Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi Skinfood makes some exceptionally-yummy scented wash-off masks. Even though I donโ€™t need another clay mask, you make it sound almost too good to resist!

@eshoe, the clay in this apricot mask is super gentle. I wouldn't have thought it included kaolin clay if I didn't look at the INCI list on this one. 

@itsfi  I've never used a mask from this brand because I've heard they're all pretty much just filler masks, but I'd buy this one based off the scent alone ๐Ÿ˜† Apricots are like pumpkins to me... I don't like the taste but I do like the scent! 

@Shosh85, Iโ€™ve only tried a few of these Dermal mask; they were part of past sub boxes. They were okay; the scent on this apricot mask takes it a smidge above โ€œjust okay.โ€ Amazon has a set of 10 of just the apricot ones and Iโ€™m toying with the idea of picking those up during my next sheet mask haul, just to wring the serum out of all the sheet masks, into a separate jar. ๐Ÿ˜† Will have to calculate if that makes $$ sense first though. 

@itsfi  I wish all masks smelled like they should! Glad you like this as a filler mask!

@ather, I hear ya! I was happy this one smelled like apricots! 

@itsfi the scent sounds excellent!! Especially in the summer

@lmaster, I kept poking my nose into the packet to pick up the scent. Lol.

Peach & Lily is having its summer sale this weekend, with selected products discounted up to 50%. No code necessary. 

Peach and lily sale.jpgpandl sale.JPG

Fine print:

Spoiler
*No promo code necessary. Available while supplies last. โ€“ all sales are final. Offer subject to change at any time and without notice. Must add $75 worth of items to cart to automatically receive (12) free samples. Sale ends 7/5/2021 at 11:59pm EST.

I'm a fan of the Original Glow Sheet Mask. @Shosh85, the peach slices masks are on sale (about 40% off), including the brightening (yuzu) one you like. @eshoe, I imagine you have "a few" masks you're looking to pick up since your no-buy is behind you (congrats!); not sure if any of the ones on sale are on your list, but it might be worth a look. 

Happy shopping maskers! 

@itsfi  Thanks for the heads up! I do love that Yuzu one! I just wish there wasn't a $50 minimum for free shipping... I definitely don't need $50 in masks, ๐Ÿ˜‚ but they do have other products I've been interested in!

Yeah @Shosh85, that minimum spend for free shipping can be a pain in the patoots. ๐Ÿ˜† They do curate some wonderful skincare products, though my essentials aren't part of the sale items, which is really okay since I have a healthy supply at the moment. Hahaha! 

Where to begin, @itsfi - this is a good start! Thank you for sharing, I will be taking a look around๐Ÿ˜

@eshoe, so many deals out there just waiting to be shopped. lol! Have fun! ๐Ÿ›

A is for Annie's Way. Gifted to me from the wonderful @itsfi! ๐Ÿ˜Š

21B339E2-2B52-4C07-9F84-1A70951D5582.jpeg

Spoiler

Annie's Way Pearl + HA Brightening Mask

Material:

Tencel

Serum:

Clear and watery

Scent:

Light floral - not too noticeable while the mask was on

Fit:

Too wide, a little too long at the chin, the eye holes were too big, there was a big gap of exposed skin around the nose and the strip between the nose and both was too long and too skinny. Despite all this, the material was thin enough to easily fold and scrunch into place and still felt pretty comfortable.

Wear Time:

Half hour

Tack:

None

Results:

Soft and smooth, comfortably hydrated and noticeably brighter skin

Repurchase?

Absolutely! The fit wasn't the greatest, but that's never been a deal breaker for me, and the thin material made that easy to fix.

CDDA88AF-F557-40BD-B689-949C16E04ACC.jpeg

@Shosh85  Sounds great!! I love Annieโ€™s way!! 

@ather  This brand does make some great masks! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I've always loved their packaging @Shosh85 sounds great even with the fit needing adjusting, definitely not a deal breaker 

@lmaster  All the packaging I've seen from he brand really is great and I've liked mostly everything I've tried! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Ahhhh, Tencel! ๐Ÿ˜ Love that material in sheet masks @Shosh85! Pearl and hyaluronic acid make a wonderful ingredients combination - hydrating and brightening! Happy to hear you liked it. This line of Annie's Way sheet masks has been a good one! 

@itsfi  Tencel + brightening + hydrating definitely make a great combo! I loved the results from this one! Thanks again, Fi! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

16EE14B2-C5E5-4C93-A599-57F2B599F935.jpeg

โ€ƒ

1 Reply
testing