Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

I agree, @quspork. I was really surprised, as it didnโ€™t seem overly saturated when I used it.

@eshoe, Huxley is always a hard one for me. The scent on some of their products can be too much, but then that same scent in another product is just fine. Iโ€™ve heard a lot of great things about this sheet mask. 

I can see why, @itsfi. The scent on the mask seems to be more evident than the Zero Gravity Cream. The mask reminds me so much of the Heimish, but the price is higher, unfortunately. Of the two I would be more inclined to repurchase the Heimish for that reason alone.

@eshoe, Heimish has an oil based sheet mask? I'm only familiar with their pH 5.5 and cica ampoule sheet masks, both of which are great.

So sorry, @itsfi - not oil-based, but a mask that has the same feel as the Huxley. The pH one. I havenโ€™t tried the coca one yet.

@eshoe they both sound great!! Thanks for the photo!

I love easy masking, @lmaster ๐Ÿ™‚ I would definitely use both again!

@eshoe  

Even the cover for the mask looks calming.

It is, @missy94612 - that is part of why I didnโ€™t want to use it! I ended up saving the sleeve, it is a nice heavy weight envelope which I hope to repurpose.

@eshoe  Oh, I love the picture! It looks so calming and relaxing, and really makes me wish I were at the beach right now - especially because it's supposed to be 115 degrees here this weekend! ๐Ÿฅตโ˜€๏ธ
This mask sounds great!l, and so does that moisturizer! Glad it held up, even though it was past expiration! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Oh my GOODNESS @Shosh85 - 115?!?! That is madness! I sure hope your AC works double duty this weekend, that sounds extraordinarily hot. 

I hope to pick this mask up again, and I will be sure to use it way before itโ€™s time is up๐Ÿ˜„

Z for Zaodam 

Z - duel - Zaodam.jpg

Z - duel - Zaoderm (reverse).jpg

The pale amber tint to the slightly-thin leaning biodegradable cotton fiber sheet on the ma:nyo Factory Zaodam Sooc Mask is from the serum in the mask which actually has more of an ampoule consistency - it's viscous without being goopy or gooey and has enough substance to its consistency that it doesn't feel runny like water.

Soothing ingredients are abound in this mask, with it being noted that it contains three kinds of mugwort, Houttuynia cordata, and motherwortThe scent on this had my mind spinning trying to pinpoint the smell, which seemed very familiar to me - the scent seemed similar to something I have eaten before, but I couldn't quite bring to mind what exactly it was - green, herbaceous but not woodsy, herbal but not medicinal, with subtly sweet, faintly floral, almost fruity notes to it. Just writing that out now makes me wonder if its familiarity is just in my head, but I'm pretty sure I've come across a similar scent. ๐Ÿค” More sleuthing to be done.  ๐Ÿ•ต๏ธโ€โ™€๏ธ 

The mask clung beautifully to my skin and every contour of my face. Fit was near perfect for me - the openings for the eyes and mouth were great - size, shape and ability to lay flat against my skin; they were large and wide enough as is. The only adjustment I made was to snip off about 1-1/2" of extra material at the chin. 20 minutes of wear left my skin feeling soft, refreshed, and lightly hydrated, with a couple of PIH dark spots looking less so. Personally, I would have liked it to be more hydrating, but for a mask intended to be soothing and calming, it lived up to those claims, and this is one I would repurchase๐Ÿ‘ In fact, I may pick up one of the skincare products from this line as well on my next sheet mask haul.

Haha, just now getting caught up on the post and so NOW I see this one, @itsfi! ๐Ÿ˜† I do find it interesting that the scent was just a bit different for each of us. I really got no fruity or floral notes on this one. I do wonder if it's more an interpretation on our parts or if the newer vs older version (mine expires in a couple of months so it age could play a part) is just slightly different enough to push a certain scent more forward. There's one or two ingredients that are flipped in the lists, so it's possible I guess. 

@quspork, haha! I'm still asking myself "how'd you pick up fruity and floral?" This just firms up in my mind that I need to repurchase this one and see about getting the one you picked up as well. This is going to fall in the "stay tuned" camp. ๐Ÿ˜‚

A perfect fit?? @itsfi yaaaaaaay!!! So glad you love it

Thanks @lmaster. Perfect or near perfect fits with sheet masks are a rarity for me, so I definitely take note when it comes my way. ๐Ÿ˜Š

@itsfi   

I've not heard of a couple of those ingredients before. You always have such interesting and unique masks. 

Yeah @missy94612! Hahaha! I am drawn to new skincare ingredients in the KBeauty space; well, pretty much any skincare space. ๐Ÿ˜‚ There's been a lot more soothing ingredients in the skincare market and that makes sense with all the mask wearing we were doing. I'm still partial to aloe, honey, calendula and centella asiatica, but I also just love seeing what's new out there and giving it a go. 

@itsfi  

A calendula mask sounds like it would be very soothing. I've really liked the Kiehl's calendula mask.

What a unique plant, @itsfi. It looks like itโ€™s one that needs a lot of water and TLC! 

The scent on the mask sounds extremely intriguing, too. Adding another one to the list;)

@eshoe, the scent on this mask kept me busy and perplexed. I was able to find a couple English versions of the inci list and that has been helpful as Iโ€™ve been looking up more info on the various ingredients, which has helped to shed some light on why I pick up certain smells, including this occasional and very faint whiff of mint when I would stick my nose into the packet. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Iโ€™ll try to post more info this weekend on my findings.

No water needed for this particular plant. ๐Ÿชด๐Ÿ˜‰ One of the businesses near me is closing up (theyโ€™re moving out of state) and they were trying to offload as many things as they could so along with some stationary items I picked up, I got a faux plant. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I am wondering what real life plant itโ€™s meant to resemble because it does look interesting (and like something I might want to have, depending on how much care it requires).

1 Reply
testing