to see if I get the same results and also in the warmer months when my skin is oilier. 

Lip Care
Spoiler
Coloupop Coco Loco Lippie Scrub has an interesting texture - it's rather emollient for a scrub, and the tiny granules do a good job of sloughing away dead skin without making lips feel dry. This one smells and tastes good, too! It acts as a nice step before the Bath & Body Works Coconut Lip Gloss with Coconut Oil, which has a nice oil-balm consistency that leaves lips feeling soft, moisturized and with a glossy finish. I wouldn't have known about this B&BW lip oil if it were not for one of @Shosh85's fabulous hauls; thank you, Shosh! 

1 Reply
testing