Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

If you haven’t joined in yet, better late than never!

tenor

We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome.

This Week’s Theme: Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar that give your skin the perfect AM glow! Another nod to @keana1 for this week’s challengeπŸ™ŒπŸΌ

Letter of the Week:  M

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 10.02.51 AM.png
motw1.png

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masksπŸ’—

Re: πŸ’•πŸ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge πŸ˜ŒπŸ’–

@eshoe  Hmmm, I didn't even notice that. I'm pretty happy I picked it up! It's a fun and unique mask! πŸ˜ƒ

@Shosh85 the name sounds really interesting!! Thanks for sharing!! Glad you love it πŸ˜‰

Thanks @lmaster!! The name is what first got my attention πŸ˜‰

@Shosh85 @That sounds so interesting - thank you for sharing !!

@Kim888  I love the uniqueness of it! It's one of the impulse buys I don't regret πŸ˜‚

@Shosh85  I’m happy it worked out for you. I’ve been growing to love clay masks more lately. 

@ather  It was wonderful! It wasn't like a typical clay mask, and I think that, with the great results is why I loved it so much! πŸ˜ƒ

That sounds like a really interesting mask, @Shosh85. That texture seems like it'd be fun to use, plus the results sound great!

@quspork  The unique texture and great results definitely surprised me! πŸ˜ƒ

A bouncy / jiggly clay mask @Shosh85?!! That alone has piqued my curiosity! πŸ€©πŸ€” Those are some mighty nice results too! Did you happen to notice any detoxing / clarifying / unclogging pores action from the clay? 

Ummm, you’re so on theme - X for Xanthan Gum! πŸ˜‰ 

@itsfi  The texture was nothing like I've ever experienced before! I love it! It has definitely made it into my list of top favorites!

Fortunately, my pores have always been in pretty good shape - but it did make my skin did look noticeably smoother. My face felt clean, but not stripped.

Oh, yes, Xanthan Gum. I always forget about that one πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰

After seeing @PrettyPaint’s Gudetama mask from Saturday, it was motivation to get mine posted, too-after all, it was her idea to begin withπŸ˜‰

BD1A7679-F992-4187-9BBF-7F53367B191A.jpeg

Spoiler
The short and sweet of this is that the Joanna Vargas Exfoliating Mask is a deliciously-scented, light citrus/fruity favorite of mine. The Crème Shop Tighter and Brighter was most definitely my mood last week; I wish I could have reclined in an egg chair all weekend!
Spoiler
693D0191-06CA-4917-8028-50A544F2F969.jpeg

 

Since I couldn’t, I used this mask. My experience was very similar to @PrettyPaintβ€˜s. With this one, it’s more about the cuteness factor than the fit/adherence. Despite that, I would use it all over again if I needed an easy smile at the end of the day.

Ingredients:
Spoiler
9A5C639C-CA3D-4799-9A91-4AEBA4EB499D.jpeg

Thank you so much for this theme, I had fun going through my masks determined to find something to match my mood😘

@eshoe - i love gudetama.

@nuinui933 the whole idea of a lazy egg is amusing. Gudetama is great!

@eshoe  that chair is so cool. I think I need one lol. Love the reclining egg! 

We could all use one, @ather! Looks like the perfect chair to me:)

@eshoe, there’s just something about that lazy egg Gudetama that brings a smile to your face. Maybe you need to get the chair and see how it feels to mask while lounging in it. For science, of course. πŸ˜† 

For science, @itsfi, yes! The longer I am on this earth, the more I appreciate Gudetama☺️ As silly as it may soundπŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

@eshoe, not silly; it makes a lot of sense actually. 

@eshoe I need that chair!! πŸ˜‚

I have always wanted one, @lmaster! They look so cool and cozy. I tried again this past year, but my husband is opposed to it. So I do face masks and dream of owning oneπŸ˜‚