Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@nuinui933  It's hard to go wrong with Green Tea!  ๐Ÿต

Love this comparison, @Shosh85! All of these are such nice masks. 

Thanks @quspork! They really were all pretty great! ๐Ÿต

Wonderful presentation!! @Shosh85 

Thank you @lmaster! Green Tea is such a great ingredient, for masking and for consumption! ๐Ÿต

@Shosh85  

This looks like a fun showdown.

@missy94612  It was! Haha! I have accumulated so many Green Tea masks, I thought it was time to duel some of them out! ๐Ÿต๐ŸŒฑ

I skipped to the end and guessed EH, @Shosh85! What a surprising win and great read๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

@eshoe  The EH mask had great results, but the alcohol in the ingredients and scent is kind of a turn off for me.... I prefer non-alcoholic ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yes!!! Love this @Shosh85! ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿต Of these 4 green tea masks, the Ariul one is the only one I haven't tried. On the list for my next sheet mask haul. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@itsfi  They were all pretty great, but the scent and milky serum on the Ariul one made it stand out from the others - it's definitely one I'd like to buy more of! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, the Tencel material and milky serum for the Ariul green tea mask does it for me. Thatโ€™s a combination that just sounds like it will make my skin happy. ๐Ÿ’š

@itsfi  Oh yes, love that tencel! ๐Ÿ˜

For last weekโ€™s Rainbow theme (thank you, @sonnydee!) I masked in ROYGBIV order:

A0F7A25D-7EC2-40AA-B465-2A3003EA4324.jpeg

Spoiler
It was a challenge in itself to make sure I masked daily; I usually miss a day or two. BUT, last week was all about staying on task. Here is a quick synopsis of the fun!

Julep Triple Quench Deep Hydration Sheet Mask System 
Spoiler
Oh, this one was expired and it behaved as such. The biocell sheet mask had fallen apart and was torn vertically. Thanks to the material, I was able to recoup it but it was disappointing. The fit was a little off, but overall it was enjoyable to use. I didnโ€™t notice a scent. I enjoyed the essence and sleeping pack parts of it; I think they are excellent choices for a three step mask, more useful to me than a cleanser/moisturizer with a mask.
Danielle Restoring Face Sheet Mask Collagen
Spoiler
This was a thicker weight mask with eye flaps and a clear, thin serum.The scent bordered on some type of cleaner, though it wasnโ€™t overwhelming. My skin began to itch and felt irritated, so I removed it and rinsed well. This one may have been past expiration date, unfortunately.
Burtโ€™s Bees Brightening Biocellulose Mask
Spoiler
This is the second time using the mask, and much like the first, I wasnโ€™t entirely impressed. Perhaps I just expect a lot out of a biocell. It has a plastic scent. Dries too quickly, and fit/adherence leave much to be desired. I did notice a bit of brightening, but that disappeared within a minute, much like my plans to ever use this mask again.
Bling Pop Lemon Mask Brightening
Spoiler
This has a most delicious, sour lemon candy scent! It was a repeat for me as well, and one I looked forward to using. Fit and adherence were ok, and after 25 minutes, it refused to remain on my chin so I removed it. There wasnโ€™t much remaining tack, and I did notice some immediate brightening effects. This of course was temporary, but the bright scent on this one makes it one I would use again.
Innisfree Seaweed Soothing Mask
Spoiler
This little beauty arrived in my hands thanks to the amazing @sprocketta . Before applying, I used the Elemis Dynamic Resurfacing Gel Mask which has a cooling effect. It carried over into my sheet mask portion of the night and was so refreshing. It had a clean, fresh scent, and fit well. The serum and texture of the mask combined reminded me of the Missha Ice mask.

Some algae/seaweed/kelp masks give me redness and irritation. Thankfully, this did not. I removed it after at least 30 minutes, maybe longer, and felt only a mild amount of any tack remaining.

This was so perfect for a seriously hot day, many thanks to Sprocketta for thinking of me!
Precision Beauty Retinol Forehead Mask
Spoiler
This is only the second forehead mask I have used, and it left me wondering why havenโ€™t I tried more? 

@ather (thank you, lovely!) sent me this mask, and although my skin isnโ€™t a fan of retinol long-term, I was curious to try it out in a different form and as a one-off.

The shape was just right; I need a 100-pack of the mask itself to soak and use for my own DIY masking-solutions ๐Ÿ˜„ My skin seemed to respond well to this, no irritation or redness - yay!
7EA68201-E3AC-48C3-B9FA-0D5F408BC0C7.jpeg

Somehow, it had an almost fruity scent , too! I left it on for 25 minutes, while also using the Erno Laszlo Multi-Task Eye Serum Mask 6 x 2 patches (0.15 oz/ 4.5g). The eye masks had a mesh material sandwiched inside of hydrogel, adhered well, and were shaped just right for my under eyes. Most of the serum was in the packet, and lacked a scent of any kind. I would use both of these again in a heartbeat. 

Crรจme Shop x Hello Kitty Ready Set Glow!
Spoiler
This is a tried and true favorite of mine, so I was very grateful to @missjeanie for sending this beauty my way!

The print is adorable, the fit and adherence work better for me than many of TCS masks, and the serum makes my skin happy. A win all around!

Love this concept with the rainbow, @eshoe. It's too bad about your reaction to the Danielle mask.

Only one questionable mask out of seven works for me, @quspork. I am just glad it didnโ€™t cause hives or welts!

Ohhh lemon pop @eshoe glad the retinol mask worked well!! Looks really cool too

Any mask that reminds me of candy is a good one, @lmaster ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

@eshoe  

Woah; that's a lot of sheet masks. That forehead mask sounds like something I need to track down.

The print in your background is beautiful. 

The forehead mask was shaped just right, @missy94612. I think itโ€™s great for some targeted masking when one is not up to committing to the entire face.

Thank you, I think the gold accents on it are such a nice touch!

@eshoe, the ROYGBIV approach to the rainbow mask challenge always makes for a good week of masking. The scent on that Bling Pop mask sounds fantastic! ๐Ÿ‹The Julep 3-step mask is one of the few 3-step mask packs that I really enjoy - great for travel. It's too bad it had expired. 

1 Reply
testing