Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe @Great masking! I love hybrid clay masks! They are so great for dry skin! 

Then you might like this re:p mask, @Kim888 - it is so very soothing!

@eshoe, looks like we were bubbling lip mask twinsies with last weekโ€™s masking. The bubbling ones are fun though I find lip scrubs more effective. 

Yea indeed, @itsfi! I share your sentiments, and it was just what was needed to bring a little smile to my masking eveningโ˜บ๏ธ 

@eshoe @Shosh85 ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ I thought she meant like something that makes you sick like poisoning ๐Ÿ˜† phew!!!!

Oh no, @lmaster! I will try to be more clear about which poison I am referring to in the future ๐Ÿ˜‚ @Shosh85 

@lmaster  I thought of that too! Hahaha! ... but I figured it was probably the name of something, since she used a capital P.  ๐Ÿ˜† @eshoe 

@eshoe  This certainly looks and sounds like a super fun masking session!

I've used some masks with hemp before and I've used some that had heart eyes, but never one with purple hemp leaves!.... so fun! Could the earthy scent you were smelling be hemp? I'm not sure what you mean by poison?.... like poison oak, poison ivy, poison hemlock... or maybe like Poison the band? (Haha! ๐Ÿ˜†)

@Shosh85 I am laughing so much right now because I definitely did not mean the band, but more like this:

8E582902-568D-443A-A5C4-51448BDA08EE.jpegI am guessing the scent may be hemp, although I havenโ€™t tried it as a scent on its own.

@eshoe  

I saw this photo and it brought back memories. 

@missy94612 it is a classic! 

@eshoe 

Bahahaha! I'm laughing so hard right now ๐Ÿคฃ I obviously don't really know anything about perfumes, haha! ๐Ÿ˜‚ I was honestly kidding about the band, but that is the first thing that popped in my head ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜…

V is for vivavious, as in effervescent, like the bubbles of a sparkling bubble mask. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I know, I can stretch things a bit to make them work; thanks for humoring me, friends! The bubbling aspect of this trio of treats is for the weird / bubbling theme from the fabulous @Aaliaa who started it all - hope you are well dear friend. ๐Ÿค—
V - weird - bubbles shangpree.jpg

Sheet Mask:
Spoiler
Shangpree Bubbling Mask was the very first bubbling sheet mask I used; that was years ago. I thought it was a regular sheet mask at the time when I purchased it. Nope, not a regular sheet mask. lol. This is a wash-off sheet mask geared towards clarifying, exfoliating, and rejuvenating skin while controlling shine through a combination of notable ingredients including charcoal powder and extracts of pomegranate and berries (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and strawberries). It's the berries that I pick up the most as far as scents go, a subtle, fruity, blueberry scent in fact. ๐Ÿซ 

A cloud of foam bubbles up after the charcoal infused black sheet mask is applied to the skin. On me, I need to quickly make some minor adjustments to the corners of the opening to the eyes and mouth before the foaming starts up. This is because those openings are pretty narrow for my facial features and also out of habit as I really like to minimize the likelihood that any bubbles or serum fall into my eyes or mouth. After the fizzing from the bubbles slow down, I remove the mask that now looks like it has a layer of cloud atop of it and rinse off the essence with lukewarm water and a washcloth. My complexion looks awake, refreshed, clearer and brighter. My skin feels soft, smooth and my nose looks like it's undergone a little detox. I'm generally not a huge fan of bubbling masks in any form; that said, I wouldn't mind using this mask occasionally, but it's not one that I would run out to pick up. I can see how it could make a nice primer mask before makeup application for those who like foaming/bubbling masks. 

The mask is regularly $6 but is currently on sale this weekend only at Peach & Lily for 25% off with code REFRESH.
Lip Care:
Spoiler
I've used these Unpa lip care products before but they seem to get lost in my collection of lip care treats. Will set these aside to work through them this summer.

Unpa Bubi Bubi Lip Bubble Lip Mask is a pale pink-hued, thin, light gel that turns white once the product touches the lips and takes on a slightly thicker and foam-like consistency as I work it across my lips. I hear a slight fizzing sound and feel a light tingling while this lip mask was bubbling up. My lips look and feel more smooth after using this lip mask, which is a plus, but ultimately, despite the fun factor of this item, I still prefer a lip scrub for smoothing and softening my lips. 

I followed up the lip mask with the Unpa Bubi Bubi Lip Ampule Ceramide and Hyaluronic Acid, an unscented balm consisting of well recognized hydrating and moisturizing ingredients. This one does a fine job but I think there are other balms on the market that perform similarly. It's one I consider nice to use but not a standout for me. 

@itsfi - oh! Bubble masks! I'm strangely fascinated by them. Have you tried the one from Elizavecca?

nuinui933_0-1622924430983.jpeg

@nuinui933, so sorry for the late response; I just saw your post. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ Iโ€™ve not tried the Elizavecca bubble clay mask but Iโ€™ve heard and read good things about it, including that it foams up a lot and makes for a great selfie. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

@itsfi this bubble mask sounds perfect

@lmaster, Iโ€™m not a huge fan of bubble masks but this is one I would use again. If youโ€™re someone who likes a lot of bubbles foaming up, there are probably better masks out there for you. 

@itsfi  

Oh, this one looks interesting. Does it really end up looking like the picture on the mask?

@missy94612, the mask does foam up but I didn't get as many bubbles as what shows on the packaging. For me that's not a bad thing, but I can see if others would want it to foam up a lot.

@itsfi  I would have loved to have seen your face when a sheet mask started to bubble unexpectedly the first time!  Too funny!  And I personally think stretching the theme makes it fun to see what everyone comes up with!

@missjeanie, hahaha! I feel like this might be a good indicator of my expression the first time, minus the fabulous hat and beautiful wavy curls: 

wide eyes .gif

Or, maybe this was more like it (gotta love Ramona and how expressive her eyes are):

ramona eyes.gif 

Yes, I like the opportunity to be creative that comes with the weekly themes, both the actual themes and the letter of the week. 

testing