Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi  I am so proud of you for working through your stash. That is seriously some dedication! And that seems like such a relief not to have to worry about expiration dates. I think I may have this mask somewhere (see, that's what happens when you have too many masks to get through), but I'll keep in mind that it may work well before makeup. 

Seriously - Major congratulations on getting through all of your masks. ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

Awww, thank you, thank you @PrettyPaint๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜ I've really appreciated everyone's encouragement along the way. ๐Ÿ’– I truly do not want to go overboard with sheet masks again. I've decided no sheet mask hauls for myself during the 4th of July sales. ๐Ÿ˜ฒSo, I'm just going to focus on the masks I already have and the last few that should be trickling in soon. Must. focus. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I was actually surprised by the degree of tack on this Leaders mask - wasn't expecting that at all, but it was completely a non-issue once I followed up with my moisturizer. Oh yeah, I know that feeling - "do I already have that mask...??" ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜‚ 

awww thank you.gif

Happy first day of summer maskers! ๐ŸŒž It definitely does not look or feel like summer where I am but that's okay; I was spoiled with some warm weather the last few days so I'll take it! This is my last mask for Y - rainbow week. Going with green for @sonnydee's rainbow week theme with this centella asiatica based mask, which to my eye, had just a hint of a yellow-green tint to the serum. ๐Ÿ’šY - rainbow - Cica.jpg

Spoiler
The ever-so-subtly yellow-green tinted, gel-like serum in the soft, slightly thin Elizavecca Centella Asiatica Deep Power Ringer Mask Pack sheet mask has an herbaceous, leafy / plant scent to it. It feels cooling and soothing against the skin, though it does leave a tacky to the touch feel after 30 minutes of wear, which makes this a nice choice for a makeup primer mask or after a day outdoors

The mask adheres well to the skin as is usually the case for me with sheet masks; fit can be made to work with a few adjustments at the chin and corners of eyes and mouth openings. The blend of skincare goodies such as hyaluronic acid (5th ingredient), and extracts of green tea, houttuynia cordata, purslane, witch hazel and cica help to calm redness, hydrate and give the skin a healthy glow. This is a nice to have mask though I'm not sure it is a 'must have' mask. It's definitely one I'd happily use; it's also one I would want to try again along with other masks having similar ingredients, to compare which one my skin responds to best. Maybe I'll keep that in mind when it comes time to order more sheet masks. 

Ingredients:
Spoiler
from reverse side of packet:

Water, Dipropylene Glycol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Dimethicone, Hyaluronic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Vincetoxicum Atratum root Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Phellinus Linteus Extract, Monascus/Rice Ferment, Lactobacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Arginine, Chlorphenesin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance

This is the second-to-last of my pre-2021 sheet masks! ๐Ÿ˜ I almost forgot about it entirely and was reminded of it a while back when @quspork posted another mask from this line - the honey one, which I will look for the next time I'm in the store. ๐Ÿฏ  Happy to be starting very soon with a fresh batch of sheet masks; a good start to summer. 

Centella is becoming such a great ingredient for me and I was looking at this line of masks not long ago.  Good to hear some positive reviews @itsfi .  Think I may need to add it to a cart.

Iโ€™m with you on that @missjeanie. For the longest time, itโ€™s been snail, honey, and ceramides as my most loved skincare ingredients in sheet masks. Those still are. Cica, though, is inching its way into that camp. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@itsfi now would you say you like this one better than the cica masks with the tiger that came with a bunch in the container?

@lmaster, great question and great memory! My favorite two cica masks at the moment are the VT daily masks or the ones from The Creme Shop. Someone who uses a sheet mask more frequently and for whom a soothing mask is needed / preferred would likely find the VT Cica Daily Soothing Masks to be beneficial. If a soothing mask isn't high on someone's skin needs, but one they like to have on hand and like cica as a skincare ingredient, then The Creme Shop Cica-Mend.

