Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@PrettyPaint, I've used the original Origins clear improvements mask before; it's more gentle than the GlamGlow. Then I discovered the Origins Clear Improvementโ„ข Charcoal Honey Mask to Purify and Nourish 2.5 oz/ 75 mL version and my skin liked it a lot more. ๐Ÿ˜ So now between the two clear improvement masks, I always go for the charcoal honey version. 

@itsfi  A little honey makes everything better! ๐Ÿ™‚

@itsfi  Interesting!!! I did a virtual class on innisfree on Thursday and Iโ€™ve had my eye on that mask since. Iโ€™m happy to see it in your list!!! I agree with the origins charcoal I just finished my bottle and this is a good reminder to get a back up!!

@ather, a virtual class on Innisfree sounds like fun. There's a DS of the Innisfree pore clearing mask for 100 points in the Rewards Bazaar in the US. Is it available on the Sephora Canada site? 

@itsfi  Omg is there Iโ€™m checking now!! Thanks! Hopefully I can snag it. The virtual class was amazing. Iโ€™ve grown to love them so much. If anything sticks after this pandemic I hope they do. They give me so much peace to watch them and learn about new things! 

@itsfiI got the same sample of the Glow Recipe clay mask and was also slightly disappointed in its performance BUT I was very happy to have been able to try it out in a mini because I had initially considered purchasing it when it appeared on the website.  I couldn't really see that it did anything noticeable for my skin and I left it on my face plenty long enough.  I have other clay masks that I find more effective so like you, I won't be buying 

@CookieGirl1I really appreciated being able to pick up a DS gwp / promo of the new mask so close to its release date. The details of the mask sounded really good but with most products, and especially with skincare, it's just very helpful to try out a product and see how the skin responds to it before committing to a full size. With this GR mask, it's simply that there are other masks that perform better overall for me. I'll happily use up the rest of the sample and may even see if it performs better under different circumstances and conditions, including keeping it on for a longer period like you did. 

So much watermelon goodness, @itsfi! I'm glad to see your comparison on the older and newer SC watermelon mask because I adore the old one and was hoping there wouldn't be a huge change in performance with the clean version. 

@quspork, it's been interesting to see what type of masks I have in abundance while working through my stash. Watermelon was one of the ones I had in volume. ๐Ÿ‰ The original version of the after-sun mask is one of my favorites from all the sheet masks Sephora has put out. I'm happy that the reformulation didn't change it much, and that the changes were for the better. I don't know if I would necessarily say that is the case across all of the new SC clean sheet masks, but this one, yes. I still feel $5 is a little on the high side for the mask, but when the original version is phased out, the clean one is a good substitute; even better if it's on sale. 

I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for the Y week to come up haha and I almost missed it! I present to you YUCKYCADO!!!! I think it knew I didn't like it before I even used it. It made my forehead really red and in the morning it was super oily. I forgot to mention with the last mask these are super drenched in serum. I squeezed both of them out, the shea as soon as I pulled it out of the packaging was leaking everywhere like crazy. I think I did too much squeezing because they dried on my cheeks pretty fast. 

natural-avocado-mask-sheet

In all honesty @Samtian I can only eat guacamole like 1-2 x a year lol but the actual avocado is cool, sorry it didn't work out for your skin

@Samtian  Awe, too bad it didn't work out well for you!..... but I'm curious, do you hate all things avocado?.... what about guacamole? ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿฅ‘

@Samtian Awww too bad it made your forehead red. I love avocado ๐Ÿฅ‘ but only if they are good ones. Unfortunately, the ones I can purchase in my grocery stores are about 50/50 quality-wise. 

I'm sorry this one didn't work out for you, @Samtian, even though avocados are delicious ๐Ÿ˜‰

@Samtian, your autocorrect seems to be acting up again. I think you mean Y is for yummy with green being the color for the rainbow masking theme. ๐Ÿ˜‚  Because avocaDOs are yummy and green. ๐Ÿฅ‘ ๐Ÿ˜„

PS So sorry to hear about the results from this one. Hoping your skin is doing better.

My mask last night. Just a filler mask. 

34b6963a-3961-4f03-94b8-09850a6de95e_2.94a9e1485c09246b3d3cd2f86e05bf9e

I like the saem line @Samtian sorry it wasn't stand out

@lmaster Thank you! That's ok though it could be worse!

@Samtian  Too bad it wasn't very impressive, but a filler mask is still better than @itsfi's paint thinner mask! ๐Ÿ˜‚

@Shosh85 Hahahaha that is definitely true!

100% agree with that @Shosh85@Samtian 

testing