Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

Printed masks are especially fun for the younger ones, @eshores. I know I would have loved something like this at my daughterโ€™s age!

Does your daughter enjoy masking?

@eshoe - my daughter and her cousins are into all sorts of beauty things and are really into BTS and these BT21 characters. I'll have to do some research on these ones. I'd ask her to do it but then she'll just want them more and I should check them out first.

You are a great Mom and Aunt, @eshores! Smart thinking to do some research before mentioning it. A lesson I have learned the hard way ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@eshoe - that is just the sweetest compliment. Thank you very much! Being a mom and aunt has been so fulfilling for me. #blessing

Those illustrations are too cute!! @eshoe yaaaaaaay for a good experience

@lmasterthis one was so fun, itโ€™s like you were reading my mind๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿฅฐ

@eshoe  Sounds like a great masking session! The Creme Shop mask is super cute and I'm glad to hear the re:p mask works well post dermaplaning! Always good to have a nice soothing mask on hand! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Yay for the masks that donโ€™t wreck havoc with our skin, @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

Do you use any wash-offs that are tried-and-true soothers for you?

Sounds like a great masking session @eshoe ! That calming mask sounds really lovely !

@Kim888 its always helpful to have a mask on hand for post-dermaplaning, and this has been a consistently good one for me๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Another Bubble Tea mask, but this time Blueberry ๐Ÿซ 

260A867C-2ADC-464E-AE74-70E1F3FF83BA.jpeg

Spoiler

Annie's Way Bubble Tea Mask ~ Blueberry ๐Ÿซ

Material:

Thin cotton or possibly tencel.

Serum:

Clear, watery

Scent:

Super sweet artificial blueberry - I enjoyed it. It wasn't very noticeable while the mask was on.

Fit:

Just a smidge too long and too wide at the forehead and a little too long at the chin/jawline

Wear Time:

Half hour

Tack:

Slightly sticky, but was gone in a few minutes

Results:

Super soft and smooth skin that was a smidge brighter and lightly moisturized

Repurchase?

I still have a few more in my stash to use up, but I could definitely see myself purchasing more when I'm out!

82B0C2D0-F5B4-44EF-9382-FB94791BB53B.jpeg

This one sounds like it would also make a good candy, @Shosh85 ๐Ÿ˜„ I would like accompanying fruit chews for all masks like this one!

@eshoe  Haha! That sounds like a fantastic idea! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™Œ

These have such fabulous scents!! @Shosh85 

@lmaster  They really do smell so good! ๐Ÿ˜‹

@Shosh85 @Sounds like a good one! I do love an initial strong scent that isnโ€™t obvious once on - I feel like it gives you the rush you want without being irritating 

@Kim888  Everything about this one was pretty great! ๐Ÿซ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Blueberry twinsies @Shosh85! After you've tried all the different boba flavored masks from this line, I'd love to know your favorite(s).

@itsfi  I'm slowly making my way through the line, but can't wait to try them all! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

B for blueberry

B - blueberry.jpg

tl;dr: A light mocha-hued, slightly thicker-leaning eco-friendly, biodegradable Tencel mask coated with an unscented, non-sticky, clear liquid containing good-for-your-skin ingredients such as blueberry extract, niacinamide, aloe, panthenol, Job's Tears, and centella asiatica. First listed ingredient is the blueberry extract, which is said to make up 50% of all ingredientsSkin is left looking and feeling hydrated and fresh faced.

Sheet Mask:

Spoiler
Mask:All Natural Mask Sheet - Blueberry

Material:

Thicker-leaning, light mocha hued Tencel (eco-friendly, biodegradable)

Adherence:

Good; some bunching at the side where there's extra material.
Fit: 
Standard for sheet masks; an inch too long at the chin and about half an inch too wide at temples. Adjustments to inner corners of eyes.

Essence / Serum:Clear, unscented, watery liquid, slightly viscous, typical of essence in most sheet masks.
Ingredient Spotlight:
Blueberries. First listed ingredient is blueberry extract and is said to make up 50% of all ingredients in the mask.

Claim(s):
Brighten, even out skin tone and moisturize skin

Other Noteworthy Qualities:
The mask has a light mocha / light tan hue to it, owing to the extracts and the fibers being unbleached.

Results:
I was pleasantly surprised by this one. The mask was not overly saturated in the serum, but there was plenty to make my skin look and feel hydrated and refreshed, with a healthy glow to it

Best suited for: 
All skin types could use this one, but those with normal, combo and oily skin might really enjoy that, unlike many sheet masks, this mask is not soaked in serum. Those with dry or dehydrated skin can benefit from this mask as well, but will need to follow up with a moisturizer.

Repurchase?:Yes, though I would like to try a couple of the other masks from this brand, particularly the one based on houttuynia cordata.

Lip Care:

Spoiler
Glow Recipe Glow Lip Pop Lip Balm Blueberry is a light-but-slightly-artificial fruit scented exfoliating-and-hydrating-lip-scrub-and-balm in one that also imparts a soft, cool-toned pink tint to the lips. This blueberry version seems to have more exfoliating granules than the watermelon one, which isn't a bad thing in my mind as I found the watermelon balm to not be exfoliating enough for my liking. 

Glow Recipe Glow Lip Pop Lip Balm Blueberry 

Just popped in to this thread as I always learn so much from you @itsfi and all! This looks so yummy I just want to try it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Do you like the blueberry Glow lip? I only have the original. Thanks so much for all your terrific info! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿฅฐ

testing