VT Cica Daily.jpgtcs cica.JPG

Thank you! @itsfi 

@itsfi  I love the packaging on this one. I had to look up the houttuynia cordata ingredient - it's interesting how many alternate names it has...fish leaf, fish mint, lizard tail, etc. 

@PrettyPaint, 100% agree! ๐Ÿ‘Š The packaging in this line is a lot of fun! Love the ombre effect as well as the illustrations. It just draws you in and says "buy me, buy me!" ๐Ÿ˜‚ I just saw that there's a 10-pack set of the different varieties in this range on amazon for $6.99; so, roughly $0.70 per mask. ๐Ÿ› That's a really good deal!

I've been seeing houttuynia cordata pop up more and more over the last 18 months or so; and often with other soothing / calming skincare ingredients, like mugwort, cica, etc. The number of aliases it can go by sorta makes me thinks it's like the undercover agent or spy of the skincare ingredients world. Hahaha! 

@itsfi  So I donโ€™t know if itโ€™s the colour or the name but this mask sounds cool! I canโ€™t believe your almost through all your masks pre 2021 thatโ€™s crazy!!! And it takes will power not to stop and pick up more!!! I am impressed!! Great job!!

@ather, it's probably both and the design on the packaging! ๐Ÿ˜ I have to say that is what drew me to the mask in the first place. ๐Ÿคฃ 

I made a couple of small sheet mask orders during the Sephora spring sale and during the Memorial Day weekend, but I put all those masks in a drawer as soon as they arrived so that I would stay focused on working my way through the pre-2021 masks and so I wouldn't be tempted to reach for the new ones. I will need to work on organizing the new ones. Fortunately, there are not that many. Gonna aim to keep the mask stash on the smaller side, which means I have to be extra good about not buying them whenever I see them. Ha!  

@itsfi It hit summer early here. It's been in the 80's for the past couple weeks, today was 93 and tomorrow's supposed to be 97, which is pretty hot for Oregon, especially my city. โ˜€๏ธ๐Ÿฅต

This mask sounds nice and I definitely want to try the honey one!

@Shosh85 I live in Salem and I'm LOVING the heat.  We get so much rain here that all of this sunshine is just making me happy ๐Ÿ™‚

@CookieGirl1  I don't mind a little heat, but 97 is just too hot for me!.... perfect temp for me is like mid 70's ๐Ÿ˜… I don't love the rain, but I appreciate it because it's what makes Oregon so green ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ’š

I live about an hour and half from you, in Portland ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Shosh85 I like it when it's about 85-ish rather than 97 buuuuuut Winter always seems to come so quickly in Oregon so I try to soak up as much of the warmth as I can, lol.

And how funny that we live so close!  

Whoa @Shosh85! That is very warm for your neck of the woods! ๐ŸŒž We were 70s and 80s last week and yesterday, sunny with a light breeze. Today, no sun in sight. Lots of grey.  Pulled out the sweatshirts again. ๐Ÿ˜† 

I thought I had more of these. ๐Ÿค” Turns out just this one. But thereโ€™s a store nearby that carries them and sells them individually so Iโ€™ll try a few more and if one or two flavors catch my eye, maybe Iโ€™ll look into a pack. 

97 tomorrow?!! Stay cool. Maybe put a sheet mask in the fridge.

Last night I used the SEPHORA COLLECTION Beauty Ritual Masking Set with the Boscia Charcoal Pudding Mask, I didn't realize Sephora doesn't carry the brand anymore. Anyways the masking set is a big let down for me. After the mask I used the Peace Out Salicylic Acid Acne Healing Dots and Peace Out Oil-Absorbing Pore Treatment Strips I thought the strips were nose only haha so I did the dot first and ended up having to use the strip on my chin, but it worked nice.

199521323_337394974456970_5417413400731190961_n.jpg194541376_327401678840333_1246897551476407695_n.jpg

@Samtian I loved the boscia pudding mask!! So sad they stopped carrying it

@lmaster I had to start using it because someone posted about theirs molding and I was like...mines old I better get to it lol.

@Samtian  I love all of the Peace Out products I have tried!

testing